Kew House, London, London

Kew House is a luxury care home situated in Wimbledon. The home has outstanding facilities and offers the highest level of relationship-centred care.

The home's modern interior is designed to be both homely and comfortable. Each bedroom is elegantly furnished and has its own en-suite facility, while several rooms also have direct access onto an outside patio.

Residents at Kew House are encouraged to live as active and independent life as possible. The home achieve this by creating a mix of activities Kew House has a dedicated activities coordinator who organises a packed calendar of events and occasions.

Kew House offers quality nursing, dementia and residential care.

Group: Hallmark Care Homes

Person in charge: Yetty Adepegba (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Merton Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 81 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Over 65 and overs. Ages 50+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Kew House: click here

posted 16 hours ago

Please contact the home for current vacancies

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Kew House is based on 23 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.210 is made up of 4.642 Points relating to the ratings and 4.568 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Incredibly friendly, helpful and devoted staff. I am most impressed. facilities excellent staff made excellent relationship with my father who has Alzheimer's and can be grumpy. The place is busy and friendly very important compared to quietness of many other homes which must be un-stimulating. As visitors we feel extremely welcome, all the time on downside is the cost- was not sustainable in long term for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Kew House? Extremely LIKELY

My mother and father moved into the home on 13th May 2013. Mummy has dementia but because of the virus we had all suffered at that time she had lost so much weight. My mother being a doctor had always organised my father at home- after his hand operation he could not open packaging. Once my parents entered Kew House they both started to put on weight . I was so pleased to see the difference. Daddy has now died of his various illnesses. I am so happy Mum is still at Kew House. They remind her that her husband has died and we the family dad has died.

How likely would you be to recommend Kew House? Extremely LIKELY

I stepped in to look after my mother when her health and ability to live independently declined. We managed for three and a quarter years, however mums needs became very complex and required twenty four hour care. This could not be achieved by me alone. The decision to place mum in a home was enormous. Guilt, failure anxiety all featured into the emotional mix. We chose Kew House because mum had enjoyed a respite placement during one of our holiday breaks. The transition took time but the staff have managed our fears on hospital and GP visits and hospital admissions. Slowly but surely mum sees Kew House as "home" we visit and take her out, she gets her nails, feet and done and plenty of opportunities to attend events the relief is wonderful

Since moving into Kew House (at very short notice) the resident's health has improved markedly. Teething problems were tackled swiftly and sympathetically and every effort has been made to overcome staff shortages. New measures are now in place to ensure more consistency. The resident's move to a larger room in May has been very beneficial and every effort is made to accommodate his wishes. Activities are varied and plentiful. The care and concern shown by staff is amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Kew House? Extremely LIKELY

My 92 year old mothers physical and mental health and general well being has markedly improved since becoming a resident of Kew House. The regime of activities has stimulated her in a positive way and she is beginning to settle. The staff are generally warm and quite aware of mums condition.

Kew house has provided excellent care over the last two years for my father and mother in law. During this time regular meetings have kept relations updated about alteration work or staffing improvements while giving an opportunity to raise any issues. The additional support mother in law would require to cope with her dementia was introduced gently. As it became clear dad's physical mobility was decreasing and that he too was suffering from dementia, the staff offered physio and sympathetically corrected his misunderstandings. Sadly Dad died in hospital and the careful management and patience by all the staff in supporting Mum emotionally was very impressive. Further, Kew House, extended every care and consideration towards the family at this time.

Dreading on of the most difficult times in my life, I came to Kew House for his last few weeks, my daughter and I planned to spend sometime with Fred and then look for accommodation for myself (my house is in Spain), to our surprise I was I was immediately offered a room so that I could be with my brother - the tears came and wouldn't stop, I cannot describe how I felt, a huge burden had been lifted of my shoulders, that was just the beginning ,what followed was truly amazing.
A wonderful barbecue, followed by an afternoon of music, dancing, singing, most importantly the staff and the carers I felt surrounded by love. To see the ladies having beauty treatments, hair, nails, make up etc, flower arranging, cookery .Most importantly "Animation" some of the residents are in their late nineties.
It's getting to the end of my brothers life now, I know he wants to die, I am so glad that my daughter and two actresses (friends of my brother) chose Kew House - No doom and gloom here. Just friendliness, care and love. I couldn't ask for more!!

How likely would you be to recommend Kew House? Extremely LIKELY

We are all so relieved and reassured with the care that dad, and we receive!

A concern: the number of bank or agency staff and therefore their knowledge of individual residents particular "quirks"!

