Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home, Andover, Hampshire

Rothsay Grange is a purpose-built home in picturesque Penton Mewsey in North West Hampshire offering 24-hour nursing and residential care for those discerning older people looking to enjoy a stress-free luxury environment with fine dining and activities. They also offer expert care for those living with a dementia in their Memory Lane Community.

A team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And their dedication can be seen across the board - in home cooking, hospitality, housekeeping, administration and in organising many activities for residents.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Fiona Linnington (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Head/Brain Injury • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home: click here

posted 23 Jun 2015

We care for people who require support and care for older people with nursing needs including dementia. If you would like more information then please call Kim Mears - Home Service Advisor who will be happy to talk in greater detail.

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

When we were looking for a care home for my aunt, we looked at 3 in Andover, but as soon as we entered the Rothsay Grange you are made to feel very welcome and at home. All the staff are very friendly and nothing is to much if you need help. The rooms are very homely and kept in very good condition. My aunt is very fussy with her food but the chef has been to talk to her to try different options.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home? Extremely likely

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The rooms are spacious with a purpose built en-suite bathroom. The decoration of the care facility is exceptionally modern and kept very clean, the overall standards of the home makes it feel like a top class hotel with nurses and care staff.The staff are friendly and always put the care of their patients first. Nothing ever seems too much trouble. Care is provided on an individual basis to meet the needs of the recipient. All staff communicate with me on a regular basis from the manager to the chef. A real home from home.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home? Likely

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

It's been a difficult time finding out about Janice's medical condition and we weren't sure what to do. Rothsay Grange have fabulous facilities, but what is best is the level of care she is receiving. All the staff are very helpful and offer a personal experience right from nurse to reception.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

4star service from all staff and other personnel. Extremely helpful and informative.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Staying here while my daughter is away - I now feel very comfortable - lovely weather to enjoy the very nice garden.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

My daughter found out about Rothsay Grange by internet and talking to staff.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

All staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing seemed too much trouble.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Recommendation from my daughters friend. I would highly recommend Rothsay Grange to anybody that needs care.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The staff were extremely helpful and caring and friendly, always willing to help in any way possible. The home was very very comfortable with all the amenities that I needed to make my stay enjoyable and most of all gave me the rest I much needed.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The home is a very good one because they also have Hobbs providing April's Physio and O.T. Which was why I wanted April to come to Rothsay. The home is a home I can believe that when I leave at 3.30pm April is in very safe hands with the carers, the staff and carers always have time to stop and speak to use they pass by. The meals are very good and if April wants anything for a change, the cook will always try to have the changes that the people require. We have been at Rothsay for two and half years in which I travel I 72 miles a day, everyday. I am more than happy to do this than have to be concerned when I leave.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

We are well looked after here (for two weeks respite) All the carers are most helpful and kind and the food is plentiful and varied. The bedrooms are a good size and bathrooms. The laundry is useful but can be a problem getting the clothes back although clearly marked, I would recommend the Rothsay.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

I am delighted to recommend Rothsay Grange as an excellent care home for the elderly and those who suffer from dementia. My brother was admitted to Rothsay Grange in October 2014 and my comments relate from that date to the present. The staff are excellent and caring, even though dealing with sometimes difficult people. In praising the staff I include the Carers, The Nursing and Catering staff, and all other office and ancillary workers, who all contribute to the pleasant and happy environment. My brother has been admitted to hospital on two occasions. This was entirely due too the close attention paid to his condition by the Nursing staff. A local GP has been appointed, who does a superb job in looking after my brother's welfare. I must also congratulate the entertainment team who do a great job on a limited budget. Like many families, I have a business to run and I travel a great deal, and cannot always be available. The same applies to my wife, who cares for some of our grandchildren and great grandchildren. Due to the excellent support provided by Rothsay Grange, we do not have to worry about my brother's welfare.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Very pleasant spacious care home. Staff - very welcoming and friendly, maybe one or two a little difficult to understand - but this could be due to my deafness problem! Pleasant on-suite room. regretfully not advised of any activities or physio.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

We are delighted with Rothsay Care Home. Staff are all very friendly and caring, food is excellent! The home in general is very good indeed. No negative comments.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

I highly recommend Rothsay Grange Nursing Home. A newly purpose built facility, tasteful decor and very well maintained. Care/support provided by all levels if staff (management, care staff, catering of laundry) has been professional and attentive. The food is excellent and of a very high standard. In conclusion, an excellent facility and extremely good value for money. Highly recommended.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The staff are lovely, the food is tasty. The staff are very attentive.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

