Cliftonville Care Home, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Cliftonville Care Home specialises in a range of personal care needs, including for nursing, residential and dementia care, carried out by expert carers who are aided by innovative technologies and an award-winning home design.

This Avery Healthcare development is looking to pioneer modern care standards and offers a wide range of extra features to make for a satisfying stay, such as a cinema room and an aromatherapy suite.

Cliftonville is ideal for rehabilitation, offering the use of wifi broadband so users can stay in touch with their loved ones, and a secluded garden area for enjoyment of the warm weather.

Group: Avery Healthcare Group

Person in charge: Marius Feeney (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Northamptonshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 106 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Cliftonville Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Cliftonville Care Home is based on 24 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.362 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.909 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.453 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.362 for Cliftonville Care Home is based on 24 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.909 for Cliftonville Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (262 Excellents x 5) + (24 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 287 Ratings = 4.909

The Quantity Score of 4.453 for Cliftonville Care Home is calculated as follows:

My sister went into Cliftonville Care Home on the 1st of September 2015. In the short period of time that my sister was there she was treated with the utmost respect and care while she was there. As her family it took so much pressure off us, and every time we visited we were treated like family so nice. Always a welcome smile and you can help yourself to drinks available. We have certainly mentioned the care home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Cliftonville Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed here recently for respite care and it was a positive experience for all our family. The care she received was of the highest quality, giving my family, and especially my father, peace of mind during her recovery. The support from the nursing staff was caring and respectful and nothing was too much trouble. They were attentive and always had time to explain what was happening. She had care from their in-house GP and her medication was tailored to her needs. The home itself is beautiful to look at and was immaculate at all times. The food was freshly prepared and of the highest quality, and there were activities that she could join in with if she wanted to. It made a difficult time easier, knowing she was so well cared for. I can't thank them enough

How likely would you be to recommend Cliftonville Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been in Northampton NHS Hospital since 17th August 2015, having survived viral encephalitis. Mum was transferred to Cliftonville on October 13th, very ill, depressed and unresponsive. The staff on the 3rd floor have been outstanding. Mum is now smiling, laughing and very alert and responsive. The deputy manager has been so kind extremely understanding and knowledgeable in helping us to cope with our dear mum. Everyone from the receptionist, housekeeping staff, nurses and doctors have treated us as a family with respect and kindness and also fun. Mum, I am pleased to say is now a resident. How fortunate are we all. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Cliftonville Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother stayed for some respite recently and I have to say that the care and attention she received from the staff was outstanding. My father, as a visitor and main carer, was extremely happy with her care during her stay which gave him peace of mind whilst they were apart. The care staff on the residential floor deserve the biggest thanks, and the GP service Cliftonville provided was excellent in adjusting medication and explaining the reasons fully. All the staff were amazing right through from reception assisting with visitor menu choices to housekeeping and catering staff introducing themselves whilst going about their daily duties. Nothing was too much for anyone, so well done and thank you very much.

How likely would you be to recommend Cliftonville Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to express my grateful thanks to the whole team at Cliftonville for my father's compassionate care and support in his last days. The care staff are patient, genial and highly skilled at meeting residents' and visitors' needs alike. Manager Marius and admissions administrator Suzanne made the initial process straightforward, and my special thanks go to Danielle and Sheila together with of course their supportive other colleagues for such kind and expert assistance, which I know my father really appreciated. Whilst the whole family will miss Robert very much on his journey to a better place, it is of considerable comfort to know that there are still professionals following a far from easy vocation that genuinely care for the elderly and infirm when they are most in need.

Well done and many thanks for making a difficult experience bearable.

How likely would you be to recommend Cliftonville Care Home? Extremely Likely

I moved my mother into Cliftonville last November and i really couldn't be happier knowing that my mother is in safe hands and getting the love and care she deserves .
My mother was in another care home prior to this and the care was poor and her health was fast deteriorating
Since the move into Cliftonville my mother has a new lease of life and she is happy and that is the most important thing her happiness.
I can not recommend Cliftonville enough , at the end of the day you can not put a price on peace of mind and a loved ones happiness and knowing they are safe and getting the very best care.

How likely would you be to recommend Cliftonville Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife suffered with Alzhiemers. After six years of home care I could no longer manage and on doctors orders she was admitted to Cliftonville. I visited her every afternoon of 18 months. In the last few months my wife's condition deteriorated and she couldn't do anything for herself, and she was totally bed bound, she also lost her voice and could not communicate. The nurses did a wonderful and difficult job looking after her until she sadly died. Visiting this home was like entering the Ritz Hotel! The residents rooms were tastefully furnished and had en suite shower and a television. The dining rooms and lounges were also of a high standard, the manager and staff were friendly and helpful to visitors and very competent carers for the residents.

