Highgrove, Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Highgrove care home comes from the Crown Care Group portfolio, offering a modern and efficient care environment to members of the Barnsley community.

As well as being a professional care environment, with a service kept up-to-date with current regulatory requirements, Highgrove offers a range of services and activities to enable elderly service users to achieve a pleasing lifestyle.

The home provides traditional home cooking and care packages include any dietary and medication needs required to keep residents comfortable.

Group: Crown Care I LLP

Person in charge: Samantha Readman (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 67 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Highgrove: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.8 for Highgrove) is based on 7 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Highgrove

Mum has lived at Highgrove for the last 4 and half years. She is well looked after by caring staff - cleaners, laundry, care staff and nurses treat her with dignity. If I have had any concerns over the years these have been addressed straight away. The gardens are kept lovely for the residents enjoyment in good weather. Bedrooms are cleaned daily and the communal areas are lovely and inviting. Staff interact with residents; meeting their care needs all the time. I feel at ease knowing my mum is well cared for and if anything was to happen to her they will contact me straight away. I am always consulted if changes are required.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgrove? Extremely likely

Highgrove

Mum was placed in the dementia care unit at Highgrove in march 2015. Staff were supportive, friendly and always welcoming. Mum was taken into hospital and then returned to Highgrove on an end of life care plan. We cannot praise the staff highly enough - not only for the care for my but their care for us as a whole family. Nothing is too much trouble and mum is always treated with respect and care.

Highgrove

My mum was with Highgrove carehome from May 2014 til November 2014. Her care was fantastic the whole time she was with the home, the staff couldn't have been more caring and always gave my mum the care she deserved in her final months treating her with respect and dignity. The staff treated my family with respect and always made us feel welcome. The manager of the home made a point of visiting every client and saying good morning and making sure they were ok. The care my mum received in her final hours could not have been any nicer and the respect they showed to us as a family was immensely supportive. I would recommend this home if you are wanting a caring community for your family member.

How likely would you be to recommend Highgrove? Extremely likely

Highgrove

I have absolutely nothing but gratitude and praise for this care home. My mum stayed for respite while I went on holiday and was taken at very short notice, after the home I had originally booked was found to be totally unsuitable for her. The care she received was first class, the staff were wonderful caring people who treated mum with respect and dignity, and I can't thank them enough for their help and care for both me and mum.

Highgrove

Personally it does not feel like a residential home it feels like a home for people who need care. Very comfortable and homely. The staff who I have dealt with do care. They also care for the family too. The staff and management do go the extra mile if needed. Having to place a loved one in care is massive to all concerned and the staff love me every staff of the way.

Highgrove

After viewing several care homes in the areas in and around Barnsley I am so glad I chose Highgrove. I cannot fault the home and the exceptional staff nothing was too much trouble for them they went above and beyond when it came to the care of our mum (Mary). Compassion, dignity even love. I would recommend Highgrove to anyone without hesitation. Highgrove is a credit to Crown Care Group. A very big thank you to everyone involved there for giving my Mary that extra mile towards her last days keep up the fantastic work.

Highgrove

I would recommend this care home to everybody, the managers and staff all very friendly and kind, can't do enough for you. The love and support they give shows what caring is all about. I couldn't thank them enough for looking after my father as he is nearing end of life.

Submit a Review for Highgrove

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Highgrove

There are no jobs posted yet for Highgrove

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Highgrove