Fees Advice From Saga
Mill View, East Grinstead, West Sussex
Mill View
Mill View

Tel: 0333 434 3056

Mill View, in East Grinstead, is a seventy capacity care home that is ideal for adults with mental health concerns, including for many with dementia.

Staff are highly-skilled in the challenges individuals and their loved ones face, looking to deliver a service that meets daily needs in a dignified manner, while maintaining a living environment and friendly atmosphere in which everyone can feel relaxed and respected.

Owner: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Juliet Millward (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mill View: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Mill View

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mill View

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Mill View) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Mill View on Thursday 14 November 2013 by Sandra (Resident's Partner)

Dear Mark Re our second respite break at Mill View. I would just like to thank everyone concerned in the care of Martin for his two weeks in respite. The team is exceptional in their understanding of the condition, vascular dementia, and outstanding in their treatment of the person suffering this dire and difficult condition. I could not have been more confident that Martin would be so well looked after, and knowing this I was able to fully enjoy my break seeing my five grandchildren. Also, on top of this, the team seem to have the key ingredient, often forgotten or overlooked, COMMUNICATION. Since researching care homes, this one element can make or break the residential experience. When I was packing up Martin's belongings, I spoke with one of the carers who had been looking after him. This brief conversation meant so much to me, and was so appreciated. Which is why I felt it so important to mention it here. Not time wasted in the general working day, but a very thoughtful, human touch given and much valued by me. Please pass on my heartfelt thanks and love to everyone. Yours sincerely Sandra

Review of Mill View on Wednesday 21 August 2013 by Iryna Taylor (Daughter of Resident)

My Dad likes Mill View and finds the staff very respectful towards him. The food looks very inviting. The rooms are kept clean and there is always a jug of water by his bed table. I am also happy that day trips are organized for residents and I especially want Dad to go on these.

Review of Mill View on Monday 10 June 2013 by Sandra Playle (Partner)

Speaking as a First Timer!........... The arrangements for a respite stay at Mill View were conducted sensitively and showed understanding of Dementia for both Martin and myself as his carer. The openness and thought that went into the process is commendable. Being able to come and have coffee/ lunch before the stay, with the "Friends of Mill View" helped mainly myself to prepare and ask questions, especially the meeting with the presentation by the two staff members, one of whom was Zillah. In the pre- assessment the suggestion of a sort of This Is Your Life folder to help give a background of the person coming in was excellent.

Review of Mill View on Thursday 30 May 2013 by Sandra Cooke (Daughter of Resident)

Mum's first time away seems to have been very successful. She seems much more content and happy, this has provided a much needed rest for Dad. Will definitely book in for further respites through Mark (Customer Relations Manager).

Review of Mill View on Monday 20 May 2013 by Sally Widrig (Daughter of Resident)

To begin with the home itself is of such a high quality and the rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated and furniture etc is of a very high quality. Very spacious bathroom with all the necessary equipment. Mum's room is always neat, clean and tidy. All facilities at Mill View are excellent. Everywhere is spotlessly clean, bright and cheerful. From what I have seen and experienced myself the food is excellent, varied and well presented especially the cakes! All the staff, from management to cleaners, are friendly, polite, attentive and obliging. Caroline on reception is particularly friendly and welcoming. The carers are all very polite and friendly and treat the residents with great care and respect and are always on hand when needed. They all seem very happy in their work and obviously get on very well with each other. Bip and Jo are marvellous with all the activities that they do and I am sure put a lot more into their work than is required of them. I feel that everyone enjoys their work and genuinely have the residents' best interests at heart. I would not hesitate to recommend Mill View to anyone and I am very happy with my Mum's care. Mill View was not our first choice for Mum and looking back we wish that we had looked at Mill View sooner but we are now very happy that we have found her the best place and care that we could. It is lovely to know that she is interacting with everyone and she has certainly improved in herself since being with you. You are all doing a wonderful job for which I, and I am sure many other relatives, are most grateful for!

