Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home

Carter Drive, Basingstoke RG24 9UL

Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home, Basingstoke, Hampshire

Nursing and residential care services as well as personalised dementia care are offered at Marnel Lodge, one of Barchester's unique Memory Lane Communities. In addition, the home will have the facilities to care for younger people with physical disabilities.

The whole home is designed to create a home-like feel with furnishings designed with older people in mind, from the sofas and chairs in the living rooms to the easily accessible sculpted gardens and first floor terraces, which offer stunning uninterrupted views of the surrounding countryside. All rooms have a Nurse Call Bell. Throughout the home there is a range of communal and dining facilities to suit people who enjoy socialising as well as those who prefer quieter activities.

The Memory Lane Community at Marnel Lodge is specially designed for those living with a dementia using colour schemes that easily enable residents to identify areas within the home. This area also features life skills kitchens, where residents can be involved in everyday kitchen activities such as baking and setting the table.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Susan Monger (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own Furniture if required • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.335 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.851 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.484 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.335 for Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.851 for Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (150 Excellents x 5) + (24 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 175 Ratings = 4.851

The Quantity Score of 4.484 for Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows:

After hearing wonderful reports of Marnel Lodge I was determined to secure my mother a place. Since she has been a resident, I am blown away by the amazing staff who have nothing but care, happiness and compassion for every resident. This is from the manager herself, down to the cleaning staff. The home is immaculate, always smelling of clean washing. Every room is advised to meet all personal needs and decor. I feel so happy and secure that when I am not around my mother is safely and happily being looked after. Marnel Lodge has totally exceeded all my expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My parents spent their last few years in Marnel Lodge, my mum having passed away last July and my dad in April. They settled so well into their lovely rooms and came to love their carers. Unfortunately many carers moved on during that time but those who are still there became loyal friends to my parents, myself and my family. My dad was able to be in Marnel when he passed away. The support and care that we all received meant so much to us. The care home is attractive, welcoming and I felt so at home there. Many thanks to everyone there, especially the nursing staff who helped to make my dad as comfortable as possible towards the end.

My dad is well cared for here. The staff are all kind and professional, they always keep me informed. Dad has been here 2 and half years and on his journey as his needs are greater the staff have stepped up to the challenge. My family are very satisfied with all aspects of dads needs. We can only say a huge thank you to all the staff.

From our first visit to Marnel Lodge to make inquiries from the Manager, we have been impressed by the personal care and attention we have been shown. Our friend (the resident) was loved and cared for in a manner that could not be faulted. She was shown dignity and given attention suited to her needs. All staff have displayed qualities of care and devotion with personal interest in resident and family. We are most grateful to them all.

My wife and I have been most impressed by the layout, the memory lane, the quality of the staff and, especially the overall cleanliness of this home. On our last visit, Wednesday 28 October, one of the staff was most helpful in answering our queries, she certainly knew her patient well, and the background as to why she was in the home. We also met a priest who visits every week to give my aunt communion and he confirmed all the above.

My aunt has been a resident in Marnel Lodge for 5 week and we are delighted with the care and support they provide not only to my aunt but the family as well. It is a fantastic care home. All the staff and facilities are really excellent. My aunts health and demeanor have improved no end since she came here. Thank you Marnel Lodge.

Marnel lodge is a beautiful care home and provides a fantastic high standard of care. All of the residents I see there are very happy. There is always a very happy and caring feeling about the home from the moment I arrive to the moment I leave. They provide residents with lots of activities and days out which they all tell me about during treatments. Overall a fantastic care home with beautiful gardens and setting.

Excellent care home, mother-in-law is very happy there. Her health has improved a lot since she went there. Highly recommend.

We had to find a care home urgently for my mother-in-law as she could no longer live on her own. All the staff were exceptionally helpful and settled her in quickly, ensuring that she was integrated into the day to day life at Marnel Lodge.

Everything was taken care of without any worry for us, including transfer of her doctor and her immediate medical needs.

There is always something going on to stimulate her mind and although her dementia has advanced recently, she has made friends already and is joining in with activities, tea parties and games.

We have the comfort of knowing that we can visit any time day or night and always receive a warm welcome and a smiling face.

Welcoming, clean, kind staff. Superb care home. My mum passed away here and the care home was mentioned in the tribute at the funeral service.

Staff lovely, friendly. Activities good. Food variable, could be hotter, meat less tough, great cakes lovely. Overall - good care home for mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home? Likely

My friend has been a resident here for about 16 months. I think she is well cared for and I have seen improvements. She has now started to enjoy the entertainment. As a visitor I am always made to feel very welcome and if I have had any concerns about my friends care they have been dealt with.

I am so happy with this home I have booked my father in.

I enjoy meeting new residents and making new friends. I enjoy all the evening parties that take place at Marnel Lodge.

My mother loves it there. The staff even put on a panto and my mum said it was great. It's lovely that it has birds and animals around it makes it feel like a home. My mum loves Gus the parakeet and pat the dog. The food is of a very good quality and the drinks and home made biscuits and cakes for visitors is a lovely touch. It is a joy to visit my mum there and see her so happy.

Submit a Review for Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home

September 2012

Senior Carer

£comp + free training + benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Basingstoke, Hampshire

Libby

Libby Barrett

Job Title: General manager

Joined: 2011

Libby is responsible for all aspects of the day to day management of the home. She has worked in the role since November 2011 and has a passion in developing services to meet the needs, wishes and aspirations of those we support. Libby trained as a General Nurse in the early eighties at St Thomas Hospital, London and has worked in both the health and social care sector for over 30 years. Libby’s experience includes managing nursing, residential homes and domiciliary care services and developing and managing an NVQ centre. Libby qualified as a Teacher from the University of Surrey in 2002. Later Libby also spent some time working for the Learning and Skills Council, looking at new types of worker roles. Libby and the team at Marnel Lodge enjoy giving a warm welcome visitors and residents to the Marnel Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Marnel Lodge Care Home