Oak Lodge Care Home

Freemantle Common Road, Bitterne, Southampton SO19 7NG

Oak Lodge Care Home, Southampton, Hampshire

Oak Lodge provides individualised nursing care for short or long term stays within a safe and homely environment.

Oak Lodge is a purpose built care home situated within a quiet residential area of Bitterne. The home offers comfortable accommodation surrounded by large landscaped gardens. All rooms have ensuite facilities and a 24 hour call system.

The home discusses with each resident their food preferences, in order to ensure everyone’s dietary tastes are catered for.

The team regularly organise outings and trips to ensure the care home has strong links within the community. Themed events are planned every month which residents are encouraged to invite family and friends along to.

Person in charge: Suzanne Brown (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 71 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Oak Lodge Care Home: click here

Review Score: 9 (9.023)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Oak Lodge Care Home is based on 18 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.023 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.516 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.507 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.023 for Oak Lodge Care Home is based on 18 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.516 for Oak Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (120 Excellents x 5) + (84 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 213 Ratings = 4.516

The Quantity Score of 4.507 for Oak Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

I am writing this on behalf of my husband who is a resident. He has been here for a month only. Up to now we, his family, and me, are very satisfied with most aspects of the home. His room is bright and clean. There is only one thing that should be moved, its the table by his bed, has seen better days.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Likely

It was a very difficult decision to support mums move into a home but, Oak Lodge made it a very smooth transition. Mum is getting better care here in a week than the last six months in the community.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mum has been at the home for a year today. It's a lovely home, the staff are amazing. Some even went above call of duty for my wedding in July. As the mother of the bride the staff made sure she had her hair done and make up.
I'm able to bring my one year old son to visit his Nana and have left toys in her room for him to play at each visits.
It was a very hard to look for homes for our lovely mum, but as soon as we saw this one we loved it, it was home.
Amazing place and importantly mum is happy and safe.

The food is amazing, so much so that even my son is keen to eat it (I swear he hates my cooking).

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum will have been with Oak Lodge a year tomorrow and I haven't yet visited and not seen a smile on her face. To know that she is so content is a huge blessing, she is well looked after, treated with the utmost care and I truly feel that she is safe. What more could a child want for their Mum. Making the decision and then choosing a home is one of the hardest decisions I've ever had to make, yet I know that with our choice of Oak Lodge that we found her, her new forever home. The moment we walked in we knew it was the one and Mum has certainly proved this to be the case. I have nothing but praise for the staff, having been a carer for umpteen years I know what's needed to be helpful, happy and caring on a daily basis and they all do it with a smile, each and every one of them. They go above and beyond and it's definitely appreciated by my family and I.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall I am happy with the level of care my mother has received in this care home. The staff are friendly and the property is well maintained. I know of a few staffing issues that they have had and I am also aware of a few members of staff being dismissed because of patient mistreatment. However, I am happy that this has occurred as it shows the home won't stand for the type of behaviour and that is reassuring to know. I like the continuity of care my mother receives and all the ladies I have got to know and respect.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Likely

Being very impressed with this nursing home. My wife was brought into this nursing home October 7th after suffering with dementia for 3 and a half years followed by a stroke on August 3rd. She is settling in now which has relieved me of a lot of pressure and tension. I am very pleased with every aspect of this nursing home.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Room - Clothes are squashed in drawers not tidied, walls a bit scruffy.
Activities - Not here often enough to know about regular activities therefore satisfactory review.
Value for money - Like most care homes as she is self funded we find this expensive.

Overall - happy with the majority of things and would recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

JW, Marketing Executive at Oak Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 12 Nov 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

Oak Lodge is very good and does a great job looking after my mother. The staff are very friendly and work very hard. I do enjoy coming in to visit. If I do have any problems, there is always someone to talk to and get it sorted out. Lovely place.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My husband has been at Oak Lodge since March 2010, in that time he has been wonderfully looked after and treated as their own by all the staff. They do over and above with respectful treatment of family who visit. My thanks always to them in difficult situations.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff have been very kind to my mentally handicapped brother and he has been very happy here. We are so lucky.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Overall care etc. very satisfactory.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been very happy and contented here. The carers and indeed all the staff have been excellent and there is a good rapport between them.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Have been really impressed with all aspects of this home from staff to facilities, room and care.

How likely would you be to recommend Oak Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Generally the level of care is very good but as my mother is bed bound she does not get taken out of her room to interact with other residents in the lounge and does not participate in activities which are based in the communal lounges. Bed bound residents are isolated in their rooms.

JW, ME at Oak Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 12 Nov 2015:

The standard of care is good.

Completely satisfied in every respect.

I am very pleased with the home and happy that my mother is there. It is important to remember 'the crew make the ship' and not the other way around! Thank you.

I cannot praise the staff of this home highly enough. They go out of their way to make my mother's life as happy and as carefree as possible. They anticipate her every need and treat her with genuine kindness and respect.

Submit a Review for Oak Lodge Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Oak Lodge Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Oak Lodge Care Home