2 Fairviews, Holland Road, Hurst Green, Oxted RH8 9BD

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home, Oxted, Surrey

Windmill Manor makes the most of pleasant grounds and a versatile interior to provide top quality nursing and residential care, with professionals available round-the-clock and also skilled in care and support for physical disabilities and dementia.

A committed team work hard to ensure that all provision is tailored to the individual, while allowing them to make the most of a relaxed and homely atmosphere.

All staff are carefully chosen and well-qualified to achieve the best standards, with the company philosophy focusing on an attentive service that also supports an active lifestyle. Personal interests are encouraged and there is much to enjoy within the life of the home.

The aim is to meet all residents’ needs over the long-term, living up to a reputation for quality that Barchester homes have earned.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanne Eaton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home: click here

posted 11 Aug 2015

A purpose built nursing and care home. We currently have vacancies for residential and nursing dementia care. Please contact us to discuss your needs further. We would love to welcome you for a visit.

The user 'Review Score' (8.9 for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home) is based on 11 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Since being at Windmill Manor - a month now - mum has become "our mum again"! She is happy, contented, at ease, sleeping very well and eating properly. Mum was at her previous home for two and half year - we moved her due to the home failing the CQC inspection in ALL areas, and them not being resident focussed. Windmill's approach is resident orientated - not financially orientated!! Everyone cares and takes real pride in their work. It's a real family/community, with Complete transparency. The difference Windmill has made to mum and us, her family, is WONDERFUL!

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I come on a weekly basis to help with games and find the staff to be caring, helpful and friendly. There are plenty of activities to keep them occupied both in and trips out of the home.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I would recommend this home as it is a modern purpose-built building, the care is very good and the new management are bringing things up to a good standard again.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I would recommend this home, the staff are very good there are things to get involved with such as a quiz and games to keep the residents busy if they need to.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Very friendly, helpful staff, trustworthy. Reassured our mum is being well looked after.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

John is very well cared for, staff are very kind, efficient and compassionate. Knowing he is comfortable and so well looked after gives us great peace of mind. We would recommend Windmill Manor without hesitation.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I think the residents are looked after very well. The care home is kept very nice and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is nice for visitors to have a member of staff in the T.V lounge, sometimes residents do have a fall or wander off.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I would recommend this home for the care and attention paid to residents and family. The food could be better.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I feel comfortable here and like all the people who look after me. I love doing all the activities, listening to the singers and music. I really enjoyed our trip to the seaside at Eastbourne for the day. I can do whatever I want to do in my room and have all my things around me.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

We think Windmill Manor is a very good place to be in. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many activities if residents want them. We have seen nothing but care when we have visited. We enjoy visiting other residents.

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

My mother has dementia and went into Windmill Manor last September - it was a difficult decision. I need not have worried. My mum is so happy now - giving me smiles I hadn't seen for such a long time. Clare and her team give mum the best possible care. Not only is she looked after physically but she is mentally stimulated by being encouraged to join in the many activities on hand. Mum loves her room and is always telling me how wonderful the food is!

Submit a Review for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Care Assistant

£comp + free training + benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Oxted, Surrey

Joanne Eaton

Joined: 2014

I have been a nurse for 30 years and have worked in care home management for the last 4. I initially started with Barchester in 2011 as a deputy manager and then left for a while and then re-joined as GM at Windmill. I love my role and responsibilities and work closely with my team ensuring our residents receive high quality care. If you want to know more about Windmill Manor please come in and see me.

Jane

Jane Pagan

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2010

I have worked at Windmill Manor since we opened in 2010 and my job is to look after all the financial and HR administration for the home, along with the support of my Admin Team. My dog Jessie comes to work with me every day and is very popular with the residents. In my spare time I like to spend time away in my camper van, walking Jessie and being with my grandchildren.

Sam

Sam Burton

Job Title: Home Trainer

Joined: 2012

My job is to ensure all the staff at Windmill Manor are fully trained and up to date with all Legislitive and Mandatory Training as well as development courses such as NVQ's and Apprenticeships. As a young mum I work part time 2 days a week but I am currently on maternity leave having just had a new baby girl in February.

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Lehodey

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2012

As the Head Chef at Windmill manor I look after all the dietary and nutricianal needs of all our residents. Our aim is to provide a full and varied menu that everyone enjoys as the dining experience is very important to the general well being of our residents. When I am not at work I like to spend time with my children or travelling back to visit family in France.

Lynne

Lynne Gower

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 2011

I have been at Windmill as part of the housekeeping team since November 2011 and was promoted to Head Housekeeper in January 2013. My team are responsible for keeping the home lovely and clean and a pleasant place to live. When not at work I like to socialise with my friends and spend time with my children.

Karen

Karen Percival

Job Title: Activities Organiser

Joined: 2013

I have been working at Windmill since August 2013 and I put together varied and enjoyable activities for the residents to take part in. This will also include arranging outside entertainers, trips out on our minibus and "themed" days in the home. All our residents have different hobbies and interests which makes for a varied activities schedule. When away from work I spend lots of time looking after my grandson.

Sammy

Sammy the Cat

Job Title: Pet therapist

Joined: 2010

I originally came to Windmill with my owner, who is sadly no longer with me, but I love Windmill Manor so much I decided to stay. I very soon find the residents who are "cat people" and I spend time letting them stroke me or I can sometimes be seen snoozing on their beds. If you are visiting I am very friendly and liked to be stroked so please come and find me.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home