Group: Hafod Care Association

Person in charge: Tania Martin (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Caerphilly County Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 75 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Facilities & Services: Separate EMI Unit • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care & Social Services Inspectorate* Report on Ty Penrhos : click here

* Care & Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW) is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in Wales.

The user 'Review Score' (8.3 for Ty Penrhos) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Ty Penrhos

My father was a resident of Ty Penrhos for six months. I cannot praise the standard of care he received enough. The staff were kind, well trained, respectful and gave my father a great quality of life. He spent his last days in the nursing unit (Harloch) and again received magnificent care. We had so much support from the staff at a very difficult time for us. This place is the epitome of how a good care and nursing home should be.

Ty Penrhos

The staff have been kind and caring to my aunt. I am very pleased with the care given.

Ty Penrhos

Very nice, modern care home where my Mum, who suffers from dementia, feels safe and is well looked after. Rooms are very spacious and have en-suite facilities; main lounge/dining area is bright and airy and staff are all very friendly & caring. A good variety of activities take place each week. I am very happy with the care that Mum receives and I always look forward to visiting her.

Ty Penrhos

I was very unsure about my mother going into care as she made it very clear that she wanted to stay in her own home, but as mum's dementia worsened it was obvious that she was unsafe living in her own. Aged 92 years mum moved into Ty Penrhos 4 months ago and will admit that she has all that she needs and feels completely safe and well cared for. It is better for us all knowing that mum is safe and well.

Submit a Review for Ty Penrhos