Park View Care Home, Ipswich, Suffolk

Park View, part of First Care Homes is an attractive modern, purpose-built care home, providing residential, nursing and dementia care for up to 61 elderly people. Close to local transport and amenities, it is just one mile away from Ipswich, the bustling county town of Suffolk.

Park View is nestled within attractive landscaped gardens, with a large glass frontage which provides fantastic views of the gardens and overlooking Chantry Park. As well as a comprehensive activities programme, Park View has a surround sound cinema, a therapy room offering aromatherapy along with a library, activity kitchen, Bistro, residents own garden, balconies and terraces. All bedrooms have ensuite wet room, telephone, flat screen TV with Freeview and Sky channels.

Park View also offers residents a private dining room for special occasions including family functions.

Group: First Care Homes Group

Person in charge: Angie Ryan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Suffolk County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 61 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £825 Nursing Care Single from £995

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Park View Care Home: click here

posted 21 Jul 2015

Residential, dementia and nursing care vacancies.

The user 'Review Score' (9.5 for Park View Care Home) is based on 21 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Park View Care Home

Convalescence from chest infection.

Park View Care Home

My mother went into Park View at very short notice (less than 24 hours) for urgently required respite. The staff and the manager in particular, could not have been more helpful. The home is clean and very well run and food and service are of the highest standards. I hope the need does not arise again, but if it does I would not hesitate to pick the phone up to Park View right away without looking further afield.

Park View Care Home

No hesitation in recommending Par View. Calm atmosphere, and all the staff I encountered were very caring, and anxious to ensure the happiness of the residents. Nothing was to much trouble.

Nursing care exceptional.

Nice, friendly staff

Park View Care Home

Had 5 weeks respite and loved every minute of my stay. Staff are caring and so kind.

Brilliant Nursing Home
I would highly recommend this Nursing Home to anyone what you see is what you get. Not only is the building lovely inside and out the staffing levels are very good and the staff really do care. Unfortunately mum was only here for a very short time due to illness. The staff also work very hard to meet individual needs and has a lovely homely feel to it. The management recognise the need for caring and good levels of staff.

Park View Care Home

This purpose built care home built to high specifications, incorporating latest designs and qualities to meet comfort and safety of residents. The result of a purpose built project by experienced owners, designers and staff/management on operating.

Park View Care Home
This purpose built home is built to high specifications, incorporating the latest designs and qualities to meet the comfort and safety of the residents. Very experienced owners and management in place.

Park View Care Home

My husband has just spent two weeks of respite care at Park View, it is excellent. The quality of care is outstanding and I would recommend Park View absolutely. He has been treated kindly and diligently , nothing is too much trouble. The senior staff are superb and the team too.

Park View Care Home

Having spent 10 weeks in hospital following a severe stroke my husband moved to Park View. We have been so pleased with all aspects of care. In the first 2 weeks of residency my husband improved significantly. The staff are so caring and keep me well informed on my husband's progress and medical needs. After 2 months he is recovering well thanks to excellent care and surroundings.

Park View Care Home

Dad has been in the care home since January 2014 and although his health is deteriorating, his care is 'excellent' in every respect. He is always clean, well fed and checked regularly that he is drinking. Although now bedridden, he is always being checked. All the staff have excellent relations with residents and visitors. The standard of professional healthcare has never been below excellent/perfect.

Park View Care Home

A very lovely homely place with very friendly staff. A good atmosphere with beautiful surroundings. My father is well cared for and I would highly recommend this care home.

Park View Care Home

I was in hospital and I was very ill and I needed 24 hour care so I came to Park View it was a very nice. Everyone is so kind they made me feel at home. It is a very hard thing for the family to make up there mind to put am loved one in care but this has proved successful.

Park View Care Home

Respite care, needing 24hr nursing care after discharge from hospital. This care has been excellent, thoughtful and caring. This is my second stay at the home. I would certainly return if it became necessary. The staff have shown me every kindness and support.

Park View Care Home

My husband was treated with exceptional care, love and understanding during his stay in Park View. The staff, nurses and carers always treated him with kindness and dignity, allowing him to remain in control until his death. Peter made an impression on everyone during his stay of five weeks and many of the staff also made an impression on myself and saw their quality of care was exceptional.

