Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home, Weyhill, Andover, Hampshire
Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home
Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

Rothsay Grange is a purpose-built home in picturesque Penton Mewsey in North West Hampshire offering 24-hour nursing and residential care for those discerning older people looking to enjoy a stress-free luxury environment with fine dining and activities. We also offer expert care for those living with a dementia in our Memory Lane Community.

Our team of highly-qualified and attentive staff really focus on the individual needs of our residents with a tailored care plan for each person. And our dedication can be seen across the board - in our home cooking, hospitality, housekeeping, administration and in organising many activities for our residents.

We're here to help – come along and see us at our best!

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Lisa Franklin (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Head/Brain Injury • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (7.9 for Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

The care/nursing home is well managed and provides a good card system for residents. There is a contentment within the residents generated by the care given by carers. I'm really pleased my relative is well looked after and is happy in his surroundings, in his home.

Submitted by Jano Shipley (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 30 April 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home

(please write a short headline summary)

2nd Chef

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Andover , Hampshire

17 Sep 2014

Care Assistant

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Andover , Hampshire

15 Sep 2014

Lisa

Lisa Franklin

Joined: 2013

I have worked for Barchester Healthcare since June 2013. I am the General Manager of Rothsay Grange, overseeing the day to day running of the Home, supported by my staff.

I have a nursing background, qualifying as an RGN in 1988 and am passionate about delivering high standards of Quality Care. I strive to have a home with pro-active, positive minded staff with the drive to continue to improve individualised care to our residents.

Amanda

Amanda Smith

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2009

I have worked at Rothsay Grange since August 2009, just before we opened. I was originally employed as the Administrator, looking after all the financial aspects of the Home and assisting with the employment procedures of staff.

I have now been promoted to the role of Non Clinical Deputy Manager which involves helping the General Manager with all administrative tasks and ensuring that all documentation meets with Barchester Healthcare policies and procedures and that all CQC and other legislative bodies requirements.

Aimee

Aimee Hibdige

Job Title: Activities Co-ordinator

Aimee works closely with Zoe to provide full time activity cover for the enjoyment and benefit of our residents.

Cheryl

Cheryl Goldsmith

Job Title: Head of Memory Lane

Joined: 2013

I have been a Qualified Registered Nurse for six years, working in nursing homes for five of these years. I joined Rothsay Grange in 2013 as a nurse and am now the Head of Unit for our Memory Lane community. I have looked after dementia sufferers on a personal and professional basis for four years now and find this very rewarding - no two days are ever the same. I encourage family and friends of our residents to get involved in the Memory Lane community and I endeavour to promote the independence of our residents and make their days here at Rothsay Grange as fulfilling as possible.

Emily

Emily Page

Job Title: Administration Assistant

Joined: 2009

My name is Emily and I have worked at Rothsay Grange since we opened in 2009. I began as a night care assistant and in 2012 I was promoted to night unit care co-ordinator. This was a very rewarding role, however in 2013 after 20 years of care, I felt I needed a change but did not want to leave Rothsay Grange. So when the post of Admin Assistant became available I applied. I am now enjoying my new role in which I help residents, families, friends and the staff of Rothsay with their enquiries whilst assisting the administrator to complete daily tasks to ensure the smooth running of the home.

Siska

Siska Redman FH, MTA

Job Title: Music Therapist

Siska Redman is the Music Therapist at West Abbey in Yeovil and Rothsay Grange in Andover.

After graduating from the prestigious, four-year Heidelberg Music Therapy course, she worked in Germany, Switzerland and Canada before settling down with her family in Somerset.

Siska brings excellence from leading European clinics for neurology and psychosomatics as well as knowledge in special education to her work in Barchester.

She is passionate about delivering music therapy which is fun and empowering. She seeks to open up a creative “headspace” for Barchester residents and staff and focuses on creating and encouraging an atmosphere of warmth and acceptance. Through music, Siska strives to increase the quality of life in the homes where she works.

Rothsay Grange has a very dynamic Memory Lane unit for people living with dementia and the residents there engage whole-heartedly in our weekly music therapy groups. This state-of-the-art home is supremely comfortable and Siska aims to make it even more comfortable and homely through her sessions. Residents enjoy singing solos and remembering long-forgotten melodies. You can see how much they relax when immersed in musical improvisations with instruments. There is a sense of everyone who participates really appreciating music as an art form but it also helps people at the home to self-regulate their emotions when they are anxious.

Siska supervises Postgraduate students studying music therapy in the UK, who are on placement. Our residents enjoy the variety of musicianship the volunteers bring and share.

In the words of a resident : “I had forgotten about all those beautiful tunes and sounds. The music gives me an instant lift and another perspective. It’s like being in a different world: I love it.”

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Rothsay Grange Care Home