Kentford Manor, Newmarket, Suffolk
Kentford Manor

Tel: 01638 555 090

Kentford Manor is located in Kennett, a pleasant area of Newmarket, on the borders of Suffolk and Cambridgshire and less than 70 miles from London.

Kentford Manor provides residential and nursing and dementia care for residents with en suite accommodation. The home is divided into four smaller communities to ensure a homely environment and best care support.

The home manager, leads a dedicated team of carers and support staff, who all help to provide a kind and welcoming environment for our residents. We welcome families and friends to our home and take an active part in the local community.

The home is part of the Gracewell Healthcare group, winner of the Health Investor Awards for Residential Care Provider 2014.

Group: Gracewell Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Wendy Harvey (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 88 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kentford Manor: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Kentford Manor

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kentford Manor

Recommendation Score: 8 (8.021)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 8 for Kentford Manor) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

There are currently no recommendations for Kentford Manor

Submit a Recommendation for Kentford Manor

Home Admissions Advisor

26-32k plus OTE

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Newmarket, Suffolk

16 Dec 2014
Apply Here

Nurse (days/nights)

£13.00 - £16.00 per hour

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Newmarket, Suffolk

15 Dec 2014
Apply Here

wendy

wendy Harvey

Joined: 2011

I am a qualified nurse with over 34 years experience and believe there is no better job than delivering unique person centred care and I am privileged to manage a wonderful team who are advocates for each person they care for in our home.

In my career, I have also worked as a Consultant for NICE and won The Patient Safety Hydration Best Practice Award in 2008, Best Trainer Award (for my company) and have initiated ground breaking research which changed how people were cared for in Residential and Nursing Homes in the UK.

Kentford Manor is a very special place and one which I am proud to manage, we are a family here and each person is treated as an individual, respecting their opinions, ideas and comments.

Erika

Erika Tucaite-Liule

Job Title: Office Manager

Joined: 2012

I completed a degree 6 years ago and have found the job I really want to be in, I look forward to work each day. My job is very diverse and working in a Nursing Home has completely changed my outlook on life and I have a much better understanding of the needs of the elderly in our care.

I am passionate about my job and find it challenging but 100% fulfilling. The residents and relatives have daily contact with me and this is the best part of my job. The way the staff care for dementia residents is inspiring and I cannot praise them enough, we are a team at all times and I am proud to work at Kentford Manor

Alysha

Alysha Homer

Job Title: Activities and Events Coordinator

Joined: 2011

I have worked at Kentford Manor for two and a half years now as the Activity Coordinator. My job is very diverse as each of the residents are unique individuals and need a separate activity plan. The fun is actually achieving this and seeing the residents come out of themselves, laugh, have fun and make new friendships to begin a new stage in their lives. The job is very rewarding and I love it.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kentford Manor