Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

2 Fairviews, Holland Road, Hurst Green, Oxted RH8 9BD

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home, Oxted, Surrey

Windmill Manor makes the most of pleasant grounds and a versatile interior to provide top quality nursing and residential care, with professionals available round-the-clock and also skilled in care and support for physical disabilities and dementia.

A committed team work hard to ensure that all provision is tailored to the individual, while allowing them to make the most of a relaxed and homely atmosphere.

All staff are carefully chosen and well-qualified to achieve the best standards, with the company philosophy focusing on an attentive service that also supports an active lifestyle. Personal interests are encouraged and there is much to enjoy within the life of the home.

The aim is to meet all residents’ needs over the long-term, living up to a reputation for quality that Barchester homes have earned.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Eaton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

We have our own private parking on site.

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home: click here

posted 18 Jan 2017

We currently have limited availability. Please contact us to discuss your needs further, we would love to welcome you for a visit.

8.4 Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.445)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.362 for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (18 Excellents x 5) + (28 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 47 Ratings = 4.362

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.083 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered beds ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.333

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

• Partner of Resident/Service User
  • Volunteer

Staff are friendly, welcoming and helpful so there is a lovely atmosphere at Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home. We're always looked after when we visit and my partner is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home? Likely

I am impressed by the care given to residents by all the staff. The home is kept clean and warm and welcoming. Meals are prepared attentively.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home? Extremely Likely

Home is good. Have been involved for nearly 5 years (previously next of kin to a family friend). Carers and nurses are excellent and always work extremely hard. Food very good, all homemade. Coffee lounge is a very good place to bring the relatives away from the "floor".

My wife has been at Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home since February '16. Overall, the care has been good. Some staff are excellent. My wife has had medical problems and the have responded well with either the doctor being called or the ambulance called and she was in hospital with a chest infection. I like the way residents can express a likeness for certain foods. (My wife likes mushroom and eggs).

Submit a Review for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Joanne Eaton

Joined: 2014

I have been a nurse for 30 years and have worked in care home management for the last 4. I initially started with Barchester in 2011 as a deputy manager and then left for a while and then re-joined as GM at Windmill. I love my role and responsibilities and work closely with my team ensuring our residents receive high quality care. If you want to know more about Windmill Manor please come in and see me.

Jane

Jane Pagan

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2010

I have worked at Windmill Manor since we opened in 2010 and my job is to look after all the financial and HR administration for the home, along with the support of my Admin Team. My dog Jessie comes to work with me every day and is very popular with the residents. In my spare time I like to spend time away in my camper van, walking Jessie and being with my grandchildren.

Sam

Sam Burton

Job Title: Home Trainer

Joined: 2012

My job is to ensure all the staff at Windmill Manor are fully trained and up to date with all Legislitive and Mandatory Training as well as development courses such as NVQ's and Apprenticeships. As a young mum I work part time 2 days a week but I am currently on maternity leave having just had a new baby girl in February.

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Lehodey

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2012

As the Head Chef at Windmill manor I look after all the dietary and nutricianal needs of all our residents. Our aim is to provide a full and varied menu that everyone enjoys as the dining experience is very important to the general well being of our residents. When I am not at work I like to spend time with my children or travelling back to visit family in France.

Lynne

Lynne Gower

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 2011

I have been at Windmill as part of the housekeeping team since November 2011 and was promoted to Head Housekeeper in January 2013. My team are responsible for keeping the home lovely and clean and a pleasant place to live. When not at work I like to socialise with my friends and spend time with my children.

Karen

Karen Percival

Job Title: Activities Organiser

Joined: 2013

I have been working at Windmill since August 2013 and I put together varied and enjoyable activities for the residents to take part in. This will also include arranging outside entertainers, trips out on our minibus and "themed" days in the home. All our residents have different hobbies and interests which makes for a varied activities schedule. When away from work I spend lots of time looking after my grandson.

Sammy

Sammy the Cat

Job Title: Pet therapist

Joined: 2010

I originally came to Windmill with my owner, who is sadly no longer with me, but I love Windmill Manor so much I decided to stay. I very soon find the residents who are "cat people" and I spend time letting them stroke me or I can sometimes be seen snoozing on their beds. If you are visiting I am very friendly and liked to be stroked so please come and find me.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home