Feng Shui House Care Home, Blackpool, Lancashire
Feng Shui House Care Home
Feng Shui House Care Home

Feng Shui House, in Blackpool, offers a warm and comfortable environment, with luxury bedrooms and its own therapy centre, in order to achieve high standards of residential care and a satisfying and comfortable lifestyle.

Therapies available can include reflexology, vortex healing, crystal healing, Indian head massage and hot stone massage, while a gentle exercise programme keeps all residents physically active.

Respect and independence are central to the care home's aims, with personalised care plans and regular medication audits making sure services are satisfying and of a consistently high standard.

Owner: Ms Kate Burns

Person in charge: Kate Burns (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 17 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 60 to 110.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £325 – £500

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Feng Shui House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Feng Shui House Care Home

(Large Single - En-suite with showers in every room. Investors in People registered)
posted 16 Nov 2014

February 2014

January 2013

Investors in People

Date: Wednesday 02 Jan 2013

Recommendation Score: 10 (9.950)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 10 for Feng Shui House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

My mother has Alzheimers and needs specialist care. The Feng Shui staff supply this in abundance, whilst giving my mother the companionship and mental stimulus she needs. My mother has nothing but good words to say about the staff. My wife and I can not thank the them enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Feng Shui House Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Peter Davies (Son of Resident/Service User) on Friday 12 December 2014. Review relates to December 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Professionalism and genuine care all the way.
My Aunt recently stayed at Feng Shui House for a period of restbite care. The staff and owner are a team of genuinely passionate people who have a gift for looking after our loved ones. My Aunt was immediately relaxed, happy and looking forward to her "holiday". My aunt had insisted that we brought some of her jewelry along for her holiday but thankfully the staff very sensitively mentioned that it was strictly against the "house rules" as guests could easily mislay valuables, everything was pre paid and we should just leave a small amount of change. Fortunately this was accepted by auntie and we all had tea and biscuits before making our way. The weeks passed with only praise for all the staff, I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.

Submitted by Andrew Borden (Nephew of Resident/Service User) on Sunday 19 October 2014. Review relates to September 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Thoroughly enjoying my move to the Feng Shui. Have been out lots of times. Vegetarian great food. Good company. Lovely rooms. Staff can't do enough. Kate more than happy to help.

Submitted by J Lewis (Resident / Service User) on Wednesday 8 October 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Recommended by my customers, family and friends.

Submitted by Raymond Banks (Son of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 2 September 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

The girls that work here are great, food is plentiful with everything you want to eat, it doesn't matter what you want you can have it. Activities are three days a week and guests can come when they want.

Submitted by Hilda B (Resident) on Friday 11 July 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I like my room it is large and airy. I like my food and the staff a good. I would definitely recommend to others well treated by all the staff.

Submitted by John M (Resident) on Wednesday 18 June 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

After searching for a 'good' care home for a number of weeks, we came across Feng Shui on the promenade in Blackpool and the attraction was instant. From the minute we rang the doorbell to the minute my mother in law moved in, we were extremely impressed. Now 4 weeks on and I can honestly say it's the best thing we ever did. She is happy, entertained and extremely well looked after.

Submitted by Elaine Easton (Daughter in law of resident) on Tuesday 3 June 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

lovely caring staff. Mum very happy there. Staff know what they are doing and the home has a lovely feel about it very clean and food lovely. Hairdressing, nails. My mum's room is lovely and the home is on the sea front so it's like being on holiday.

Submitted by Gillian Guest (mother) on Sunday 18 May 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Standard of care is very high and the staff care and you know it.

Submitted by James O (Son of Resident) on Wednesday 14 May 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Delighted with the standard of care. Staff were very professional and friendly. Highly recommend this care home.

Submitted by Patrick Sherry (Son of Resident) on Thursday 8 May 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

My gran has enjoyed her stay very much.

Submitted by Desmond Moloney (Grandson of Resident) on Thursday 8 May 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Warm and caring atmosphere. Clean bright and welcoming.