Review of Mill View on Monday 13 May 2013 by Norma Liversidge (Daughter of Resident)

I just wanted to highlight staff that have given outstanding service, help and showed caring towards Mum; Mark Bennett (Customer Relations Manager) Caroline (on reception, she is an absolute delight as you walk in the door) Yvonne (Mum's designated carer) Bip and Joanne (activities) These two have really given me the feeling that Mum is a person and not just another client and that gives me huge comfort. She is after all one of the most important people in my life. Mark (Customer Relations Manager) and your team have been exceptional in your attention to our questions and concerns and that is much appreciated.

Review of Mill View on Monday 29 April 2013 by Pam Glyn (Daughter of Resident)

I have found the staff very friendly and exceptionally helpful, even more so than expected as new customers. My mother has found it hard to adapt to living in a residential home but Mill View does tick all the boxes and is a new style of care home giving as much independence as possible. Mark(Customer Relations Manager) has been very attentive from the first meeting, never hesitating when asked for the fourth tour when I visited with different family members sometimes without prior appointments. He was also excellent when dealing with my mothers' early troubles with pressing help bells and was easy to approach. I have always felt welcome as a relative of a resident as have all members of the family and find that being allowed to bring pets into the building has been such a help to my mother in the first few weeks. The attention to detail has impressed us particularly meeting Joanne (and my mother and sister talking to Bip) as there seems to be a genuine interest in the history of the resident and what they require or enjoy. Yvonne has been a delightful and patient carer, the girls on reception kind and cheerful (mainly Caroline and Colette), Roger (Maintenance Manager) being a perfect gentleman when discussing hanging pictures even though he was off duty!

Review of Mill View on Saturday 27 April 2013 by Diane Emanuel (Daughter of Resident)

Summary of our experience at Millview :- We have undertaken a protracted evaluation of the Care Homes in the vicinity of Tunbridge Wells. They vary considerably between very average and excellent. The facilities at Mill View are first class and the modern, clean environment sets it above many of its contemporaries. It is not cheap but in the very much specialised field of Dementia we believe they offer good value for money. All our dealings with the staff, particularly the co-ordinators originally Marianne and then Mark (Customer Relations Manager) have been excellent. They have shown patience and understanding of our many questions prior and during two periods of Respite for my 95 year old father, leading to his permanent residency anticipated for the 1st June. Everyone has been most helpful and have shown that the care and wellbeing of the residents are an absolute priority. Jim was helped to acclimatise to his new surrounding with time and consideration from all the staff involved, particularly Hayley and Amanda whom we met on an earlier visit. The care and attention received ensured he settled in with the minimum of personal concern or distress. We know that we have made the right permanent choice in choosing Mill View and that Dad will be happy and we will have peace of mind.

Review of Mill View on Friday 19 April 2013 by Judith Webber (Daughter of Resident)

Every aspect of my Mum's respite stay at Mill View, East Grinstead was excellent. All members of the staff that we met were warm and welcoming and I felt had her interests very much at heart. Naturally being a newly built Care Home the facilities were impeccable and had been very carefully designed to meet the needs of clients with Dementia, everything was clean and sparkling. My Mum's room was very comfortable and all the shared areas had a feeling of calmness and an attractive air about them. However, despite the wonderful facilities, it was the staff at Mill View that made me feel that Mill View was the best and most appropriate place for my Mum's respite. I rate them all to be outstanding professionals who saw through my mum's dementia and found her real personality, responding appropriately to her needs. I know from friends who were able to visit her at Mill View that she was very happy and content during her stay and had the opportunity to take part in many varied activities that she would never be able to do at home. This in turn allowed my husband and myself to go away for a much needed holiday confident that Mum was being very well looked after. I can't recommend Mill View highly enough! Judith W

Review of Mill View on Thursday 14 March 2013 by Wilfred (Resident)

My wife came in for respite reasons, during this period we made a decision to move her in on a permanent basis due to the level of care that was provided and also the enjoyment she had. Recently I have now moved in as well, this has provided myself with a better quality of life.

