Feng Shui House Care Home, Blackpool, Lancashire

Feng Shui House, situated in Blackpool, provides day care, convalescence and respite care to older people and individuals living with auditory, visual and speech impairments.

A warm and comfortable environment awaits each resident, with luxury bedrooms and en-suite facilities providing a satisfying and comfortable lifestyle.

A variety of therapies are also available to residents and can include; reflexology, vortex healing, crystal healing, Indian head massage and hot stone massage, while a gentle exercise programme keeps all residents physically active.

Respect and independence are central to the care home's aims, with personalised care plans and regular medication audits making sure services are satisfying and of a consistently high standard.

Owner: Ms Kate Burns

Person in charge: Kate Burns (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 20 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 60 to 110.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £425 – £500

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Feng Shui House Care Home: click here

posted 22 Aug 2015

Large Single - En-suite with showers in every room. Investors in People registered

Review Score: 10 (9.971)

The user 'Review Score' ( 10 for Feng Shui House Care Home) is based on 40 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Cannot fault this home. This is the only home out of the 3 homes she's been in where she hasn't asked to go home, superb!

Feng Shui House Care Home

I enjoy the company I happen to be a good cook myself so I enjoy the food. Seems to be pleasant place to be. Organisation is more than adequate. I'm in a twin room with my wife for respite.

Feng Shui House Care Home

The girls are bright and cheerful and cant do enough for you. Food is very good and I cant ask for more or better. More than happy with the service. I know the owner she works her all the time.

Feng Shui House Care Home

To my mind this home is very well run under Kate Burns. Nothing is to much trouble. All the staff are very amenable. I would recommend to anyone wanting to have a caring home for family members. No complaints or issues.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Went to visit an old friend and after the visit I had to come on here and let people know how great Feng Shui is. The place is lovely and clean, plenty of staff around everyone happy. There was a singer on also which the other residents was loving.

How likely would you be to recommend Feng Shui House Care Home? Extremely likely

Feng Shui House Care Home

My brother is looked after very well and the staff are very pleasant. The home is very clean and so are the residents, the food is excellent. I cannot speak highly enough of this home he has been here about a year now and I cannot fault it.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Since Neville came in Feb 2014 he is very contented with his position as a dementia resident. We are very happy with the cleanliness and the staff couldn't be more caring.

Feng Shui House Care Home

An excellent place that takes great care of there residents, Nothing is to much trouble for the staff. While visiting one of the residents I was made to feel welcome, offered a drink and snack. The residents who I spoke to around the lounge couldn't praise the staff enough.

Feng Shui House Care Home

'Lovely place for my mother to stay, very happy with the level of care, food excellent, very professional approach to care'. Extremely caring staff and management.

Feng Shui House Care Home

My sister has been in this home for over a year now and I have no complaints, she is very well taken care of Kate and her staff see to her every need. I am kept informed of everything that is going on with her, she's in a lovely room. A place I would stay in myself if it were where I lived.

Feng Shui House Care Home

My mother has been a resident here since June 2014, the manageress and staff have been very helpful and excellent carers for her. The food is varied and healthy and heather the cook can cater for all individual requirements. The staff are all supportive to family needs as well as brilliant care to residents, nothing is to much trouble. Jane the hairdresser does really well and is very caring and patient, but this also covers all the staff and to Kate the manageress I cannot thank them all enough for what they do.Thank you all.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Having visited a friend of mine a few years ago, I would recommend the Feng Shui Care Home without hesitation. I found the staff extremely helpful and caring. The home was warm and clean and my friend was very happy with the care. The food served was, in her words, 'that you'd get at a first class hotel' It was lovely to see that the carers took residents out for little trips and kept them active with games, puzzles and entertainment. The attention to detail was evident, my friend was treated with the utmost dignity and felt comfortable and at care home.

Feng Shui House Care Home

I thoroughly recommend Feng Shui House Care Home, as my mother is a resident in this home. The staff are very friendly considerate and help the food is excellent. Kate has helped us in lots of ways she was very supportive at a time we needed it. Excellent home all round we can't thank her enough.

Feng Shui House Care Home

We visited a number of Care Homes in this area and were impressed by Kate and we haven`t been disappointed. She filled us with confidence about the care we could expect. Her staff are extremely welcoming and our friend who is in the home is always commenting on their attention towards him. The general hygiene and cleanliness are superb. The rooms are also in the same condition. There is no television in the lounge area so that when you do visit there is no distraction or excessive background disturbance. Best of all refreshments are always on offer if you want them.

