Baylham Care Centre, Baylham, Ipswich, Suffolk
Baylham Care Centre
Baylham Care Centre

At the innovative new Baylham Care Centre, carers aim to offer unparalleled levels of service ranging from respite to long term nursing, from rehabilitation and physiotherapy to Dementia and holistic End of Life care.

Many of the facilities are new to this country. For example, there are wireless communications in each room that allows members of staff to talk to or summon anyone within the building, thereby saving valuable time. Also, they have the capability when the situation requires it to have residents remotely monitored by their doctor, who can determine what, if any, action should be taken. Time spent by staff with the residents is very important; therefore, they have installed many labour-saving systems to ensure this happens as often as possible.

Every effort has been made to cater for the needs of our residents. This includes a wide range of accommodation, on and off site facilities, freshly prepared food to meet dietary requirements, relaxing surroundings with sensory gardens, themed reminiscence lounges and stunning panoramic views across the Gipping Valley.

Group: Cardinal Healthcare

Person in charge: Prema Dorai (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 55 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Baylham Care Centre: click here

May 2012

NFB Annual Awards 2012 Finalist

Date: Thursday 24 May 2012

March 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Baylham Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

My father-in-law was admitted to Baylham Care Centre at very short notice, late in the evening. He was very confused and upset when he arrived but the staff welcomed him, my husband and myself with understanding and kindness. They explained everything to us, taking care to make sure that my father-in-law was included in all conversations. The care given to him was excellent and he progressed well and quickly. By the time I visited him the next day he was already well on the mend. This is a beautiful care home, light, airy, and modern. There are plenty of staff, all of which seem very dedicated, and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. My husband and I would like to thank everyone involved for the care they provided.

Submitted by Susan Andrews (Daughter-in-law of Care Home Resident) on Friday 14 March 2014.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

My wife suffered with MS for thirty years, the last ten years or so in residential care. The home she was in before Baylham ultimately proved unsatisfactory, and I was delighted to find an excellent home for her here. The staff were kind, considerate and caring, the facilities were excellent, the rooms are very clean and well maintained, the activities were plentiful and very inclusive to all. Sadly care homes of this standard are difficult to find. I recommend this one very highly.

Submitted by James Lucy (Husband of former resident) on Thursday 6 February 2014.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

I would recommend this home. In December my husband went for a week's respite. He was very anxious after having a bad experience in another home. The staff made us very welcome, my husband loved every day he was there said staff were very kind and gentle and is looking forward to his next stay in January. He suffered a very bad stroke in 2011 which has left him unable to walk. He is only 55years old and finds things very hard, but Baylham treats each person with care and dignity. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you to all the staff

Submitted by carol shutt (respite) on Friday 17 January 2014.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

Excellent staff, highly recommended.

Submitted by Nicholas Cox (Respite resident) on Tuesday 8 October 2013.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

My 92 year old Dad needed a home with qualified nursing on-site as well as being welcoming and caring. To retain his dignity he needed en-suite washing, showering and toileting facilities. We needed him to be at home. he was able to bring a few items of furniture plus favorite pictures and clock for his room, which also had a sitting out area. Life has to be worth living - Baylham had an excellent daily activities programme. this is an excellent care home with an holistic personal approach with residents. We looked at other homes in the area before finding this jewel!

Submitted by J. L (Daughter of Resident) on Thursday 1 August 2013.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

Staff know what they are doing and keen to include all of the residents in all of the varieties of activities. I also feel that I am respected highly and feel comfortable and settled here.

Submitted by Doreen H (Husband of resident) on Monday 13 May 2013.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

Residents are treated as an individual with dignity, high level of care and personal cleanliness, very clean and free of unpleasant smells. Good choice of food. Very well staffed, daily activities with encouragement of residents to interact. Separate areas available for family visitors. We found all the staff friendly and caring.

Submitted by Ruth Hogg (Daughter of Ex Resident) on Wednesday 5 December 2012.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

As anyone knows,who has been in this position, that it is so difficult to source a full time care home for a loved one when the time comes. When I decided that I could no longer care at home for my mum, as she needed 24 hour care due to vascular dementia, I visited Baylham and from the moment I walked in the door I knew this was right for Mum. I had visited around ten other care homes in the two months prior to Mum's admission and Baylham was the choice I made. I found all staff very caring and considerate with Mum and indeed myself. The room was fabulous for her with patio doors that could be opened onto a secured garden area, exactly as she had, had living with myself. The cleanliness of all areas of her room and private bathroom was excellent. The linen on the bed and all Mum's clothes were spotless all of time. I was very happy with the standard of care she received. I have since lost Mum to dreaded dementia and spent most of my time at her side in Baylham Care Centre for a week during which time I again cannot fault the wonderful nurses and carers who tendered to her day and night in such a dignified manner and thank them for the consideration given to her and myself during this time. You are all truly wonderful and we all appreciate everything you did to make Mum's last days comfortable for her. I would not hesitate in recommending this care home.

Submitted by Lyn Baker (daughter of resident) on Friday 30 November 2012.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

Prima and Adrian's team have been a life saver. The care and attention that my mother received on the dementia care unit has enabled my mother to improve to the extent that she will now be joining my father in very sheltered housing. We don't know for how long but we are hopeful it will be for some time. They have re-enabled her in so many ways, she is eating regularly, walking soundly and has energy. She is still slightly confused but has certainly improved, with a different medication regime. The food, care and attention was second to none as were the facilities. The staff were always helpful, informative and showed a commitment to great care, dignity and respect that was consistent whatever time you called in. The other services available there were also extremely valuable to my mothers health and well being.

Submitted by Jacqui Martin (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 22 October 2012.

Review of Baylham Care Centre

I have been in this care centre for 36 days while on respite from hospital. I am a Mental Health Nurse, so I know what is excellent care in an institution. The staff are the most polite and caring people I have ever worked or met in heath care. They actually gave me inspiration on how I can be a wonderful nurse myself to help my clients when I go back to work. Even the managers of Baylham, make time to visit and chart with you, and offer all sorts of different things that might boost your health and make your stay comfortable. Oh! the rooms are wonderfully spacious, very clean and full of fresh air. You just have to see the view from their middle floor lounges. I definitely recommend anyone to go there any time without hesitation.

Submitted by Jean Nyandoro (Client/ on respite) on Thursday 11 October 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Baylham Care Centre

(please write a short headline summary)

Care Assistant

dependant on experience

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Ipswich, Suffolk

07 Oct 2014
Apply Here

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Baylham Care Centre