Submitted by Carmel S (Daughter in law of resident) on Tuesday 6 May 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

My husband has settled very well and it is so very friendly. Every member of staff couldn't do anymore to help or assist. He enjoys all his meals. He has a lovely and the cleanliness right through the home is great. There is no TV in the ground floor lounge this makes for more social atmosphere and able to partake in entertainment and activities.

Submitted by Anita Haigh (Wife of Resident) on Monday 31 March 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

The staff are excellent, the care I receive is good. The food is great. It's so clean with a big comfy bed, my room is huge.

Submitted by Nouille Haigh (Resident) on Monday 31 March 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I have always declined the offer to write a comment as I wanted to have plenty of time to view all aspects of the care in this home, I am an ex RGN 87 years of age, there is very little I can find fault with regarding food, care, atmosphere, outings and consideration for everyone in this home, I have chosen to stay permanently.

Submitted by Manjorie Banks (Resident) on Thursday 6 February 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I have enjoyed my stay; the staff are very nice and caring. Plenty of choice of food and I've no complaints at all.

Submitted by Margaret G (Respite) on Wednesday 5 February 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Best food I've had. The staff are wonderful, always willing to help me. The staff always make me laugh even when I don't feel like it. I couldn't be looked after any better.

Submitted by Derek Ritchie (Resident) on Tuesday 4 February 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Warm and welcoming atmosphere, great food - what more could you ask for? It's like being on holiday. After viewing a lot of care homes for my Dad this was the best and far more superior. I can rest easy now that I know he is getting the best care and attention.

Submitted by Peter T (Son of resident) on Thursday 2 January 2014.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Kate and her staff have gone to extraordinary lengths to accommodate mum. With the best will in the world mum is not easy to deal with and this, plus a lack of support by social services made for a difficult transition. However with the outstanding care and patience shown to her, mum is settling down and we can see that she is in a clean, safe and cheerful environment. I cannot adequately express my gratitude.

Submitted by Peter Seddon (Son of resident) on Wednesday 4 December 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a couple of years ago but had steadfastly refused to move out of her home into care or even acknowledge she has a problem. She became a danger to herself and we had to act. The Feng Shui accepted mum, helped her to adjust, and have offered her nothing but kindness and understanding. For the first time in years, my mum is calm and content. My brother and I were in the depths of despair, Feng Shui have performed miracles. This care home is wonderful.

Submitted by Christine Seddon (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 21 November 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

We looked at other care homes but knew straight away that this was the right one for him. Kate and the other staff are very welcoming and he has settled in well. It is a comfort for us to know he is in the best environment possible.

Submitted by Brenda Holden (Sister-in-law to care home resident) on Saturday 21 September 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Comfortable beds, lovely company, and great food! I think my son made a good choice for a care home. I have no complaints at all, very pleased with his choice - I am not known to be easily pleased.

Submitted by Derek Ryden (Resident) on Friday 23 August 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Good food. Lovely place. Top class nursing home. Excellent care facilities.

Submitted by Carole Parker (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 11 July 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

This is an excellent care home, I am satisfied with surroundings and quality of service. I would definitely come again. I am here on respite. They really do care here. Food - everything you want, they ask you what you want.

Submitted by Lily Bates (Respite resident) on Wednesday 26 June 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Feng Shui House provides a very good standard of care for elderly people. It was a lovely bright and clean home, with very pleasant staff.

Submitted by Janet M (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 17 June 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I would recommend this home to anyone - the staff are very helpful and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. Music hall events are marvellous. Family and friends made very welcome. Superb food. We always have a good laugh at night if wide awake with Kate. All have good sense of humour. I want to stay here now even though I wanted to go near to home which is St Annes.

Submitted by Jean F (Resident) on Wednesday 12 June 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I was aware of this ladies ability to care for her residents in the last home she owned. When I heard she had opened another 10 years later it was the right time for me to be cared for so I knew what I was going into. The care is superb and the entertainment is every week. Food quantity, quality and choice is all you could ask for.

Submitted by Alice H (Resident) on Wednesday 12 June 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I am surprised this home is not full. I have been treated exceptionally well by the staff. Excellent range of foods to satisfy anyone's desire. I find the actual building clean, it presents a wonderful stay. I am delighted to have found this particular home. The owner Kate is a genuine carer, wonderful lady, no nonsense, good humour.

