2 Fairviews, Holland Road, Hurst Green, Oxted RH8 9BD

Visit Website Email Phone Number Brochure Recommend Us Funding Advice

Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home, Oxted, Surrey
Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Windmill Manor is a purpose-built 60-bed dementia care home in Hurst Green, close to Oxted in Surrey which opened in November 2010. We provide personalised nursing & residential dementia care in Barchester's unique Memory Lane Communities. Our focus is very much on delivering person centred care, to enable residents to keep their normal daily routines as much as possible while maintaining their independence. Memory Lane Communities are specially designed for those living with a dementia using colour schemes that easily enable residents to identify areas within the home, yellow for dining areas for example. It also features life skills kitchens and a secure balcony & garden where residents can be involved in everyday activities such as baking, setting tables, folding washing and pottering. In addition to this we have a full time activities organiser who schedules our programme with meaningful activities that the residents enjoy and love to participate in. Not only does this include outside entertainers but quizzes, exercise classes and trips out to places of local interest using our own minibus. Windmill Manor is designed specifically with space in mind, including large lounge areas, a coffee lounge, hair salon and large courtyard garden. All bedrooms are en-suite with shower wet rooms and some of the ground floor bedrooms have doors leading out on to patio areas. Throughout the home there is a range of communal and dining facilities to suit people who enjoy socialising as well as those who prefer quieter activities.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Joanna Eaton (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

June 2013

Barchester Healthcare 2013

Date: Thursday 13 Jun 2013

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I would recommend this home for the care and attention paid to residents and family. The food could be better.

Submitted by Paul C (Resident / Service User) on Tuesday 14 October 2014.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I feel comfortable here and like all the people who look after me. I love doing all the activities, listening to the singers and music. I really enjoyed our trip to the seaside at Eastbourne for the day. I can do whatever I want to do in my room and have all my things around me.

Submitted by Ada S (Resident) on Thursday 28 August 2014.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

We think Windmill Manor is a very good place to be in. The staff are very friendly and helpful. There are many activities if residents want them. We have seen nothing but care when we have visited. We enjoy visiting other residents.

Submitted by Lionel & June Harrison (Son & daughterin law of resident) on Thursday 28 August 2014.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

My mother has dementia and went into Windmill Manor last September - it was a difficult decision. I need not have worried. My mum is so happy now - giving me smiles I hadn't seen for such a long time. Clare and her team give mum the best possible care. Not only is she looked after physically but she is mentally stimulated by being encouraged to join in the many activities on hand. Mum loves her room and is always telling me how wonderful the food is!

Submitted by Janet Thomas (daughter of resident) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Julia has been at Windmill Manor for a year. During the past year we have always been impressed with the exceptionally high standards across the board. Windmill Manor is purpose built and designed and maintained to a very high standard. it is spotlessly clean. The food is varied and nutritious, and beautifully presented. The staff are kind and dedicated and I would recommend Windmill Manor without hesitation.

Submitted by Robert M (Husband of Resident) on Tuesday 16 July 2013.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

I would recommend this care home to people as the quality of care is very good. all the staff are very caring and put the patient first. they respect the residents privacy. There is always entertainment if they wish to join in. i would recommend Windmill Manor to anyone.

Submitted by Elizabeth A (Friend of resident) on Friday 12 July 2013.

Review of Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

My father in law lives in Windmill Manor within the Dementia care residential floor called Memory Lane. Memory Lane is managed by Izabela and her team of care staff. The whole team are amazing they have transformed the quality of life for our Dad. He has an interesting and stimulating social life having the opportunity to attend varied social events both within the home and in the community. Dad has flourished physically and mentally. This home really delivers person centred care and I am able to measure the standard as I am a nurse of some 30 years+ experience! Windmill Manor is truly a Home and the staff particularly Izabela are outstanding.

