Kentford Manor, Newmarket, Suffolk

Kentford Manor is located in Kennett, a pleasant area of Newmarket, on the borders of Suffolk and Cambridgshire, and less than 70 miles from London.

We provide residential, nursing and dementia care and the home is divided into four smaller communities to ensure a homely environment and best care support. All rooms are en-suite and we have three apartments for couples.

Wendy Harvey, the home manager, leads a dedicated team of carers and support staff, who all help to provide a kind and welcoming environment for our residents. We welcome families and friends to our home and take an active part in the local community.

The home is part of the Gracewell Healthcare group, winner of the Health Investor Awards for Residential Care Provider 2014.

Group: Gracewell Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Wendy Harvey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 88 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kentford Manor: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Kentford Manor) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Kentford Manor

My mother has been in residents and Kentford Manor for the past few years. She is in the Dementia section, during this time I and my family have been very impressed by the kindness they have shown to her. The home is very friendly and you have freedom to visit whenever. The whole establishment is seen in a very professional and proper manner led by an extremely capable general manager, Wendy Harvey. All in all it could not be bettered.

Kentford Manor

Excellent care and staff are friendly and supportive.

Kentford Manor

Very happy with the facilities and care they give my mother.

Kentford Manor

It is not just the standard of care that impresses but the permanently cheerful attitude of the staff in the way they deliver the care & support.

Kentford Manor

Kentford Manor surpassed all of our expectations for a homely, caring and professional service. The staff are of the highest calibre and nothing is too much trouble for them. The help and interactions we have had with care staff and the Manager have all been timely and professionally approached. A number of family celebrations have been organised by the staff for my father and also my parents wedding anniversary. I highly recommend Kentford Manor with no hesitation whatsoever.

Kentford Manor

We cannot speak highly enough of the love, care and respect our mother has received during her 3 years living at Kentford Manor. Wendy, the manager is always ready to talk to us and engages with the residents as she moves around the Manor. This is a Care Home to 'knock spots' off any other! The building itself is more like a 5 star hotel and it is served by the highest quality staff who have residents and their families needs at the very top of their agenda at all times. Our mother has been treated with the utmost respect and love with her dignity remaining intact. She has spent 3 very happy years in a place she was able to call home when she has been at her most vulnerable, due to her state of health. The ethos Wendy provides at Kentford Manor is filtered through to all of the staff working there. They are friendly and always seem to have time for everyone. A lot of the staff have been there since it opened and that says it all really. In fact re-reading this review has made us realise something....we need to get our names down on the waiting ASAP! If only every vulnerable person received the high level of care provided at Kentford Manor the world would be a much better place. Cannot speak highly enough of Wendy and her team of Angels.

Kentford Manor

In the just over 3 years that my Mother has been resident, I have found all facilities to be excellent. The General Manager, Wendy Harvey, is very professional and always eager to listen to any problems and quick to remedy, if they occur. Also, readily available to discuss any relative matter to a satisfactory conclusion The excellent staff are friendly, caring and sympathetic with plenty of patience and ability. However, the Gracewell head office accounts department leaves much to be desired, by their tardy, unprofessional and disinterested attitude to my requests for some paperwork, such as invoices and statements for payments made. I have found some of them to be unresponsive to several requests and one person,downright rude, disconnecting me after refusing to give her name and not connecting me to the Financial Director, Jonathan Harper. I am currently pursuing this with the Senior Operations Director, Philip Smith, after failing to be connected to Jonathan Harper , Financial Director,to highlight my problems, which I regard as a serious issue worthy of reporting to him.

Kentford Manor

Kentford Manor is kept in great condition, always clean and tidy. The staff are all amazing with the residents. All staff from management to cleaning and kitchen staff always have time to speak with residents. Being part of Kentford Manor is like having an extended family.

Kentford Manor

Yes, without doubt the best by far. Everyone are so friendly and caring, they really do go out of there way to make sure you are comfortable. I have recommended to people how good it is. There is so much more I could say about it, but there's not enough room. Love and kisses to everyone.

Kentford Manor

All the staff from the cleaners to the manager are friendly have time to chat and provide a welcoming and caring home for my mother. There are plenty of activities and special events, the rooms are bright and clean and the carers spend a lot of time engaging with the residents. My mother is treated with the dignity which she deserves.

Kentford Manor

I have looked after Dorothy for 3 years. Based on short visits to the best homes in our area, I dreaded the thought of her ever having to stay in any one of them for long periods. Sadly the day did come when I could no longer look after her. Fortunately by this time, Kentford Manor had been built. it stood out a mile in all respects. Dorothy has been in Kentford Manor for a year and I am pleased to say that she is getting the best care that anyone could expect of a nursing home. hence excellent rating.

Submit a Recommendation for Kentford Manor

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kentford Manor

Senior Care Assistant (Days or Nights)

£8.50 - £9.50 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Newmarket, Suffolk

Care Assistant (Days and Nights)

£7.00 - £8.50 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

RGN / Staff Nurse

£17.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Domestic Assistant / Cleaner

£7.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Bank Chef / Cook

£9.50 - £10.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary / Cover)

wendy

wendy Harvey

Joined: 2011

I am a qualified nurse with over 34 years experience and believe there is no better job than delivering unique person centred care and I am privileged to manage a wonderful team who are advocates for each person they care for in our home.

In my career, I have also worked as a Consultant for NICE and won The Patient Safety Hydration Best Practice Award in 2008, Best Trainer Award (for my company) and have initiated ground breaking research which changed how people were cared for in Residential and Nursing Homes in the UK.

Kentford Manor is a very special place and one which I am proud to manage, we are a family here and each person is treated as an individual, respecting their opinions, ideas and comments.

Erika

Erika Tucaite-Liule

Job Title: Office Manager

Joined: 2012

I completed a degree 6 years ago and have found the job I really want to be in, I look forward to work each day. My job is very diverse and working in a Nursing Home has completely changed my outlook on life and I have a much better understanding of the needs of the elderly in our care.

I am passionate about my job and find it challenging but 100% fulfilling. The residents and relatives have daily contact with me and this is the best part of my job. The way the staff care for dementia residents is inspiring and I cannot praise them enough, we are a team at all times and I am proud to work at Kentford Manor

Alysha

Alysha Homer

Job Title: Activities and Events Coordinator

Joined: 2011

I have worked at Kentford Manor for two and a half years now as the Activity Coordinator. My job is very diverse as each of the residents are unique individuals and need a separate activity plan. The fun is actually achieving this and seeing the residents come out of themselves, laugh, have fun and make new friendships to begin a new stage in their lives. The job is very rewarding and I love it.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kentford Manor