Reuben Manor

654 Yarm Road, Eaglescliffe, Stockton-on-Tees TS16 0DP

Reuben Manor, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland & Teesside

Reuben Manor is a family run business which aims to provide unrivalled facilities within luxurious surroundings.

Reuben Manor offers interior designed rooms with en-suite facilities, landscaped gardens, a coffee shop, Wi-Fi, hairdressers, traditional home-cooked food, a piano room, minibus and small group living.

The purpose-built care home provides specialist dementia care alongside respite care.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Julie Peyton (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 83 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Parking available in the grounds.

Latest CQC* Report on Reuben Manor: click here

9.7 Reuben Manor has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.731)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Reuben Manor is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 21 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Reuben Manor in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.731 for Reuben Manor is calculated as follows: ( (190 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 249 Ratings = 4.731

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Reuben Manor is based on 18 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 16.6 positive Reviews (83 registered beds ÷ 5). 18 Reviews ÷ 16.6 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Reuben Manor?

Reviewer Connection to Reuben Manor

Reuben Manor is superb. It is well managed. The staff are friendly and efficient. My aunt is very well looked after. She really enjoys the food and eats up everything. The home is clean and light and airy. My aunt has dignity and privacy when she needs it. The residents are kept entertained when they want it. The home has a good feeling when you walk in.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

My Husband was in Reuben Manor for a short term stay in November and December 2016.
I was visiting my family abroad in America so was unable to visit my Husband whilst he was at Reuben Manor. Our children who live in Australia called Reuben Manor to ask about their Dad and sometimes they spoke to him.
We were delighted with Reuben Manor as a care home for him. We highly recommend it.
I do think a pool table on each floor would be a good addition.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

I can only speak very highly of Reuben Manor care home. Without the love, care and expertise my Mum would certainly not be here today. The standards are very high and the staff are superb and work very hard to make sure residents are comfortable and cared for in a loved and dignified manner. My family are always made welcome whatever time of day. I can only thank them from the bottom of my heart for making their home my mum's home.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

The staff and management at Reuben Manor are second to none. The attention to detail is exemplary, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. I would also like to say a massive thank you to the kitchen staff for their excellent food.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

I come to visit my Aunty at this nursing home with my Mam and just love it here. I tell my Aunty how blessed she is to have such a lovely retirement home to live in with lovely, caring staff. My Aunty is really cared for here and looked after above and beyond anywhere else, I have ever seen. In fact, I would love to live here if ever I can't manage on my own when I get to that age. God bless the lovely, caring staff for their dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

From the moment one walks into Rueben Manor Care Home are immediately becomes aware of the pleasant surrounding, the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. We were directed to the manager's office and she put us at ease by greeting us and having us shown a typical room and around the home with it's sitting areas, cafe and gardens. A home is only as good as its people working in it and the word I would use of all of them is exemplary while working frequently under difficult circumstances. I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Rueben Manor Care Home very highly.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Since I've been here to stay I've felt safe. Someone is always here to help. I can request a different meal. Doctors visit weekly and can be called out. A small gym for exercise would be appreciated, plus physio.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Home is clean. I went to theatre trips and they are really good. The garden parties are good, these make you feel you are not in prison and still part of society.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Excellent care has been provided to my mother who has thrived at Reuben Manor. The staff could not be kinder or more considerate and friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend Reuben Manor.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Reuben Manor staff have made mum very welcome whilst treating her with dignity. They have also welcomed my family and kept us informed of mum's progress at all times. Reuben Manor is a "home from home" for her and makes us happy that she is in good hands in a wonderful environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Caring environment, attentive staff. Immaculate conditions at all times. Pleasure to come and visit my mother knowing she is receiving the standard of care she deserves. Treat at all times with dignity. Excellent laundry service.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

The home has recently been refurbished and looks attractive. My mother has been here for five years and is well looked after. All the staff are friendly, helpful and approachable, nothing is too much trouble for them. My mum doesn't always want to take part in the activities but they seem varied and I am sure fun, for those who wish to take part. As a relative I enjoy using the coffee shop which is an excellent part of the home. I attend regular resident meetings where concerns are raise and dealt with.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

After 6 years with myself as 24/7 carer it became clear that my wife, an Alzheimer's sufferer, needed a place in a care home with nursing facilities. We listed all possibilities within a 40 mile radius and began investigating. In due course we reached Reuben Manor and commenced a tour. My wife's reaction was to insist "This one is lovely. I would love to live here!" Accordingly she became a resident for the last 7 months of her life. During this time she occupied a beautiful suite with bathroom which one visitor described as "like a 5 star hotel". Throughout her stay we were both treated with outstanding care and compassion which made us feel like members of extended family. We celebrated our diamond jubilee with a party organised by the staff. I was encouraged and able to take my wife on afternoon outings during my daily visits whenever weather allowed. When it became clear that time was short, I was provided with facilities for 24/7 watch so that eventually my wife passed away peacefully in my arms. I can think of no category under which I could afford Reuben Manor less than 10/10.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Staff very good. Reuben's very new and very very modern and large. Good entertainment.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Everybody is so kind and patient with my mum. It has a family feel to it and all the staff make us feel welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Likely

The care my husband receives is second to none. The staff are always friendly, cheerful and endlessly patient with the very kind, and genuinely care deeply about their patients, nothing is too much trouble to help these very ill, demanding men. They treat them as if they were their own close family. The home itself is beautifully furnished and spotlessly clean. The activities are extremely varied, and in the summer, trips out for those who are well enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

I visit the home on a daily basis to visit my mother. I am always greeted with a welcoming smile by all the staff and over the year have participated in the may activities devised by the hospitality staff. My mother suffers form dementia and is extremely frail but every effort is taken to involve her in all activities. The coffee shop provides an excellent meeting place fora refreshment - and area where mum can watch and enjoy coffee and cake when able. The home provides a safe and warm environment for mum and gives the family peace of mind.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

I have found the facilities and staff very good and helpful. As I am only there for about 1 and a half hours per week it is rather difficult to judge, but I would not worry if I needed to come to Reuben Manor - except that there doesn't seem to be any possibility for physical exercises.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

Reuben Manor is a fabulous place where I know she is safe, card for and all of her needs are met.

How likely would you be to recommend Reuben Manor? Extremely Likely

The care home is a singularly excellent facility which radiates a genuine sense of caring and compassion. The staff give a great deal of time and effort in dealing with residents and their needs. I would particularly point to the events/ entertainment team who work particularly hard to ensure residents are given mental stimulation and a chance to participate in events (reading and discussion) also organising special 'weeks' such as the recent 'french week'

My mum has been a resident in Reuben Manor for 6 months. Since she moved in she has settled very well and her overall condition has improved. She has Alzheimer's and can be challenging at times, the staff make no fuss about this and treat her with dignity and respect at all times, enabling her to settle more quickly than in her previous care home. All the staff are helpful, friendly and very approachable. The activities in Reuben Manor are excellent and the team always try to involve as many residents as possible. I would highly recommend Reuben Manor for anyone looking for a care home.

Submit a Review for Reuben Manor

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Reuben Manor

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Reuben Manor