Submitted by Sian Mitchell (Daughter in law of resident) on Tuesday 9 July 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home

Deputy Care Home Manager - Registered Nurse

£ competitive + free training / CPD

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

19 hours ago

Administrator

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

18 Dec 2014

Registered Nurse - RGN

£ competitive + free training / CPD

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

16 Dec 2014

Care assistant

£comp + free training + benefits

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

16 Dec 2014

Clare

Clare Gibson

Joined: 2011

I have worked within the care sector since February 2009 and have worked with Barchester since May 2011. I joined the team as General Manager at Windmill Manor in August 2012 having assisted with the opening of a new Barchester care home, Wadhurst Manor. I am responsible for the overall running of the home along with the rest of the team. It is very much my philosophy that Windmill Manor is our resident's home which we are privileged to be custodians of, we are here to make Windmill Manor a safe, warm and welcoming place to live.

When I'm not at the home I love spending time with my family and my Bernese Mountain Dog, Baxter.

Izabela

Izabela Klaczkiewicz

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2010

I assisted in opening Windmill Manor in 2010 and was promoted to Deputy Manager in July 2013. I have worked in Dementia care for 8 years and it is my passion to ensure that our residents are treated with compassion and dignity and to ensure our staff always see the person before the condition. I was humbled to win the Memory Lane Champion Award in the 2013 Barchester Card Awards and to also be a finalist in the National Dementia Care Awards in November 2013. When I am not at Windmill I enjoy being outdoors in the fresh air

Jane

Jane Pagan

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2010

I have worked at Windmill Manor since we opened in 2010 and my job is to look after all the financial and HR administration for the home, along with the support of my Admin Team. My dog Jessie comes to work with me every day and is very popular with the residents. In my spare time I like to spend time away in my camper van, walking Jessie and being with my grandchildren.

Sam

Sam Burton

Job Title: Home Trainer

Joined: 2012

My job is to ensure all the staff at Windmill Manor are fully trained and up to date with all Legislitive and Mandatory Training as well as development courses such as NVQ's and Apprenticeships. As a young mum I work part time 2 days a week but I am currently on maternity leave having just had a new baby girl in February.

Eric

Eric Toomey

Job Title: Maintenance Manager

Joined: 2012

I look after the general maintenance of the building at Windmill Manor to keep it a safe place for residents to live. This varies from changing tap washers to running errands for the home too. I also help residents when they move in to the home to put up pictures and move their furniture in. My favourite part of the job is interacting with the residents which I get to do a lot as I am always around and about the home. My passion is music and in my spare time I like to write and play music, although not in public!

Jean-Marc

Jean-Marc Lehodey

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2012

As the Head Chef at Windmill manor I look after all the dietary and nutricianal needs of all our residents. Our aim is to provide a full and varied menu that everyone enjoys as the dining experience is very important to the general well being of our residents. When I am not at work I like to spend time with my children or travelling back to visit family in France.

Lynne

Lynne Gower

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Joined: 2011

I have been at Windmill as part of the housekeeping team since November 2011 and was promoted to Head Housekeeper in January 2013. My team are responsible for keeping the home lovely and clean and a pleasant place to live. When not at work I like to socialise with my friends and spend time with my children.

Karen

Karen Percival

Job Title: Activities Organiser

Joined: 2013

I have been working at Windmill since August 2013 and I put together varied and enjoyable activities for the residents to take part in. This will also include arranging outside entertainers, trips out on our minibus and "themed" days in the home. All our residents have different hobbies and interests which makes for a varied activities schedule. When away from work I spend lots of time looking after my grandson.

Sammy

Sammy the Cat

Job Title: Pet therapist

Joined: 2010

I originally came to Windmill with my owner, who is sadly no longer with me, but I love Windmill Manor so much I decided to stay. I very soon find the residents who are "cat people" and I spend time letting them stroke me or I can sometimes be seen snoozing on their beds. If you are visiting I am very friendly and liked to be stroked so please come and find me.

Chester

Chester the Rabbit

Job Title: Pet therapist

Joined: 2014

I am one of the newest members of the team, I arrived in May 2014. I have a lovely two storey hutch in the garden with a pen to run around on the grass in the summer. However, the best part of being at Windmill Manor is being taken regularly to meet the residents. I love the smiles I bring to their faces especially those residents who find it difficult to take part in the main activities schedule. The residents named me in a competition, I think I was named after "Barchester"!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Windmill Manor Care Home