Tallis House, Waltham Abbey, Essex

Opened in December 2009, Tallis House, a modern purpose built home, has en-suite in every room and flat screen TVs with integral DVD as standard.

The home is closely linked with the local School and Church. The home was named after Thomas Tallis, the 16th Century composer who lived at the Abbey, following a competition at the School Fete.

Outside there are sculptured water features and a giant chess set ready for the challenge.

Group: Runwood Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Lennie Terrado (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 101 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Tallis House: click here

posted 11 May 2015

Residential and Dementia - please contact home for more details

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.1 for Tallis House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Tallis House

Excellent service of care home, staff outstanding, nothing is too much trouble. Very clean, excellent food but most of all the level of care given to all relatives and the patients, staff not just doing their jobs they have caring natures and it shows.

Tallis House

Lovely care home with very friendly staff, great activities, mum loves her singing and dancing. An excellent café for relatives to come into with their parents, lovely decorated in an old style, great for dementia.

Tallis House

Manager came to visit my dad at home first to do an assessment to discover his needs, medical care and like and dislikes. She was very friendly, professional and put my dad at ease straight away. I felt very comfortable and happy that my father would be looked after properly and would have no hesitation in recommending Tallis House to other worried or concerned family members. The staff were always friendly polite and helpful. I felt that they all made an effort and went out of their way to get to know my father. Thank you.

Tallis House

Tallis House staff were exceptional in the care they provided for my grandmother in her final years. They were dedicated and professional and always made us welcome, especially on special occasions such as when our relatives visited from overseas and they provided catering for the event. In particular, Jackie must be mentioned as she embraced my grandmother and always sought to ensure she was happy and comfortable. All the staff, including the home manager were very attentive and we felt happy knowing they looked after my grandmother so well.

Tallis House

- The home is always spotlessly clean. - The staff are friendly and caring. - There is a lovely homely feeling in the communal areas. - Ther3e is a safe and secure environment with appropriate supervision. - Residents are able to use all areas and are not made to stay in their rooms.

Tallis House

My parents have been resident in Tallis House for over a year now. I have always found the staff easy to approach and always willing to do more than their job entails. They react quickly to medical emergencies and they are always looking for ways to improve the care and the services they provide.

Tallis House

I STILL GO TO TALLIS HOUSE TO SEE A SPECIAL LADY CALLED DOROTHY.I BECAME FRIENDLY WITH HER WHEN DAD WAS ALIVE, SHE IS SUCH A WONDERFUL LADY. AT 93 YEARS OF AGE IT IS LIKE TALKING TO A 50 YEAR OLD. AT FIRST I FOUND THIS VERY HARD GOING TO SEE HER BECAUSE SHE IS IN THE ROOM OPPOSITE TO WHERE MY DAD WAS. BUT I HAVE MADE A TRUE FRIEND AND MADE A SPECIAL LADY VERY HAPPY.

Tallis House

Tallis House provides excellent facilities in all departments of care and I would recommend to anyone needing a home for Dementia patients and others needing full time care.

Tallis House

My mother has been in Tallis House for almost a year. Moving her there has turned a situation which was stressful for all of us into one where we see mum happy and content in her environment. She has settled really well and seems happier now than in her own home. the staff are amazing, nothing is too much trouble, they manage to do things for mum that we were really struggling with especially getting her to eat. Happy customers.

Tallis House

My mother-in-law has sever Alzheimer's disease and is now virtually blind. She has been looked after by the Tallis House team for a year now. It is a testament to the outstanding care and support both she and we have received since she has been here, that not only is she still alive, but also thriving as far as her condition allows. We are very grateful for the peace of mind and extra time with mum that Tallis House has given us.

Tallis House

Next of kin two Derkick Cockells he lives here and is very happy and we are very pleased for him.

Tallis House

My brother got me here and they made me welcome. It was all clean and my room is nice. The manager is so helpful and if you have some trouble she will help you. She is always smiling. If you have your door open the carers come by to see if you are all right, if not they will come and see you later on and if they have time will talk to you and cheer you up. It is so clean and so happy here. Also the room is nice, which I like. I could not wish to be anywhere else, sometimes you have to wait your turn.

Tallis House

Tallis House is a well run and well managed residential home. The standard of cleanliness are exemplary and the food well cooked, appetizing and varied. Residents can enjoy activities if they wish to partake and are taken on outings in the summer. If a resident falls ill they are dealt with immediately - a doctor called if necessary. The care workers are wonderful and patient with the residents and I wouldn't wish my mother to be anywhere else. I know that after visiting her everyday she is content and very well cared for and would not hesitate to recommend Tallis House to anyone looking for res.care.

Tallis House

To date my mum has been a resident at Tallis House for two and a half years. They provide a clean,safe environment in which for her to live. The managers and carers work hard to provide quality care where she is treated with kindness,respect and dignity, although not medically qualified, the staff en-devour to accommodate and support her limited mobility and medical needs. My mum is very happy at Tallis House, this gives me peace of mind that she is cared for 24 hours a day within a kind, safe environment to live out her senior years

Tallis House

Resident is very happy and contented.

Tallis House

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Home is clean and well maintained. Very cheerful interior and gardens well looked after.

Tallis House

Since my mother Joyce K has been here for 18 months, from day one at intake the care by all members of staff has been exemplary. We always extol the merits of Tallis House to all our friends and family and recommend to anyone the standards of care here. Yolanda mums senior we often speak to has always been so helpful and kind to our mum. Theses comments come from both my wife who has known Joyce from 9 years old and myself.

Tallis House

A very supportive and caring group of staff to both residents and family. It is very reassuring to know that my mother is so well cared for and comfortable and happy in her surroundings.

Tallis House

Asked to fill in recommendation form by a member of management when I was on one of my visits to Tallis House to visit my sister Gwendolyne B.

Tallis House

Staff are 5*. My aunt has been there for 14 weeks and settled in very quickly. She loves her room and is happy just to sit and watch her birds feed outside. Nellie is on the first floor and that makes her feel safe and secure. She loves the staff. I sometimes feel that the staff need an extra pair of hands. Maybe 1 more member of staff would ease the load.

Submit a Recommendation for Tallis House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Tallis House

There are no jobs posted yet for Tallis House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Tallis House