Group: Excelcare Holdings

Person in charge: Sue Ann Balcombe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 92 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single from £950

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents

Latest CQC* Report on Sherrell House: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Sherrell House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Sherrell House

Sherrell House is a very well run care home, its staff at ll levels from reception to management an nursing/carers are very helpful and caring. The home is very clean and tidy, with good back up services. The outside area's and gardens are well kept and maintained to a good standard. Feed back from the staff and carers is to a high standard. My cousin (resident at Sherrill House) is very happy and satisfied with her arrangements.

Sherrell House

I would recommend Sherrell House to anyone, or their family, searching for a care home. The warmth and friendliness in the home is second to none. I am able to visit my friend daily, and I am always made welcome and included in all his activities with the friends he has made in Sherrell. There is a lot of laughter and love everywhere.

Sherrell House

Very nice here. My television was not working for some time, but Karlie arranged to have it fixed for me, it was boring without my television, but I was reassured by the staff and one activity staff caught me up on what I had missed in Eastenders.

Sherrell House

A very pleasant stay. Good food. Staff are very helpful & understanding.

Sherrell House

Staff at this care home are friendly and welcoming. They show care not just to residents but also to visitors. They offer you drinks and ensure that you are aware of what is going on in the home at all times. They make my relative feel comfortable and safe. There isn't too much to ask any staff whether domestic or carer.

How likely would you be to recommend Sherrell House? Extremely likely

Sherrell House

I enjoy living at Sherrel House and I enjoy the atmosphere and the staff, they are all very helpful and friendly and would try their best to meet your needs. I only have one thing to share is that the staff need to check for chips and cracks in the crockery.

Sherrell House

We were recommended to Sherrell House by Social services and even on looking around the local area we found Sherrell House to be the best home and we are well pleased with the services being offered. We are so pleased that we found Sherrell House

Sherrell House

I feel the care being provided is good at Sherrell House, I am happy with the facilities on offer and the room and the presentation of the home and the units. I would like to see better choices for residents who are vegetarians.

Sherrell House

The peace of mind it gives the family to know my mother is very well looked after and the activities and effort provided by the staff is priceless. I am so pleased with the care being provided to my mother and the love of the staff shown.

Sherrell House

My wife Joan is settled and very happy with the care being given at Sherrell House. She is currently living on Sycamore Unit which is a High Dependence Dementia Unit. The staff are friendly and show compassion when caring for my wife.

Sherrell House

My father has been a resident for a few weeks after being moved from another home which was unsatisfactory. The staff here are really good, friendly, attentive and caring. The home is welcoming and the management is very approachable and know what they are doing. I would highly recommend them both for elder care and dementia care.

Sherrell House

The overall standards in this home is excellent, providing comfortable environment and happy environment for all the residents living here. My relative Audrey Keep is living on the Dementia Nursing Unit.

Sherrell House

I come to visit a friend Victor Cannon, this home is very, very nice. The staff are very kind and helpful. It is very clean, tidy and pleasant. The atmophere is happy and the residents appear content. All in all the home is Excellent!!!

Sherrell House

My husband has been a residential resident in this home for almost 3 years and the overall care and attention for excellence is 100% without a doubt. I am delighted with the compassion and empathy of the staff especially on my husband's floor - Sycamore Unit. The head staff and carers on this floor are the kindest of people and I couldn't wish for better carers to look after my husband. He has been quite content and happy as can be as a dementia sufferer. Top marks for Sherrell house please!!!!

Sherrell House

Michael is very happy with the care he gets and so am I. Michael has been at Sherrell House since February 2013 and is on the Dementia Nursing Unit called Hazel and I am very pleased with the way the staff manage his care needs.

Sherrell House

Good care and everything is ok with the care being provided. I feel that the staff support the residents to living a fulfilled life. Everything is ok at the home and I am really happy with the care being provided to my father.

Submit a Recommendation for Sherrell House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sherrell House

There are no jobs posted yet for Sherrell House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sherrell House