Mill View, East Grinstead, West Sussex

Mill View, in East Grinstead, is a seventy capacity care home that is ideal for adults with mental health concerns, including for many with dementia.

Staff are highly-skilled in the challenges individuals and their loved ones face, looking to deliver a service that meets daily needs in a dignified manner, while maintaining a living environment and friendly atmosphere in which everyone can feel relaxed and respected.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Cindy Luscombe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mill View: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.8 for Mill View) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Mill View

I quite like it when I'm here. I must say it's very nice indeed.

It is very good indeed.

Very, very good.

Mill View

First visit to care home. Everything seemed very clean and tidy. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Generally very good atmosphere. A lot going on. Brenda and Ray seem very happy here. Only comparison I have is to where my mother was, Mill View seems much nicer. Maybe I will need a care home eventually and hopefully will go to somewhere like this.

Mill View

If I have to be in a care home this is a really good one to be in. Very good atmosphere.

Mill View

This home is amazing; you would not think you were in a care home. Coffee shop, cinema room, hairdressers and huge reception area, very welcoming and friendly staff on reception an asset to Care UK! The care is excellent and the communication is good, as we are kept informed, regular residents meetings, lots of change in management is main downfall.

Mill View

Your clients are the residents- look after the people who look after them! Your staff are the best advert for you.

Mill View

I would recommend as I see Mill View as more of a hotel (luxury) not an old peoples home. Residents get treated like they should and are well cared for by most staff. We feel at home here as much as my grandma does!

Mill View

Mum has been a resident at Mill View since the home opended in July 2012. I have had no complaints since this time. I would recommend Mill View as a good care home in East Grinstead. More person involvement- Daughter Of Resident

Submit a Recommendation for Mill View

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mill View

Care Assistant - Full & Part Time Positions

Exceeds National Minimum Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Care Assistant

Domestic Assistant

Exceeds National Minimum Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Scarlett MacDonald

Joined: 2010

I joined Care UK in 2010 as manager of Beech Hurst, but moved to take over the opening of Francis Court in 2012. I qualified as a nurse at the age of 18 and went on to work in acute care. I absolutely loved every day as an acute nurse and I had some great experiences working on different specialists’ units and completing further training with the Royal College of Surgeons. I later moved into working in a more commercial setting and gained another degree, this time in genetics and physiology.

I decided to go into care home management as I felt it offered the perfect way to bring together my commercial and clinical interests. I’m passionate about finding ways to make a difference to the lives of older people and I wake up every morning thinking about how I can improve the quality of life of residents at Francis Court, and most nights I go home happy in the knowledge that I’ve made a difference and generated a few smiles along the way.

I like to make the most of every opportunity for learning and development that comes along, and I also enjoy coaching other people so that they can develop too. At the moment I’m studying for a masters degree in business administration and I’m lecturing on nursing at the local college in the evenings.

Julie Millward

Joined: 2012

I’m a qualified registered nurse and midwife and I’ve worked in hospitals as well as care homes. I joined Care UK at the end of 2012 from being the deputy manager at another care home because the company has a great reputation.

What makes a good home manager? A sense of humour, good communication skills and a passion for the job. A keenness and ability to get to know your residents and colleagues is also vital. In fact, getting to know residents, spending time with them and making sure they’re happy is what I love about my role! I’m driven to ensure that Mill View is a superb care home – the best in the area – so people will want to make it their home.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mill View