How likely would you be to recommend Kew House? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has been a long term resident at Kew House for almost five years. In general her care has been good although there have been several periods in relation to several changes within the management team, during this time the care staff have provided a good level of care. The management team has been more consistent in recent months and there is more support for the care team who treat my mother with sensitivity and compassion. The team try and ensure a range of activities with the clients which give variety to the day although my mother is less able to participate. The support on reception and housekeeping compliment the team. The atmosphere is very welcome.

I have been so impressed with the staff and quality of care at Kew House. My father moved there nearly 3 months ago. The staff are cheerful, patient and caring. The food is excellent and my father is always saying how good it is. They have stimulating activities and a lot of laughter. The cafe bistro as you enter is bright and colourful with small tables, so there is always cheerful chatter, people coming and going and you don't get the "sitting round in a lounge with silence" effect that I often see in other care homes. Staff join in the activities to assist residents and there is usually quite a bit of banter and laughter. Nurses and carers look after the residents in a professional and gentle way and are a delight to watch. I am involved with residents in 5 other care homes in Wimbledon and the care at Kew House exceeds all of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Kew House? Extremely LIKELY

I don't have a large room, but it is perfectly adequate and quiet for me. I am very comfortable. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, co-operating if there is any extra, such as a bit of shopping that I need. I am fortunate in having found friends here, and having a lot of visitors as I have lived in Wimbledon for 60 years. The food is very acceptable, naturally I prefer some meals to others, but they will always find something for me if the choice is difficult as I am lactose intolerant. I like the exercise classes provided.

Can recommend unreservedly.

The home has a lovely atmosphere. The staff are kind and helpful. Rooms are cleared daily. The food is very good and there is a range of activities. The idea of a bistro area where residents can read the papers have a coffee and socialise with friends and the residents is great.

My mother has been a resident in Kew House for just over a year. She has just reached 101 and she is quite contented. The carers are all young and polite and show genuine affection for all the residents. Food varies, but has improved in recent months. As I am with my mum nearly every day I keep an eye on daily events and eventualities.

Staff at Kew House have done their utmost to care for my mum. They have been unfailingly kind and have treated mum with dignity and respect at all times. Staff have also provided me with support, help and kindness over the past year. I recommend the home highly.

I would recommend Kew House to any disabled person, especially those with intellectual capacity to follow the many activities and group discussions arranged by the most patient and interesting staff.

We are very happy with the staff, the facilities are extremely well run and staff are very caring. Thank you Jim, Claire, Suzanne, Su, Gareth, Rasheed, Sylvie and the team.

My wife Elizabeth has advanced Alzheimers. I looked after her at home as long as I could but it became cleat that she would have to move into full time care despite the fact that she is only 57, she has now been in Kew House for five months. I cannot speak highly enough of the facilities, the staff and importantly the range of activities on offer for the residents. Elizabeth's condition continues to deteriorate but she is looking more settled and content than she was for some months before leaving home.

Very good, caring staff and great facilities. Something on every day. Warm reception staff and fantastic coffee area.

I think it is 100 per cent. Food great. Staff work so hard and are excellent. Love the coffee area.

A very caring environment where care is delivered to a very high standard. The entire staff, whatever their individual roles and responsibilities, are trained to interact with residents at all times. My wife was admitted as a high needs dementia patient; staff at Kew House successfully managed her challenging behaviour so that she settled in, in just 4 weeks.
She now feels secure in the environment she feels is her home. The quality of the building and facilities provide comfort and dignity to patients.

My mother, aged 106, has been in Kew House for just over two months, having been living in a sheltered flat. It has been a difficult and stressful settling in period during which we have had tremendous support and understanding from the manager and his team. The carers have been unfailingly kind and patient.
My mother likes her room which is large and she has been able to bring some furniture, china, and pictures from home. She is very comfortable and well looked after in extremely pleasant surroundings. She is now happily settled.

I hesitate to recommend the home at the moment as there are serious staff shortages and the service for residents has gone down in the last few months. A well attended meeting in the home last night pinpointed these issues and we are losing the current manager who has only been at the home for a few months. I can however strongly recommend the location, facilities and cleanliness of the home, and the politeness of reception staff and unlimited, unfettered access for relatives.

Submit a Review for Kew House

Pinders Healthcare Design Award Finalist

Recipient: Kew House

Date: Tuesday 08 Nov 2011

Kitchen Assistant

7.30 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary / Cover)
London

Yetty

Yetty Adepegba

Joined: 2015

I’m the General Manager at Kew House and have over 21 years’ experience in the care industry while also working to earn my Dementia Mapping qualification. I love my job and wake up every morning knowing I can make a positive difference to someone’s life. Our exceptional care, state-of-the-art beautiful surroundings, interesting residents with beautiful stories and amazing team make our home extra special.

There are no performances entered yet by Residents or Staff