Herries Lodge, Sheffield, South Yorkshire

Herries Lodge is a forty-seven capacity Ideal Care Homes facility, offering care packages tailored to the needs of each individual user and a pleasant living interior that is spacious and well-equipped for a wide range of care needs.

Carers are skilled in looking after adults with dementia, trained to the highest standards and respecting feedback from family and loved ones.

All bedrooms are en-suite and include shower rooms, with residents also able to enjoy Internet access, Freeview TV and mini fridges, together with landscaped gardens.

Group: Ideal Care Homes

Person in charge: Donna Ashton (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Sheffield City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 47 residents

Facilities & Services: Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Herries Lodge: click here

posted 26 Jun 2015

Residential and Dementia Vacancies

The user 'Review Score' (9.1 for Herries Lodge) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Herries Lodge

After my wife, now being cared for 6 months in the above home and all initial concerns have been placated. The home, the staff (especially) and all other aspects needed to create the best possible environment for residents peace of mind, knowing everything is of the highest standard- Thank you.

Herries Lodge

One of the most welcoming and most friendliest homes my great aunt has been in. The caring nature and friendliness of the staff is outstanding. It is like living in a hotel remarkable in every aspect, the best place ever to spend the remaining years of life. Everything in this home is outstanding. I would recommend this home to anyone who wants there loved ones in the hands of good people.

Herries Lodge

On appearance the building looks good inside, the lounge and residents room is very homely with lovely furnishings like curtains, nice kitchen too. My Aunts room is very nice,she has got everything she wants including a fridge. We have found the staff very caring nothing is too much trouble, they even help her to pick her clothes for that day and they spend time with everyone. Nothing is too much trouble, they are very approachable, would recommend this home to anyone. Only thing I would recommend is a telephone in each room.

Herries Lodge

I would highly recommend Herries Lodge to anyone looking for a setting for their loved ones. As a family we were heart broken when the time came to put our mother into care for her and my fathers sake. Herries Lodge was a fantastic find! The care and attention to residents is just consistent and they are like an extended family. Staff go above and beyond to meet the needs of their residents and nothing is too much trouble. Mum has got a smile back on her face. Something we hadn't seen at home in a long time.

How likely would you be to recommend Herries Lodge? Likely

Herries Lodge

Mum has been at Herries Lodge since October 2014. They have provided excellent care to her and her family. We are welcome anytime, we are encouraged to be involved in everyday routines. I can honestly say that without the excellent team at Herries Lodge, this would have been a very difficult time as we were in despair. They made the transition easier. Thank you Herries Lodge. We found a home from home for our Mum.

Herries Lodge

Herries Lodge is a beautiful home with dedicated staff. As I live abroad it gives me a good feeling to know my mom is in good hands. They keep in touch to let me know how mom is doing. I can phone any time if I have any questions. As my mom is deaf she cannot hear me on the phone, so they pass on any messages. The staff treat people as individuals not as numbers.

Herries Lodge

My father William Mason has been in Herries Lodge Care home since April 2012 when it opened. I was very apprehensive about my father going into care but the staff were very sensitive to his needs and concerns and he quickly settled in. He really enjoys being with other residents and together with excellent facilities and staff he is really happy and has given us peace of mind. I would recommend the home to anyone.

Herries Lodge

You are welcomed by all the staff and they listen anytime to what you have to tell them. They are very concerned about what routine you need to take. They make sure you eat regularly and have a good amount to drink. Where I am concerned I really cannot fault this place or the staff.

Herries Lodge

My wife was a resident of the Herries Lodge care home for 12 months until her sad death on the 18th July 13 ages 69 years. She had spent 33 years nursing the elderly with dementia returning at the age of 60 from the NHS. I visited her every day and was highly impressed by the staff kindness, competence and above all else their humour so important in caring for the elderly. As a retired senior nurse myself I was able to objectify observe their work which was excellent and nothing was too much trouble to them. I highly commend the home and all the staff thank you to all.

Submit a Review for Herries Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Herries Lodge

There are no jobs posted yet for Herries Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Herries Lodge