Kingfishers, New Milton, Hampshire

Kingfishers is situated in New Milton only a few miles from both the beautiful New Forest and the cliff top and beach at Barton-On-Sea. The home offers a variety of care options including residential, nursing and specialist dementia care.

Kingfisher’s offers 60 beautifully appointed single bedrooms all of which have en-suite facilities, flat screen televisions with freeview, private telephones and internet availability as standard. The spacious reception area creates a welcoming atmosphere with views looking out through the dining room glass doors, into the garden. The main lounge also offers access to the beautifully landscaped garden which has several covered areas to ensure the garden can be enjoyed throughout the year. There are comfortably furnished lounges on each floor where residents can relax and chat with family and friends. The activity room is well equipped with computers and internet access for residents use as well as offering a wide range of activities to suit personal preferences and varying abilities.

The Lyndhurst suite accommodates residents with varying degrees of memory loss or dementia. The layout and surroundings of this suite are professionally designed to help residents with memory loss orientate themselves whilst as far as possible retaining a degree of independence in a secure and welcoming environment.

Group: Colten Care Ltd

Person in charge: Rebecca Hannam (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Kingfishers: click here

posted 01 Feb 2016

Nursing & residential Dedicated Dementia Home

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Kingfishers is based on 10 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.287 is made up of 4.954 Points relating to the ratings and 4.333 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother was a resident for 4 years, during this time she received excellent care at all times, being treated with respect. The staff were very caring and communication between myself and the staff was always easy.

I have 25 years experience of residential care homes around the Country relating to two of my aunts, my mother, two friends, and both of my parents-in-law. In that time I have never experienced a better, more caring and more professional care home than Colton Care Kingfishers at New Milton. Believe me, I am a frank speaker and not given to flattering; my praise for this home is true and sincere and is based on two years experience of my parents-in-law living here and as a very regular visitor.

How likely would you be to recommend Kingfishers? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been a resident for over 2 years and has always received outstanding care from staff who are kind and friendly as well as being professional and effective. The environment is clean and attractive, similar to a good hotel. My mother is on an end of life programme and continuing to receive the best possible service.

Yes will recommend Kingfishers as below all very good. Wish there was a shop in the home. I settled in sooner than I expected feels like I am in my own home. You all do a good job here and it doesn't smell, everyone's smiling.

Everyone is friendly and helpful at this nursing/care home. The atmosphere is very pleasant and cheerful and my mother has been well looked after here. The food and service are very good with lots of activities for the residents who enjoy more action. The cafe is lovely to pop into.

Kingfishers is a excellent home, very welcoming, spotlessly clean, Top class food.
Can't fault the quality of care from the staff.
Plenty of day trips and activities well organised.
I would definitely recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Kingfishers? Extremely LIKELY

I think that Kingfishers is an excellent, well appointed residential home for the elderly. The staff are exceptionally helpful and the quality of care is very good.

First class staff. First class care.

My husband John was at Kingfishers for 4 years and received excellent care. I visited him every day and felt that in that time the staff and residents became part of my family. Rebecca, the matron, always had time to listen to any concerns I had. Many times during the night or early morning I would go and visit John and I always felt welcome. I still visit Kingfishers although my husband has sadly passed away. I think Kingfishers is the best and would certainly recommend them.

Very bright, modern, clean building. Excellent staff at all levels. Daily activities and trips out. Nothing is too much trouble by the staff. Very smart and colourful gardens all year round. Food is top class. Mother has been a resident there for the 5 years it has now been open and if I could afford it I wouldn't hesitate to move in there as well !

Submit a Review for Kingfishers

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kingfishers

There are no jobs posted yet for Kingfishers

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kingfishers