Park View Care Home

Respite care - needing 24 hour nursing care after discharge from hospital. This care has been excellent, thoughtful and caring. This is my second stay at this home and I would certainly return if it became necessary. The staff have shown me every kindness and support

Park View Care Home

I was in hospital and I was very ill and I needed 24 hour care. So I came to Park View. It was very nice place. Everyone is so kind and they made me feel at home. It is a very hard thing to make your mind in the family to put a loved one in care but this has proved very successful

Park View Care Home

This care home is like a 5 star hotel with wonderful care alongside. My mum has been so happy since she has been here (July '13) and to know that the standard of care she is getting is excellent makes our lives so much better than before. She sold her home of 70 years and went in. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and at the age of 97, she has made some lovely new friends. My whole family is very impressed.

Park View Care Home

The home is like a five star hotel. The carers are wonderful, friendly, and understanding. I've been here nearly a year and when I came they gave me three weeks to live, but with all their care and attention I'm now looking for somewhere to live so I can move in with my husband of 46 years, but I will miss the home like crazy - we will visit.

Park View Care Home

I am so pleased that we have found this care home. My 97 year old mother is so happy here. Having spent the last 70 years in the same house it wasn't easy for her to leave. The staff have made her so welcome and the care is fantastic. What a difference this had made to all our lives.

Park View Care Home

I can warmly recommend the home as I was very happy with my sisters care during her time there.

Park View Care Home

My brother is an extremely complicated, challenging nursing patient. This care home are coping with him very well. Absolutely everyone involved in his care are outstanding. Genuine, compassionate, thoughtful - a sincere about every aspect.

Submit a Review for Park View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Park View Care Home

Anna

Anna Harrington

Job Title: Activities Co-Ordinator

Joined: 2014

I joined Park View in 2014. I have always loved working within the care sector and have done so for 15 years. I am a hard working, committed member of the team, and have a caring and energetic personality which I believe helps me to connect with people.
It is important to identify the resident’s needs and abilities and work on the positive to promote and maintain life and social skills. I am very passionate about making sure the residents and relatives feel like Park View is a home from home...

Christine

Christine Foster

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2015

I have recently joined Park View Care Home as Deputy Manager, having worked in the NHS for many years as a Nurse and up until recently as a commissioner for quality and individual funding. I have a great deal of experience in dementia care and general nursing. I hope that my experience will be of great value to Park View

Bev

Bev Parker

Job Title: Domestic Supervisor

Joined: 2012

I started at Park View in July 2012 initially as a carer. My dad was actually the first resident to live here when the home opened in April 2012.
My role changed to be a domestic assistant in 2013 and just recently I have been promoted to be the Domestic Supervisor.
Park View is a lovely care home and I enjoy working here very much.

Angie

Angie Ryan

Job Title: Manager

Joined: 2011

Angie became a registered nurse in 1991, working as a senior staff nurse and ward sister in the NHS prior to moving into nursing and residential care in 1997. She completed a diploma in nursing followed by a degree in Gerontological nursing in 2003. Angie commissioned Park View in 2012 before moving into a regional role. She works closely with home managers in the company to ensure that they have the support to deliver first class care

Rob

Rob Ingram

Job Title: Head Chef

Joined: 2012

I trained at the Norwich Hotel school and have been involved in catering management for over twenty years. I am passionate about quality and believe our residents deserve the absolute best care which very much includes food, hospitality and hotel services.

Shahzad

Shahzad Prince

Job Title: Head of care (top floor)

Joined: 2012

I joined Park View when it opened in 2012 and work here as Head of Care for the top floor.

I am also the homes in-house trainer and I really enjoy giving our staff new knowledge and skills so we can provide the best quality care.

Shehzad

Shehzad Younus Masih

Job Title: Head of care (ground floor)

Joined: 2012

Nursing is not just a job it's a passion for me.

I had worked as a staff nurse since 2004. I joined Park View in 2012.

I particularly enjoy palliative care and wound management and love being able to provide great quality care to our residents.

Colin

Colin Dean

Job Title: Administrator

Joined: 2012

My responsibilities are to make sure the back office functions run smoothly and to assist the home manager and staff in any non-clinical area of the business. I have over 35 years experience of administration functions in a very wide ranging career covering retail, manufacturing and financial services.

John

John Patterson

Job Title: Site Maintenance Operative

Joined: 2012

I moved to Ipswich in October 2004 just prior to completing thirty eight years service with the British Army. I am married with three children and four grandchildren. I am the Site Maintenance Operative for the home. My main responsibilities are to ensure that the Property, Equipment and Furnishings are maintained in a safe working condition. I have been doing this type of Maintenance for seven years.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Park View Care Home