Handford House, Ipswich, Suffolk
Handford House
Handford House

Handford House employs a skilled team who are able to practice their skills to potential within a purpose-built environment.

Care workers are experienced in the challenges of nursing dementia care, while the environment is also ideal for clients with physical frailty.

The aim is for all residents to live a full and enjoyable life, while having any health or well-being concerns safeguarded. Additions to help with mobility include electric profiling beds and specialist bathing.

Group: Life Style Care plc

Person in charge: Kay Farrell (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Latest CQC* Report on Handford House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Handford House

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Handford House

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.1 for Handford House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Handford House

My father suffered from Chronic Renal Faliure and had become immobile after being very poorly in Hospital in Oct 2011. It was decided that due to the medical input he would need, that it would be advisable for him to be placed into a care home in March 2012. My family and I were very worried about this decision, I myself come from and work in a nursing environment, so I felt awful about making this decision as prior to this my father was totally independent. We started looking around at Care homes then we came to see Handford House which was only 5 mins away by car from where I live. I had never heard of this place and was surpised where it was situated. But as soon as we entered the home I knew in my heart my father would love the place. The staff were extremely welcoming friendly lots of smiling faces. The residents looked relaxed and happy. Having worked in Care homes my expectation of Care homes were quite low. But Handford House was an exception to the rule. My Father settled in very well he started eating again and was slowly putting on weight again. It followed that I actually knew the Clinical RN in charge which was nice to know. The atmosphere there is like "home from home" the carers were gentle, kind and would go out of their way to do anything they could for my father or my family. My father had 8 wonderful months there. Unfortunately my father passed away on 25th Nov 2012 due to end stage Renal Failure. I was so grateful that we were able to get my father transferred from the Hospital back to Handford House, the care and support they gave to my father and to all his family members was brilliant my father passed with dignity and love from the carers I could not have asked for more. The care the gave to us as a family was wonderful. I wished that all other Care homes could be like Handford House the bar is set very high. I have continued to visit the Handford house the residents were kind to my father and we enjoy visiting them and the staff.

Submitted by Collis Smith (Daughter of resident) on Sunday 30 December 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Handford House

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Handford House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Handford House