Valley View, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Valley View
Valley View

Valley View is a privately run home, we have over 25 years experience in the care home sector.

Staff strive to make Valley View a Home from Home for all residents.

The home was purpose built in 2010 and is equipped with the latest specialist bathing and patient handling equipment.

All meals here at Valley View are freshly prepared in house from local produce are served either in the dining room or in the clients room if they prefer. A varied menu offers a choice of dishes, many being old favorites such as sausage and liver casserole, beef and onion pie, braised steak in gravy.

Whilst the building looks large from the outside it is divided internally into small living units (suites) each suite has its own lounge, quiet lounge, dining room and bathrooms thus creating a more homely feel.

There are kitchenettes in three dining rooms where residents and visitors can get tea coffee and snacks if they wish.

Group: Rex Develop Ltd

Person in charge: Matthew Ross (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kirklees Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 59 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Admission Information: Post assessment. Ages from 65 to 120.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Valley View: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Valley View

February 2014

May 2012

5 Star Hygiene Certificate

Date: Friday 11 May 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Valley View) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Valley View on Tuesday 28 January 2014 by Tracy B (Granddaughter of resident)

In the three months my grandmother has been a resident at Valley View, I have found the level of care to be 10/10. All of the staff have a wonderful kind and caring manner towards all residents. It is a very efficiently run care home and any queries are answered informatively and promptly. My grandma has enjoyed every meal she has had, is very comfortable in her bedroom and communal rooms. All her daily needs are met fully and I have no hesitation in recommending Valley View.

Review of Valley View on Wednesday 22 January 2014 by Tracy Baskerville (Grandaughter of Resident)

In the 3 months my grandmother has been a resident of Valley View, I have found the level of care to be 10/10. All of the staff have a wonderful kind and caring manner to all residents. It is a very efficiently run care home and any queries are answered informatively and promptly. My grandma has enjoyed every meal she has had, is very comfortable in her bedroom and communal rooms. All her daily needs are met fully and I have no hesitation in recommending 'Valley View'.

Review of Valley View on Monday 13 January 2014 by Maureen S (Daughter of resident)

I find Valley View a very caring place, the cleanliness is excellent. After viewing countless Care Homes for my mother Valley View ticked all the boxes for me. All the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. My mother has settled in really well and is very happy here. I highly recommend Valley View.

Review of Valley View on Friday 10 January 2014 by Sue Smith (Niece of Resident)

My aunt has been a resident for the past three years and she is very happy here. The staff are very kind and helpful, any problems that arise are dealt with very efficiently by the management and his staff.

Review of Valley View on Tuesday 7 January 2014 by Maureen Sanderson (Daughter of Resident)

I find Valley View a very caring place the cleanliness is excellent. After viewing countless care homes for my mother Valley View ticked all the boxes for me. All the staff are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. My mother has settled in really well and is very happy here. I highly recommend Valley View.

Review of Valley View on Thursday 19 September 2013 by Robin Chilton (Son of resident)

My father is much happier than when he was living independently. Each of the four floors has its own residents' lounge where he can choose to spend as much or as little time as he wishes. The accommodation is of a good and modern standard, and his day to day care and health needs are very well catered for. Cleanliness is obviously a high priority for the management as on every visit I see people working hard at various cleaning tasks. The staff are extremely caring and always have a word with the residents and their visitors. I wholeheartedly recommend Valley View.

Review of Valley View on Monday 16 September 2013 by Kathleen E (Resident)

The home is a lovely place to live. Staff are great. I feel very secure and looked after.

Review of Valley View on Monday 13 May 2013 by Ronald S (Son)

My mother is 105 years old, with an active mind but her body is struggling, legs, eye sight and hearing. The staff are very nice with her and really do take care of her. The home is about 3 years old, my mother being their first customer. It is clean, modern and I enjoy visiting. I travel approx 50 miles and I'm told to help myself to cup of tea. I was happy to find this home that was after looking at two other homes.

Review of Valley View on Friday 30 November 2012 by Denise E (Daughter of Resident)

Mum has been a resident at the home for two years. We could not be happier with the care she has received. We feel she is among friends. We have no complaints.

Review of Valley View on Friday 23 November 2012 by Lynda Dawson (Daughter of resident)

My mum (The late Margaret Armitage) was a resident at Valley View in 2012, the best decision we ever made for our mum who had Dementia. She was treated with dignity, and the care she was given by everyone, from carers to kitchen staff, domestics, and Management was comforting for both my mum and her family. I personally would recommend Valley View to anyone who was looking for peace of mind when their loved ones in the latter stages of their lives are unable to care for themselves. Angels on Earth are the words that I would call them as they go above and beyond your expectations. I could never thank them enough for everything they did for my precious Mum and her family, they became and felt like an extended family.

Review of Valley View on Monday 15 October 2012 by Brian M (Son of resident)

Care for my mum is excellent. They always keep in contact if anything is needed. Staff are competent and caring. The home is well kept and clean. The staff always go that extra mile.

Review of Valley View on Friday 12 October 2012 by Deborah Keenan (Daughter of Resident)

I would like to recommend Valley View because it got bad press and in my opinion the report was totally the opposite of what I see every day. Valley View is a lovely place for my mum to spend her elderly years, she could not be looked after any better in a 5* hotel, it is excellent in all departments.

Review of Valley View on Monday 17 September 2012 by Linda R (Daughter of Resident)

Putting our mother in a care home was a difficult decision to make. When we arranged to visit one or two, we were (my sister and I) very disappointed. However, when we chose to visit Valley View, we were absolutely delighted and thought ourselves very lucky to have a room for Mum there. We have peace of mind and a settled mother to visit in a delightful setting. The staff are exceptional and nothing is too much trouble. Very highly recommended!

Review of Valley View on Wednesday 12 September 2012 by Alan Sutcliffe (Son of Resident)

Never has there been a case for the welfare of old people been more high profile than at present. These people have served our country through some very difficult times and they now need all the help and care, together with dignity. At Valley View they go a long way to meeting these requirements. If every care home went to the lengths they do to meet those requirements, the residents could spend their last days full of dignity and happiness. I would recommend valley View 'yes' in capital letters.

Review of Valley View on Monday 10 September 2012 by Simon E (Son of Resident)

To help other people make an informed decision about care, they looked after my Dad brilliantly and I would highly recommend all the team at Valley View.

Review of Valley View on Friday 7 September 2012 by Barry G (Son of Resident)

My 100 year old mother is extremely well looked after, considering her recent problems. The staff are well trained and attentive. Day to day problems are coped with well, if a little slow sometimes. Being bedridden, food intake is occasionally difficult, but the staff try very hard to alleviate this problem.

Submit a Recommendation for Valley View

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Valley View and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Senior care assistant DAYS FULL TIME

Please ask

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Care assistant

Please ask

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Senior care assistant (Bank) Days and Nights

Please ask

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

29 Aug 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Valley View