Briarscroft Residential Care Home, Birmingham, West Midlands

Briarscroft is a stylish purpose-built home that is designed to support our residents at all stages of their journey.

With a team of dedicated staff on hand 24 hours a day, Briarscroft offers the highest standards of care for all its residents including those needing residential and specialist dementia care.

Residents have a choice of comfortable lounge areas, with Sky TV and Internet facilities available and landscaped gardens. The service is respectful of personal freedoms and looks to encourage an independent lifestyle as much as possible.

All bedrooms are en-suite and occupants are able to contact carers throughout the day and night.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Rubina Choudhury (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Birmingham City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 64 residents

Facilities & Services: Lift

Latest CQC* Report on Briarscroft Residential Care Home: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Briarscroft Residential Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Dad has only been a resident since the end of April this year and all the staff treat him with dignity and respect at all times. All the staff call him by his first name as we requested, they knock before entering his room and allow him what independence he wants, but are very mindful that he does need support and supervision with a lot of tasks now. I feel dad went into residential care at a key point in his journey with dementia and we feel totally supported with his care. He needed to go into hospital last week for a few days and the home were prompt in getting paramedics as required and keeping the family informed. They have also given him the support he needs on his return home.

How likely would you be to recommend Briarscroft Residential Care Home? Extremely likely

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Mum has been a resident for three months now, and I can say that the level of care she has received during that time has been excellent. I have always felt that mum is safe and well looked after. The home is always clean, warm and welcoming, and the food is very good and plentiful. The staff are cheerful and attentive and keep us well informed. We definitely feel that we made the right choice.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

My father-in-law is very well looked after kept clean and tidy and is receiving excellent care. The food is very good, varied and well presented. The staff keep an eye out for him and inform us of any issues.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

This home is only three years old and after a difficult start it has now settled to be very good, and is still improving. The new manager has certainly made many improvements.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Since mom has been at Briarscroft she has been treated with dignity and the care she receives is second to none.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

We would recommend this care home to friends and acquaintances.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

My mother has vascular dementia and is 92 years of age. She has been resident for 3 years since it opened and I am totally sure that she would have died by now but for the excellent care at this home. She is happy, secure and very content there. I visited several similar homes in the area and none came to the standards set here by the staff and building maintenance.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Weekends don't seem to have the same amount of staff. Perhaps more staff members at weekends.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

The only way personally I would describe Briarscroft would be perfect. Nothing is too much trouble for all the staff. I feel lucky my mother was able to get in such a lovely home. I would recommend it to anybody.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

On balance, my wife and I think that this care home is good, we have some experience of other care homes as my Mother-in-law lived for some time in a care home. We note that there is a distinct lack of air fresheners which is a pity as occasionally there certain odours associated with elderly people.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

My mum was temporary resident as interim, she has since moved to live with me. During her stay at Briarscroft, her care was outstanding. Carers were always pleasant, friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I have only praise for the care and support provided not only to my mum but also to myself. In particular, I would like to thank Gwen, manager who did not hesitate in helping me at such short notice.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

I have always found the carers and management at Briarscroft approachable and willing to help. I have no concerns about my mothers welfare and feel that she is in a safe and comfortable environment. Briarscroft is a modern, bright home and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

I have seen myself:- Front line staff are gems, including care staff and domestic for example my dad like his food, he has a choice and the staff give him a healthy amount. His response every meal is very good as he is a well built man. He is not keen sitting at the formal table for meals, the staff bring his meal to him in his room and don't make any issue. They encourage him to sit at the table he says no their response no problem we will bring to your room. All staff the same response consistent.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

The fact that I already had a relative in there prior to this I was quite impressed. My father is now in there on respite trying it out.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

My mom has been at Briarscroft for 4 weeks after a long spell of illness. I would like to say that so far the care and kindness that she has received has been excellent.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Very welcoming home from home for residents. They are well taken care of in lovely surroundings. Staff are kind, caring and do the best to treat all as individuals. No hesitation in recommending.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

I have been absolutely delighted at the progress my mother has made since becoming a resident at Briarscroft. From a virtual recluse to being sociable, lively and far more happy than she has been for many years. I would not have believed that her own being could have improved so much that instead of worrying about her I can now relax in the knowledge that she is being properly cared for.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Very impressed with the quality of the home, cleanliness and the tidiness of the home. Staff and management are very caring towards residents and family members. Food is excellent. Rooms are very homely. This gives me, the wife of Stan Harding, peace of mind knowing that he is being cared for properly. Thank you.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

My mother has been a resident at the home for almost a year. In that time she has been very well cared for. Briarscroft is a modern, clean care home and seems more like a hotel. It is warm and friendly with very approachable staff and manager. I feel I could recommend Briarscroft without hesitation.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Our dealings with the staff and the home have been dealt with in a friendly and satisfactory manner.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

We have been involved with Briascroft for two years and we have found the staff to be more than helpful and always courteous. The home is clean and the food is varied and meets the needs of the residents. We would highly recommend this home to anyone.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

My sister is a resident at Briarscroft and my family and I feel we have made the best choice. We saw about six homes before coming to our decision.

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Everything seems fine, no reason for any complaints

Briarscroft Residential Care Home

This is a relativley newly opened care home therefore all is new and bright. 1. The female staff were particularly nice and tried to please my very difficult to please husbandThey went out of their way to tempt him to eat even getting things he liked. Nothing was too much trouble for the kitchen staff. 2.Everythingwas very clean, sheets were changed as were towels etc.

Submit a Recommendation for Briarscroft Residential Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Briarscroft Residential Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Briarscroft Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Briarscroft Residential Care Home