My husband went into Latimer Court, Worcester as it opened in February 2013. I was very pleased with the way he was looked after especially the last few weeks (he died July 2014) I have Parkinson's Disease and went into Latimer for 3 weeks respite. I came to Rothsay Grange to spend Christmas New year with my family. Made very welcome, enjoyed my stay here.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Rothsay was an ideal stepping stone for my mother between hospital and home following a knee replacement operation. It gave her time to concentrate on her physio and knee rehabilitation without having to worry about the domestic side of life. The sister in charge of mum's floor was extremely efficient, kind and very friendly - supporting when required, but also encouraging independence. all the staff were friendly and helpful and encouraging. The physio's were also excellent and even visited at home a couple of times after mum left.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

I think the staff are marvellous, patient and kind. I feel that staff are the most important thing. The food was good and great variety.

Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The care/nursing home is well managed and provides a good card system for residents. There is a contentment within the residents generated by the care given by carers. I'm really pleased my relative is well looked after and is happy in his surroundings, in his home.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Registered Night Nurse (RGN)

£ Competitive + Free Training/ CPD (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Care Assistant

£comp + free training + benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Care Home General Manager

Excellent salary + package (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Kim

Kim Mears

Job Title: Home Service Advisor

Joined: 2014

Hi, my name is Kim Mears and I am the Home Services Advisor here at Rothsay Grange.

Previously I have worked for the Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire as a Carer Support Worker covering the Basingstoke and Deane area for the past 4 years. My role was supporting unpaid carers, offering information, signposting, a regular support group and most importantly a listening ear.

I am looking forward to working closely with families, healthcare professionals and the local community in and around Andover and the surrounding areas and being part of what already seems a very friendly team.

Aimee

Aimee Hibdige

Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator

Aimee works closely with Zoe to provide full time activity cover for the enjoyment and benefit of our residents.

Cheryl

Cheryl Goldsmith

Job Title: Head of Memory Lane

Joined: 2013

I have been a Qualified Registered Nurse for six years, working in nursing homes for five of these years. I joined Rothsay Grange in 2013 as a nurse and am now the Head of Unit for our Memory Lane community. I have looked after dementia sufferers on a personal and professional basis for four years now and find this very rewarding - no two days are ever the same. I encourage family and friends of our residents to get involved in the Memory Lane community and I endeavour to promote the independence of our residents and make their days here at Rothsay Grange as fulfilling as possible.

Emily

Emily Page

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2009

My name is Emily and I have worked at Rothsay Grange since we opened in 2009. I began as a night care assistant and in 2012 I was promoted to night unit care co-ordinator. This was a very rewarding role, however in 2013 after 20 years of care, I felt I needed a change but did not want to leave Rothsay Grange. So when the post of Admin Assistant became available I applied. I am now enjoying my new role in which I help residents, families, friends and the staff of Rothsay with their enquiries whilst assisting the administrator to complete daily tasks to ensure the smooth running of the home.

Siska

Siska Redman FH, MTA

Job Title: Music Therapist

Siska Redman is the Music Therapist at West Abbey in Yeovil and Rothsay Grange in Andover.

After graduating from the prestigious, four-year Heidelberg Music Therapy course, she worked in Germany, Switzerland and Canada before settling down with her family in Somerset.

Siska brings excellence from leading European clinics for neurology and psychosomatics as well as knowledge in special education to her work in Barchester.

She is passionate about delivering music therapy which is fun and empowering. She seeks to open up a creative “headspace” for Barchester residents and staff and focuses on creating and encouraging an atmosphere of warmth and acceptance. Through music, Siska strives to increase the quality of life in the homes where she works.

Rothsay Grange has a very dynamic Memory Lane unit for people living with dementia and the residents there engage whole-heartedly in our weekly music therapy groups. This state-of-the-art home is supremely comfortable and Siska aims to make it even more comfortable and homely through her sessions. Residents enjoy singing solos and remembering long-forgotten melodies. You can see how much they relax when immersed in musical improvisations with instruments. There is a sense of everyone who participates really appreciating music as an art form but it also helps people at the home to self-regulate their emotions when they are anxious.

Siska supervises Postgraduate students studying music therapy in the UK, who are on placement. Our residents enjoy the variety of musicianship the volunteers bring and share.

In the words of a resident : “I had forgotten about all those beautiful tunes and sounds. The music gives me an instant lift and another perspective. It’s like being in a different world: I love it.”

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home