St Pauls Care Centre, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire

St Pauls Care Centre, in Hemel Hempstead, is a secure and purpose-built elderly care facility, with a flexible service designed to respect the needs of the individual.

Nursing, dementia, intermediate and continuing care are all carried out at the home, which looks to assist community health services in whatever areas of expertise carers have.

Eighty-eight beds are available in total and a wide range of health professionals regularly visit the home to ensure that care packages are kept up-to-date.

Group: Westgate Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Juliana Mensah (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 88 residents

Admission Information: Admission subject to full prior assessment. Ages 50+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on St Pauls Care Centre: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.4 for St Pauls Care Centre) is based on 28 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

St Pauls Care Centre

Staff looking after my mother are outstanding. They are deeply caring, pro-active, kind, sensitive, understanding and supportive to her needs and welfare. Above all, they are extremely polite, courteous, friendly and cheerful with high morale, expectations and standards. The facilities and resources are excellent too, as are all the personal services such as bathing, cleaning, dressing, hygiene and close monitoring of any health needs. I have only the greatest praise for the staff here, and their attentive care, love and affection for my mother.

St Pauls Care Centre

My 89 year old wife, has been a resident at St. Pauls care centre for about 8 months, and I am more than pleased with the care she is getting here. The carers both men, woman and all the staff employed could not be more caring and considerate of the residents needs. I regard the care given at St Pauls to be as near perfect as you can get.

St Pauls Care Centre

Care was excellent, staff very caring.

St Pauls Care Centre

My father and the home are kept very clean. I am always made welcome and the staff keep me very well informed as to what is going on with my father's care. I have total trust that they care as best as they can in often challenging situations.

St Pauls Care Centre

The care given to our father has been 1st class, great staff and a wonderful home. Highly recommended.

St Pauls Care Centre

Mum is 96 and was admitted to St Pauls to receive palliative care. This was our first experience of a nursing home and we were uncertain about what to expect. We are delighted with the care mum is receiving at St Pauls! We could not have wished for a nicer or safer environment for mum, we would definitely recommend St Pauls to other families looking for a good nursing home.

St Pauls Care Centre

We can not find any fault at this home. Dad is so relaxed and has felt at home almost from day one.

St Pauls Care Centre

Mum has just had her 96th birthday at the home. She is terminally ill and is being cared for with kindness, compassion and dignity. As a family we are very grateful to all the staff at the home for the excellent care mum is receiving in the last weeks of her life.

St Pauls Care Centre

I would recommend St Paul's. Mums care has been great since she's been here. The staff are all very kind.

St Pauls Care Centre

St Pauls is a very caring and considerate home. Care and dignity is shown to the residents at all times.

St Pauls Care Centre

Very simple - St Paul's really does take care of my mother, the staff work as a team to provide excellent physical care, but also show a great deal of love and respect for my mum.

St Pauls Care Centre

I have been highly impressed with the support and care delivered to my father.

St Pauls Care Centre

Very good staff, helpful and cheerfull.

St Pauls Care Centre

Well run nursing home. The staff are a happy bunch. The care is superb.

St Pauls Care Centre

A very friendly all round excellent home.

St Pauls Care Centre

I am so very happy with the care my mum has received from St Pauls. Transitioning mum from being independent at home to full nursing care was made possible by the excellent staff of St Pauls. I am full of praise for this facility. It is a great new home for my mum.

St Pauls Care Centre

The best possible care we could have hoped for, safe and caring environment. All staff are a credit to Scarborough Court.

St Pauls Care Centre

On my short acquaintance with St Pauls I am very impressed and it is a pleasure to visit.

St Pauls Care Centre

I am greatly satisfied with what I am getting and pleased with my care. My medical needs are greatly met. I have been to the hospital several times and I can say that the care here is better.

St Pauls Care Centre

This is an excellent place for elderly people. Staff are fantastic. I would recommend this care home to people any time.

St Pauls Care Centre

Very good staff who looked after my mother who was unable to communicate and had to stay in bed. They were all very kind and respectful to her and me. Thank you all very much.

St Pauls Care Centre

My partner has lived in this home for over four years. I have always known that he is being properly looked after, both physically and mentally. He says that he feels safe here. He is only 53, so is much younger than most of the other residents. The staff - nursing and other - often pop in his room for a chat. As he is totally bed bound, this means a lot to both of us.

St Pauls Care Centre

The care my brother-in-law receives is second to none, the staff are friendly and polite towards us when we visit. My brother-in-law often comments on our visits that "this is not a bad place to live" which is a great comfort to us knowing that he is happy. He can be very difficult at times but the staff manage him really well . I hope he ends his days at St Paul's in my opinion there is no where better.

St Pauls Care Centre

I think the care home provides quality facilities and assistance. The availability of support facilities are most helpful, I think I like everything about the care home. Thank you.

St Pauls Care Centre

I have been a resident at St Paul's Care Centre for three years now. Care given to me is excellent. All the staff are caring and lovely. St Paul's is my home and I enjoy staying here.

St Pauls Care Centre

I have been really impressed with the care provided by the above home. The staff are very caring and treat the residents with respect and dignity. Staff have a positive attitude in ensuring the residents have a good quality of life. They are proactive in ensuring that residents have access to assessments by other professional services, eg dieticians, SALT, GP and dentist. Although this resident is unable to take part in activities, I have observed that a good variety is provided for those residents who can participate. I am unable to comment on the standard of food as the resident in question is PEG fed. I am impressed by the high standard of cleanliness maintained by the home. Also, as this home provides nursing care, it is inevitable that there will be various degrees of incontinence among the residents and I am impressed at how this is managed. I would certainly have no hesitation in recommending St Paul's Care Centre to anyone in need of good nursing care.

St Pauls Care Centre

At first sight it looks like a hotel, and service by management and staff is on par with some excellent hotels I have stopped at. The rooms are very good, with comfortable beds, and en-suite wet rooms. I hope when my time comes I will be places in something similar.

St Pauls Care Centre

I have found the general conditions, and the friendly, helpful carers and management staff here to be excellent. My husband doens't generally join in with activities, preferring to stay in his room, but from what I have heard and seen when visiting him, there always seems to be plenty going on and it sounds very good.

Submit a Review for St Pauls Care Centre

November 2012

General Domestic

£6.83 p/h (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Housekeeper

8.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Healthcare Assistant

7.00 - 8.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Registered Nurse

14.00-15.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Pauls Care Centre