Mill View, East Grinstead, West Sussex
Mill View
Mill View

Tel: 0333 434 3056

Mill View, in East Grinstead, is a seventy capacity care home that is ideal for adults with mental health concerns, including for many with dementia.

Staff are highly-skilled in the challenges individuals and their loved ones face, looking to deliver a service that meets daily needs in a dignified manner, while maintaining a living environment and friendly atmosphere in which everyone can feel relaxed and respected.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Soonita Shaw (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 70 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mill View: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Mill View

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Mill View

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.1 for Mill View) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Mill View

I quite like it when I'm here. I must say it's very nice indeed.

Submitted by Hazel B (Resident) on Friday 27 June 2014.

It is very good indeed.

Submitted by Elizabeth G (Resident) on Friday 27 June 2014.

Very, very good.

Submitted by June E (Resident) on Tuesday 24 June 2014.

Review of Mill View

First visit to care home. Everything seemed very clean and tidy. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Generally very good atmosphere. A lot going on. Brenda and Ray seem very happy here. Only comparison I have is to where my mother was, Mill View seems much nicer. Maybe I will need a care home eventually and hopefully will go to somewhere like this.

Submitted by Kathleen G (Visitor) on Thursday 19 June 2014.

Review of Mill View

If I have to be in a care home this is a really good one to be in. Very good atmosphere.

Submitted by Brenda D (Resident) on Thursday 19 June 2014.

Review of Mill View

This home is amazing; you would not think you were in a care home. Coffee shop, cinema room, hairdressers and huge reception area, very welcoming and friendly staff on reception an asset to Care UK! The care is excellent and the communication is good, as we are kept informed, regular residents meetings, lots of change in management is main downfall.

Submitted by Sandra N (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 3 June 2014.

Review of Mill View

Your clients are the residents- look after the people who look after them! Your staff are the best advert for you.

Submitted by Jon K (Son of resident) on Friday 23 May 2014.

Review of Mill View

I would recommend as I see Mill View as more of a hotel (luxury) not an old peoples home. Residents get treated like they should and are well cared for by most staff. We feel at home here as much as my grandma does!

Submitted by Lucy Andrews (Granddaughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 23 May 2014.

Review of Mill View

Friendly, clean, lovely building & facilities. Gran is very happy and we love coming to see her. I would stay here myself. Excellent Care, excellent management, excellent facilities and excellent value for money.

Submitted by Lucy Andrews (Granddaughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 20 February 2013.

Review of Mill View

If you want somewhere safe, secure and very well run this home will ensure your relative is "loved" as much as you love them. I cannot recommend this home highly enough. It's given all our family complete piece of mind knowing that our father is well cared for. The staff are quite simply amazing.

Submitted by Sarah Porter (Daughter of Resident) on Tuesday 19 February 2013.

Review of Mill View

The staff at Millview have taken excellent care of our dad over the past seven months. They keep my mother , his main carer, well-informed of all his needs and changes in his health and we feel that they are all very approachable to ask questions as well. In a particulary difficult time when dad's health was bad he became aggressive because of this. Care UK's policies and procedures were very useful and kept us informed of progress throughout.

Submitted by Marie (daughter of resident) on Monday 18 February 2013.

Review of Mill View

My father was only on a 4 week respite stay. Our main dealings were first hand knowledge of the quality of care. The nursing staff and activities was limited. However, from appearances theses areas were all very good.

Submitted by Diane Emanuel (Daughter of resident) on Friday 1 February 2013.

Review of Mill View

The staff at Mill View appear to be happy and enjoy their work. One is always made to feel welcome when visiting. The purpose built building is excellent. My relative appears to be in good, safe hands.

Submitted by Margaret (Sister of Resident) on Wednesday 23 January 2013.

Review of Mill View

I recommend this care home Mill View because of it's overall cleanliness,good care staff and good home cooked food. My husbands visitors always comment on the friendly welcome in and out of the home.

Submitted by Sheila (Wife of Resident) on Wednesday 23 January 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Mill View

(please write a short headline summary)

Care Assistant

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

26 Sep 2014

Second Chef

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

24 Sep 2014

Care Assistant

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

23 Sep 2014

Scarlett MacDonald

Joined: 2010

I joined Care UK in 2010 as manager of Beech Hurst, but moved to take over the opening of Francis Court in 2012. I qualified as a nurse at the age of 18 and went on to work in acute care. I absolutely loved every day as an acute nurse and I had some great experiences working on different specialists’ units and completing further training with the Royal College of Surgeons. I later moved into working in a more commercial setting and gained another degree, this time in genetics and physiology.

I decided to go into care home management as I felt it offered the perfect way to bring together my commercial and clinical interests. I’m passionate about finding ways to make a difference to the lives of older people and I wake up every morning thinking about how I can improve the quality of life of residents at Francis Court, and most nights I go home happy in the knowledge that I’ve made a difference and generated a few smiles along the way.

I like to make the most of every opportunity for learning and development that comes along, and I also enjoy coaching other people so that they can develop too. At the moment I’m studying for a masters degree in business administration and I’m lecturing on nursing at the local college in the evenings.

Julie Millward

Joined: 2012

I’m a qualified registered nurse and midwife and I’ve worked in hospitals as well as care homes. I joined Care UK at the end of 2012 from being the deputy manager at another care home because the company has a great reputation.

What makes a good home manager? A sense of humour, good communication skills and a passion for the job. A keenness and ability to get to know your residents and colleagues is also vital. In fact, getting to know residents, spending time with them and making sure they’re happy is what I love about my role! I’m driven to ensure that Mill View is a superb care home – the best in the area – so people will want to make it their home.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mill View