Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Baylham Care Centre, Baylham, Ipswich, Suffolk
Baylham Care Centre
Baylham Care Centre

At the innovative new Baylham Care Centre, carers aim to offer unparalleled levels of service ranging from respite to long term nursing, from rehabilitation and physiotherapy to Dementia and holistic End of Life care.

Many of the facilities are new to this country. For example, there are wireless communications in each room that allows members of staff to talk to or summon anyone within the building, thereby saving valuable time. Also, they have the capability when the situation requires it to have residents remotely monitored by their doctor, who can determine what, if any, action should be taken. Time spent by staff with the residents is very important; therefore, they have installed many labour-saving systems to ensure this happens as often as possible.

Every effort has been made to cater for the needs of our residents. This includes a wide range of accommodation, on and off site facilities, freshly prepared food to meet dietary requirements, relaxing surroundings with sensory gardens, themed reminiscence lounges and stunning panoramic views across the Gipping Valley.

Owner: Cardinal Healthcare

Person in charge: Prema Dorai (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 55 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Baylham Care Centre: click here

May 2012

NFB Annual Awards 2012 Finalist

Date: Thursday 24 May 2012

March 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.6 for Baylham Care Centre) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Friday 14 March 2014 by Susan Andrews (Daughter-in-law of Care Home Resident)

My father-in-law was admitted to Baylham Care Centre at very short notice, late in the evening. He was very confused and upset when he arrived but the staff welcomed him, my husband and myself with understanding and kindness. They explained everything to us, taking care to make sure that my father-in-law was included in all conversations. The care given to him was excellent and he progressed well and quickly. By the time I visited him the next day he was already well on the mend. This is a beautiful care home, light, airy, and modern. There are plenty of staff, all of which seem very dedicated, and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. My husband and I would like to thank everyone involved for the care they provided.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Thursday 6 February 2014 by James Lucy (Husband of former resident)

My wife suffered with MS for thirty years, the last ten years or so in residential care. The home she was in before Baylham ultimately proved unsatisfactory, and I was delighted to find an excellent home for her here. The staff were kind, considerate and caring, the facilities were excellent, the rooms are very clean and well maintained, the activities were plentiful and very inclusive to all. Sadly care homes of this standard are difficult to find. I recommend this one very highly.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Friday 17 January 2014 by carol shutt (respite)

I would recommend this home. In December my husband went for a week's respite. He was very anxious after having a bad experience in another home. The staff made us very welcome, my husband loved every day he was there said staff were very kind and gentle and is looking forward to his next stay in January. He suffered a very bad stroke in 2011 which has left him unable to walk. He is only 55years old and finds things very hard, but Baylham treats each person with care and dignity. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you to all the staff

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Tuesday 8 October 2013 by Nicholas Cox (Respite resident)

Excellent staff, highly recommended.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Thursday 1 August 2013 by J. L (Daughter of Resident)

My 92 year old Dad needed a home with qualified nursing on-site as well as being welcoming and caring. To retain his dignity he needed en-suite washing, showering and toileting facilities. We needed him to be at home. he was able to bring a few items of furniture plus favorite pictures and clock for his room, which also had a sitting out area. Life has to be worth living - Baylham had an excellent daily activities programme. this is an excellent care home with an holistic personal approach with residents. We looked at other homes in the area before finding this jewel!

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Monday 13 May 2013 by Doreen H (Husband of resident)

Staff know what they are doing and keen to include all of the residents in all of the varieties of activities. I also feel that I am respected highly and feel comfortable and settled here.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Wednesday 5 December 2012 by Ruth Hogg (Daughter of Ex Resident)

Residents are treated as an individual with dignity, high level of care and personal cleanliness, very clean and free of unpleasant smells. Good choice of food. Very well staffed, daily activities with encouragement of residents to interact. Separate areas available for family visitors. We found all the staff friendly and caring.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Friday 30 November 2012 by Lyn Baker (daughter of resident)

As anyone knows,who has been in this position, that it is so difficult to source a full time care home for a loved one when the time comes. When I decided that I could no longer care at home for my mum, as she needed 24 hour care due to vascular dementia, I visited Baylham and from the moment I walked in the door I knew this was right for Mum. I had visited around ten other care homes in the two months prior to Mum's admission and Baylham was the choice I made. I found all staff very caring and considerate with Mum and indeed myself. The room was fabulous for her with patio doors that could be opened onto a secured garden area, exactly as she had, had living with myself. The cleanliness of all areas of her room and private bathroom was excellent. The linen on the bed and all Mum's clothes were spotless all of time. I was very happy with the standard of care she received. I have since lost Mum to dreaded dementia and spent most of my time at her side in Baylham Care Centre for a week during which time I again cannot fault the wonderful nurses and carers who tendered to her day and night in such a dignified manner and thank them for the consideration given to her and myself during this time. You are all truly wonderful and we all appreciate everything you did to make Mum's last days comfortable for her. I would not hesitate in recommending this care home.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Monday 22 October 2012 by Jacqui Martin (Daughter of Resident)