Review of Mill View on Thursday 14 March 2013 by Shelia (Resident)

Mill View Care Homes has suited my needs very well, the staff are excellent and my room is now doubled due to my husband moving in as well. The food is excellent here at Mill View and I find it good value.

Review of Mill View on Monday 25 February 2013 by Mavis (Partner of resident)

I have used Mill View twice for Peter for respite purposes, I will continue to do so until a permanent situation arrives, where-by I will move to a permanent stay at Mill View. I have rated Care/Support at Mill View as Excellent!

Review of Mill View on Wednesday 20 February 2013 by Lucy Andrews (Granddaughter of Resident)

Friendly, clean, lovely building & facilities. Gran is very happy and we love coming to see her. I would stay here myself. Excellent Care, excellent management, excellent facilities and excellent value for money.

Review of Mill View on Tuesday 19 February 2013 by Sarah Porter (Daughter of Resident)

If you want somewhere safe, secure and very well run this home will ensure your relative is "loved" as much as you love them. I cannot recommend this home highly enough. It's given all our family complete piece of mind knowing that our father is well cared for. The staff are quite simply amazing.

Review of Mill View on Monday 18 February 2013 by Marie (daughter of resident)

The staff at Millview have taken excellent care of our dad over the past seven months. They keep my mother , his main carer, well-informed of all his needs and changes in his health and we feel that they are all very approachable to ask questions as well. In a particulary difficult time when dad's health was bad he became aggressive because of this. Care UK's policies and procedures were very useful and kept us informed of progress throughout.

Review of Mill View on Friday 1 February 2013 by Diane Emanuel (Daughter of resident)

My father was only on a 4 week respite stay. Our main dealings were first hand knowledge of the quality of care. The nursing staff and activities was limited. However, from appearances theses areas were all very good.

Review of Mill View on Wednesday 23 January 2013 by Margaret (Sister of Resident)

The staff at Mill View appear to be happy and enjoy their work. One is always made to feel welcome when visiting. The purpose built building is excellent. My relative appears to be in good, safe hands.

Review of Mill View on Wednesday 23 January 2013 by Sheila (Wife of Resident)

I recommend this care home Mill View because of it's overall cleanliness,good care staff and good home cooked food. My husbands visitors always comment on the friendly welcome in and out of the home.

Submit a Recommendation for Mill View

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Mill View and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Bank Care Assistant

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Temporary)

East Grinstead , West Sussex

14 Apr 2014

Care Assistant

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

East Grinstead , West Sussex

27 Mar 2014

Scarlett MacDonald

Joined: 2010

Description: I joined Care UK in 2010 as manager of Beech Hurst, but moved to take over the opening of Francis Court in 2012. I qualified as a nurse at the age of 18 and went on to work in acute care. I absolutely loved every day as an acute nurse and I had some great experiences working on different specialists’ units and completing further training with the Royal College of Surgeons. I later moved into working in a more commercial setting and gained another degree, this time in genetics and physiology. I decided to go into care home management as I felt it offered the perfect way to bring together my commercial and clinical interests. I’m passionate about finding ways to make a difference to the lives of older people and I wake up every morning thinking about how I can improve the quality of life of residents at Francis Court, and most nights I go home happy in the knowledge that I’ve made a difference and generated a few smiles along the way. I like to make the most of every opportunity for learning and development that comes along, and I also enjoy coaching other people so that they can develop too. At the moment I’m studying for a masters degree in business administration and I’m lecturing on nursing at the local college in the evenings.

Julie Millward

Joined: 2012

Description: I’m a qualified registered nurse and midwife and I’ve worked in hospitals as well as care homes. I joined Care UK at the end of 2012 from being the deputy manager at another care home because the company has a great reputation. What makes a good home manager? A sense of humour, good communication skills and a passion for the job. A keenness and ability to get to know your residents and colleagues is also vital. In fact, getting to know residents, spending time with them and making sure they’re happy is what I love about my role! I’m driven to ensure that Mill View is a superb care home – the best in the area – so people will want to make it their home.

Care Home Idol 2013