Submitted by George Thurman (Resident) on Wednesday 12 June 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Confused on arrival as I wasn't sure why I was here. Delighted with the care. They even bought an electric piano so I can sing. Lovely girls.

Submitted by Eveline Porter (Resident) on Tuesday 16 April 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Recently moved from a home that had closed down. This was the best move ever. They care in this home and clothes get washed. As soon as I arrived my hair was cut I was showered and had good food. The entertainment carers cannot do enough for you, plenty of interaction.

Submitted by Graham S (Resident) on Monday 15 April 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Lovely relaxed and extremely caring atmosphere. Food is excellent in choice and quantity. Position of the home is excellent. Happy to have found this care home. Care is the key here.

Submitted by Margaret Capeling (Resident) on Tuesday 2 April 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Found the manageress to be helpful, caring and considerate. My mother said the food was excellent. Will definitely place her in this rest home again. The staff very obliging.

Submitted by Susan C (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 28 February 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Very good with the care and TLC. Very prompt with washing, medication and meals etc. I would recommend it to anybody and will extol its virtues to anyone interested. I am still resident at present.

Submitted by Yurek Solecki (Resident) on Friday 15 February 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

After visiting numerous nursing homes which was an eye opening experience we viewed the Feng Shui House ,straight away we knew this was where we felt happy and comfortable for our Mum to stay for respite. It is like walking into a 5 star hotel as you enter the door. The first thing i noticed straight away there were no awful odours !! The decor is light and airy not a bit like the usual nursing home. There's a lovely bar for the residents if they fancy a drink. The lounge is lovely and homely and looks out over the promenade ,so you can do some people watching. The bedrooms are all gorgeous and very comfortable with matching drapes and bedding with a lovely en-suite area. We found the staff are all marvelous very friendly and they are so attentive to make the residents comfortable and fulfill their needs. My Mother has had respite in other places and always said she didn't like it and the food was awful and was unhappy , but she is always praising the food and staff at The Feng Shui House I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Feng Shui House

Submitted by Diane Hammond (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 14 February 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

First class care home spotlessly clean very caring staff my mother has been looked very well nothing too much trouble. After spending days looking for somewhere nice for my mother this is the only place I have been which I would be happy to stay in myself , The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, TV, fridge, en suite and very clean, My mother is very happy with care received by the staff and enjoys the food. This Care home is a must if you are viewing somewhere for a family member you won't be disappointed.

Submitted by Terry (son) on Wednesday 13 February 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

Having looked around a number of care homes and being disappointed and uncomfortable at the idea of putting mum in there, it was like a breath of fresh air when I saw the Feng Shui. It was a feeling of home from home. Not your typical home. Mum has all the needs she requires. It is very friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. I would highly recommend the Feng Sui for respite or permanent care.

Submitted by Denise Marsh (Daughter of resident) on Friday 1 February 2013.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home

I live in the Isle of Wight/Wales and the company I work for offered to transfer me to Blackpool for a couple of months to complete a project. I care for my mother so I looked on line for a Care Home in the area to take Mum short term while I was working there. I viewed a couple that appeared on line to be suitable, but on arrival they weren’t what they seemed at all. Just as I was thinking I would have to decline the move, which would have lost me a lot of money. Just by chance I was on the Promenade looking for a hotel to stay in, when I came across the Feng Shui House Care Home, we went in had a look around and I told them why I was in the town, not only did they meet my needs for Mum in every way imaginable they said they would put me up for the night while I went round finding accommodation for myself. Mum was happy, she has all her faculties and didn’t want the average run of the mill Care Home, what we found was more like a hotel and a good one at that, the only difference being all the staff are trained in caring for the elderly. I even got to go on their toning tables and got a haircut while I was there. Well done to Melanie and her staff, this is truly a different concept in care. It apparently has only recently opened, so there aren’t that many people in it, though I doubt that will be the case for long, good luck for the future and thank you once again, for taking care of Mum for me.

Submitted by David Moul (son of resident) on Tuesday 18 December 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Feng Shui House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Feng Shui House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Feng Shui House Care Home