Prima and Adrian's team have been a life saver. The care and attention that my mother received on the dementia care unit has enabled my mother to improve to the extent that she will now be joining my father in very sheltered housing. We don't know for how long but we are hopeful it will be for some time. They have re-enabled her in so many ways, she is eating regularly, walking soundly and has energy. She is still slightly confused but has certainly improved, with a different medication regime. The food, care and attention was second to none as were the facilities. The staff were always helpful, informative and showed a commitment to great care, dignity and respect that was consistent whatever time you called in. The other services available there were also extremely valuable to my mothers health and well being.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Thursday 11 October 2012 by Jean Nyandoro (Client/ on respite)

I have been in this care centre for 36 days while on respite from hospital. I am a Mental Health Nurse, so I know what is excellent care in an institution. The staff are the most polite and caring people I have ever worked or met in heath care. They actually gave me inspiration on how I can be a wonderful nurse myself to help my clients when I go back to work. Even the managers of Baylham, make time to visit and chart with you, and offer all sorts of different things that might boost your health and make your stay comfortable. Oh! the rooms are wonderfully spacious, very clean and full of fresh air. You just have to see the view from their middle floor lounges. I definitely recommend anyone to go there any time without hesitation.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Friday 7 September 2012 by Faith Jaggard (daughter of Resident)

I'm sure like most daughters I loved my mother more than any words can say. When I could no longer nurse mum at home of course I wanted the very best for her last days. Well I found it, Baylham Care Centre, she had everything you could wish for, all the staff had one thing on their mind - how could they help or give anything that would ease Mum's day and night, the home is kept spotlessly clean (no smell when you entered the building or rooms) all linen kept spotless and pristine bed linen and all her clothes washed and so well ironed daily. The chef tried to tempt Mum with things she used to like and eat, unfortunately most days were a lost cause but they never gave up. Throughout the home, all décor and furniture blended and the rooms are so well equipped, (large rooms with en suite). Beautiful views over farm land, an interest for Mum as she had lived on the land during her life time. Great nursing care, her own Doctor was able to look after her, which for Mum was a great blessing. All in all I would not hesitate to recommend Baylham Care Centre to anyone who is looking for the best care for a loved one. I am just grateful the home was there when Mum was in most need.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Tuesday 24 July 2012 by Jennifer Macdonald (Wife of Resident)

My husband had a stroke after an operation to remove a brain aneurism. He was left paralysed, unable to speak or eat and doubly incontinent but with mind intact (locked-in syndrome). Care at Baylham was kind, dignified and professional.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Monday 21 May 2012 by Sandra C (Family of Resident)

When visiting the home I had a very warm welcome from the staff. It was so nice to see the residents all sitting together with carers laughing and chatting. The resident’s rooms were just like home from home. Everything was so clean and the view from the large windows they were from the ceiling right down to the floor, you could see such a lot of wonderful sights. Everything about the home felt peaceful and calm. A lovely place to convalesce, and recoup good health.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Wednesday 9 May 2012 by Peggy T (Wife of Resident)

Franklin and I very much appreciate the attention, kindness and care given to him while he was in the care centre. It was difficult at times due to his blindness and the weakness in his legs. He has settled quite well at home with the carers.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Wednesday 9 May 2012 by Mary B (Friend of Resident)

Thank you all for the wonderful care you gave my friend Irene Ralph during her last days.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Wednesday 9 May 2012 by Grace K (Resident)

The care you have given me has been second to none and you have improved my health so much since I have been here when I was so ill with chemo you were all so attentive and kind to me and when I say all I mean everyone, nurses, carers, physios, chefs, kitchen staff, cleaners, laundry staff and the lovely waitresses and also entertainment staff who do a fantastic job. I shall never forget your kindness.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Thursday 3 May 2012 by Andrew T (Son of Resident)

Thank you all so very much for the welcome and care you gave to my Mother-in-law, Dorothy W. She was so very pleased to have left the noise and busyness of the hospital into your peaceful and peace filled home. Her room was just that - a home from home. Sadly, after 20 years of enduring Parkinson's, Dorothy just did not have the strength left to stand or walk unaided, and, as you know, her frailty robbed her of the ability to fight back and she died peacefully on Thursday, 15 December, in the early hours of the morning. My wife, Liz, and her Sister Sally will always be grateful to you for making that final week so peaceful. Thank you.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Thursday 3 May 2012 by Joe (Temporary Resident)

I have just spent quite a few weeks at Baylham and what a lovely, warm friendly, comfortable place it is. My room was spacious and yet cosy with TV, bathroom and easy chair and really snug bed. The carers are courteous, kind and caring with a good sense of humour. Every time you ring the bell, somebody came with a smile to find out what you wanted. Wish I could take the lot of them home with me. The physiotherapists and nurses are excellent. The two entertainment ladies are wonderful. They provided us with many happy times and lots of laughter. The food was good, maybe a bit more variety needed but remember not everyone has as good a set of teeth as I have. All in all Baylham is an attractive place with wonderful views from some of the lounges.

Review of Baylham Care Centre on Thursday 3 May 2012 by Rose T (Short Term Resident)

A very big thank you for all the kindness and help from everyone during my recent stay.

Submit a Recommendation for Baylham Care Centre

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Baylham Care Centre and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Baylham Care Centre

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Baylham Care Centre