Tel: 0370 192 4220

Group: Housing & Care 21

Person in charge: Alison May (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Walsall Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 40 residents

Latest CQC* Report on The Watermill: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by The Watermill

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Watermill

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.1 for The Watermill) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Watermill

My mother was admitted to The Water Mill in April 2012, at the age of 91. after my father had looked after her at home for approximately 15 years, latterly with daily Social Care Assistance, with her Vascular Dementia getting steadily worse. This caused him, amongst other things, to get very little sleep, and he finally had to accept that he could no longer care for her at home, with his own health starting to fail. Dad passed away in July this year, aged almost 95, his body totally worn out from looking after Mum. He did, however, pass away content in the knowledge that Mum was in a much safer environment than he had been able to provide at home. The Water Mill is a wonderful place for those with advanced dementia. The Administration staff have always been available to listen and to advise, and the care staff have been excellent and extremely caring. We really do feel that Mum is being treated with the utmost respect there, despite all her frailties. We would recommend the Home to anyone with family members suffering from Dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend The Watermill? Extremely likely

Submitted by Roger (& Gill) Whiting (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 15 December 2014. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of The Watermill

This Care home for Dementia sufferers is excellent! My father has been a resident here for nearly a year now and as his daughter I cannot fault the place. The building and surroundings are clean and decorated to very high standard! The staff are very caring, welcoming, and manage my dad wonderfully. Each time I visit, my dad is well presented and is contented, which for the few years prior to his admission, was a major concern to the family. As a family, we have all been able to relax now knowing that our wonderful dad is safe, well fed, and cared for to the highest standards. We cannot thank the staff enough for the excellent care they provide. All staff from carers, to cleaners, and management, are friendly, respectful, and treat my dad with the dignity he always had before his dementia took control. From the time my Dad entered this home, neither myself or any member of my family have found anything to complain about! Not one thing! I would recommend this home to anyone who needs to place a relation with dementia into care. My dad has a dignified life again, and as a family, we have our lives back without having to worry about him! Superb!

Submitted by Sallyanne Wellings (Relative of care home resident) on Friday 9 August 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for The Watermill

There are no jobs posted yet for The Watermill

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Watermill

Other Care Homes located nearby to The Watermill

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page