My wife suffers moderate to advanced Alzheimer's and requires some nursing care. She has been resident in Cliftonville Care Home from 1st July 2014 and has settled in completely. The ambient surroundings of the home has helped but much more than that, the kindness of the well trained staff has made her transition from home life most comforting to both of us. It seems clear to me that the staff at all levels are highly motivated to providing a caring, clean and safe place in which my loved one can rest easy. Members of staff are very skilled in their various, sometimes personal duties with a high degree of compassion when dealing direct with residents and on occasion with family members. All of this in a quality, pleasant well equipped home.

In my experience I can't speak too highly enough of the Cliftonville. The staff, care, support, cleanliness and facilities. Definitely deserves an award.

The entire staff from manager to carers are caring, helpful and understanding. I could go for a short break knowing my husband would get the best possible attention 24/7. The support I had when he died was second to none. I will always be grateful to them.

I have worked in hospitals and care homes for a long time and Cliftonville is by far the best I have ever been in. My mother only went in for respite after coming out of hospital and asked the family if it was ok to stay (2 and a half years now). From the top to the lower paid workers I am not able to heap enough praise on them for what they do for my mother.

My mum is on the dementia floor, has been there for about two years and is in the later stages of the disease now. I can't really express how wonderful this care home is without sounding like a phony review. The manager has a wealth of experience and runs a very tight ship. The staff are exceptional - highly trained, professional, warm, caring and gentle. My mum loves them, and I think they love her. The home itself is like a 4* hotel, and is exceptionally well maintained (the maintenance staff are lovely too!). The food is great, and now my mum cannot manage solid food the effort that goes into preparing and giving her food and liquids she can take is brilliant. I really can't praise the home enough.

The standard of nursing care is absolutely fantastic. A year ago my mother was so frail following an operation. We thought she only had a few months to live. A year on her wound has almost completely healed and she is thriving in this home. The carers, management, nurses and everyone involved in the day to day running of the home cares about the residents. A wonderful team. Thank you so much! It is a pleasure to visit my mum in this home.

We have been very happy with the help and care Pat has received, the staff are all very kind, helpful and willing to listen to our comments and any previous concerns we had when we first moved Pat in. All the residents seem happy and content. We highly recommend Avery.

Everyone at Cliftonville goes out of their way to make sure mum is well cared for. They know me and make me feel welcome. More importantly they have supported me and my family in coming to terms with mums Alzheimers which struck almost overnight. They have been wonderful.

Mum was treated with the utmost respect and care. She was very comfortable at Cliftonville in the short time she was resident. The staff were totally professional at all times.

Wonderful Care.

Everyone from the manager and all the staff were superb to mu husband and myself in every way.

Recommended to anyone who needs care. Mum has been there for over two years and is as happy as she can be and 'over the moon' with everything. I went through turmoil initially trying to find a place and was amazed that that there were so many. Avery was offered and taken. 'A 4star hotel'. Proactive management, staff want to be there and more activities than a church fete. Yes Yes Yes. Top marks.

My mother has been a resident at Cliftonville for 2 years. During which time she has been treated with immense compassion and respect. In light of recent shocking press coverage of standards of care for this country's elderly, I can rest easy in the knowledge that her care at Cliftonville is exemplary.

Level of care is outstanding as are all the staff. Nothing is too much trouble and my mother is always treated with respect and dignity. Staff extremely friendly and I can speak to them about my mother at any time and am always kept up to date regarding her care. Cliftonville is more like top class hotel than a care home with lots of activities and always clean and very welcoming.

My dear mum has been at Cliftonville for 3 years now, she in on the dementia floor. I and the rest of my family cannot praise the home and staff enough. My mum has been very happy living there. The staff(in all areas) are so caring, friendly and supportive. They always have time to talk if any concerns and I know that mum is looked after very well, which is such a reassuring thing to know. I cannot thank them all enough.

Marius Feeney is an excellent care home manager.

This is an exemplary Care Home in all aspects. Standards throughout are of 5* hotel standard and the Home is kept spotless throughout. Above all, the staff, without exception, are attentive, courteous, respectful and totally professional. It is very evident that the training the staff receive, in every category, is of an extremely high standard. Above all, the staff display not only a professional approach to their residents but gentleness and compassion. The ambiance is one of a "family" - and this is felt by relatives also. Interaction between the staff themselves, whilst always professional, is easy, humorous and supportive of each other. This adds to the confidence of relatives that the best possible care for a resident is the paramount objective of every Staff member. If there was such a thing as a "flagship Care Home" - then Cliftonville Care Home would qualify on all counts.

Submit a Review for Cliftonville Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Cliftonville Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Cliftonville Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cliftonville Care Home