Mill View, East Grinstead, West Sussex

Mill View care home provide a warm welcome in luxurious surroundings and the very best in care, from short respite stays, through to full time nursing and residential care.

Staff are highly-skilled in the challenges individuals and their loved ones face, looking to deliver a service that meets daily needs in a dignified manner, while maintaining a living environment and friendly atmosphere in which everyone can feel relaxed and respected.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Cindy Luscombe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mill View: click here

Review Score: 9 (8.995)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Mill View is based on 13 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.995 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.652 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.343 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.995 for Mill View is based on 13 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.652 for Mill View is calculated as follows: ( (108 Excellents x 5) + (40 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 155 Ratings = 4.652

The Quantity Score of 4.343 for Mill View is calculated as follows:

Staff very good, food very good, more exercise for younger residents would be appreciated. Better use of garden in good weather would make sense. Generally very happy with service.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View? Extremely Likely

Cindy Luscombe, Home Manager at Mill View responded to this review on 27 Jan 2016:

We’re grateful for your feedback and are delighted with the positive comments and fantastic scores for the care and support we provide. We would also like to thank you for the constructive feedback which we will pass on to the team at the home.

This is an excellent care home with staff totally dedicated to the comfort and welfare of residents. Care given to my mother during her last days was excellent and that extended to support of her family. Recent changes in management has seen a great improvement in service.

Mill view is the nicest, cleanest care home I have ever visited. The staff are friendly, caring and engage the clients as well as looking after them to an extremely high standard. The whole experience of putting my father in a care home was very smooth and the management were very supportive. I can not recommend this place enough, my father loves it here. I would highly recommend Mill View, you can be assured that your family member will have the best care possible here.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View? Extremely Likely

My partner has become agitated recently and has now been put on what is apparently the lowest dose of a sedative. However, this has resulted in him becoming sluggish to the point of being comatose and slurring is words and talking gibberish. I am very concerned that this treatment has been introduced despite my concerns and is obviously having a negative and extreme result.

How likely would you be to recommend Mill View? Unlikely

Very satisfied with care and attention.

Mum was only at Mill View for an unexpectedly short time but I found the staff wonderfully co-operative and amendable in the time leading up to mum becoming a resident, as well as in her short stay. Everyone was very helpful and sympathetic too when mum sadly passed away. I have visited Mill View twice since mums death and been treated with respect, sympathy and understanding.

My mother who has been suffering with ill-health and the loss of her husband recently, also had to endure a broken hip. She came into Mill View apprehensively and with fore-boding. However, the warm, friendly and supportive staff have made her very welcome. The hard working staff are never too busy for a chat, and to ensure she wants for nothing. The freshly prepared meals are of 5 star quality and are building her back to health, at 97 a wonderful thing.

I quite like it when I'm here. I must say it's very nice indeed.

It is very good indeed.

Very, very good.

First visit to care home. Everything seemed very clean and tidy. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Generally very good atmosphere. A lot going on. Brenda and Ray seem very happy here. Only comparison I have is to where my mother was, Mill View seems much nicer. Maybe I will need a care home eventually and hopefully will go to somewhere like this.

If I have to be in a care home this is a really good one to be in. Very good atmosphere.

This home is amazing; you would not think you were in a care home. Coffee shop, cinema room, hairdressers and huge reception area, very welcoming and friendly staff on reception an asset to Care UK! The care is excellent and the communication is good, as we are kept informed, regular residents meetings, lots of change in management is main downfall.

Submit a Review for Mill View

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mill View

Care Assistant

Exceeds National Living Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
East Grinstead, West Sussex

Scarlett MacDonald

Joined: 2010

I joined Care UK in 2010 as manager of Beech Hurst, but moved to take over the opening of Francis Court in 2012. I qualified as a nurse at the age of 18 and went on to work in acute care. I absolutely loved every day as an acute nurse and I had some great experiences working on different specialists’ units and completing further training with the Royal College of Surgeons. I later moved into working in a more commercial setting and gained another degree, this time in genetics and physiology.

I decided to go into care home management as I felt it offered the perfect way to bring together my commercial and clinical interests. I’m passionate about finding ways to make a difference to the lives of older people and I wake up every morning thinking about how I can improve the quality of life of residents at Francis Court, and most nights I go home happy in the knowledge that I’ve made a difference and generated a few smiles along the way.

I like to make the most of every opportunity for learning and development that comes along, and I also enjoy coaching other people so that they can develop too. At the moment I’m studying for a masters degree in business administration and I’m lecturing on nursing at the local college in the evenings.

Julie Millward

Joined: 2012

I’m a qualified registered nurse and midwife and I’ve worked in hospitals as well as care homes. I joined Care UK at the end of 2012 from being the deputy manager at another care home because the company has a great reputation.

What makes a good home manager? A sense of humour, good communication skills and a passion for the job. A keenness and ability to get to know your residents and colleagues is also vital. In fact, getting to know residents, spending time with them and making sure they’re happy is what I love about my role! I’m driven to ensure that Mill View is a superb care home – the best in the area – so people will want to make it their home.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mill View