Feng Shui House Care Home

It was noticeable how spotless the place was, yet at the same time there was a warm and cheerful atmosphere. The staff were friendly and unhurried and could be easily identified by their uniforms, so you felt confident that you were not approaching another visitor when you needed to ask about something.

Feng Shui House Care Home

An outstanding care home. Very friendly and efficient. A member of my family had respite care here. Kate the Manager was fabulous and very caring and nurturing, nothing was too much trouble. The care home is of a very high standard and food looked fantastic. As well as being very clean the home has a lovely feel and all residents were very happy. I would highly recommend this care home to anyone looking for respite or care on a more long term basis.

Feng Shui House Care Home

My mother has Alzheimers and needs specialist care. The Feng Shui staff supply this in abundance, whilst giving my mother the companionship and mental stimulus she needs. My mother has nothing but good words to say about the staff. My wife and I can not thank the them enough.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Professionalism and genuine care all the way.
My Aunt recently stayed at Feng Shui House for a period of restbite care. The staff and owner are a team of genuinely passionate people who have a gift for looking after our loved ones. My Aunt was immediately relaxed, happy and looking forward to her "holiday". My aunt had insisted that we brought some of her jewelry along for her holiday but thankfully the staff very sensitively mentioned that it was strictly against the "house rules" as guests could easily mislay valuables, everything was pre paid and we should just leave a small amount of change. Fortunately this was accepted by auntie and we all had tea and biscuits before making our way. The weeks passed with only praise for all the staff, I would not hesitate to recommend this establishment to anyone.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Thoroughly enjoying my move to the Feng Shui. Have been out lots of times. Vegetarian great food. Good company. Lovely rooms. Staff can't do enough. Kate more than happy to help.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Recommended by my customers, family and friends.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Staying for 3 weeks while my flat was being redecorated/renovated. Very clean and modern. Good food. Lovely rooms.

Feng Shui House Care Home

The girls that work here are great, food is plentiful with everything you want to eat, it doesn't matter what you want you can have it. Activities are three days a week and guests can come when they want.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff and owner lovely. The food is fantastic I can't speak highly enough they fill every need. I will come back again.

Feng Shui House Care Home

I like my room it is large and airy. I like my food and the staff a good. I would definitely recommend to others well treated by all the staff.

Feng Shui House Care Home

I think the world of this home. The reviews are as they say they are. The food is great, the staff are lovely. My grandson found them on the internet they can't do any more than they are doing for us.

Feng Shui House Care Home

After searching for a 'good' care home for a number of weeks, we came across Feng Shui on the promenade in Blackpool and the attraction was instant. From the minute we rang the doorbell to the minute my mother in law moved in, we were extremely impressed. Now 4 weeks on and I can honestly say it's the best thing we ever did. She is happy, entertained and extremely well looked after.

Feng Shui House Care Home

lovely caring staff. Mum very happy there. Staff know what they are doing and the home has a lovely feel about it very clean and food lovely. Hairdressing, nails. My mum's room is lovely and the home is on the sea front so it's like being on holiday.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Standard of care is very high and the staff care and you know it.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Delighted with the standard of care. Staff were very professional and friendly. Highly recommend this care home.

Feng Shui House Care Home

My gran has enjoyed her stay very much.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Warm and caring atmosphere. Clean bright and welcoming.

Feng Shui House Care Home

The staff are excellent, the care I receive is good. The food is great. It's so clean with a big comfy bed, my room is huge.

Feng Shui House Care Home

I have always declined the offer to write a comment as I wanted to have plenty of time to view all aspects of the care in this home, I am an ex RGN 87 years of age, there is very little I can find fault with regarding food, care, atmosphere, outings and consideration for everyone in this home, I have chosen to stay permanently.

Feng Shui House Care Home

I have enjoyed my stay; the staff are very nice and caring. Plenty of choice of food and I've no complaints at all.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Best food I've had. The staff are wonderful, always willing to help me. The staff always make me laugh even when I don't feel like it. I couldn't be looked after any better.

Feng Shui House Care Home

The food is good/very good, any request is met. Staff courteous.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Warm and welcoming atmosphere, great food - what more could you ask for? It's like being on holiday. After viewing a lot of care homes for my Dad this was the best and far more superior. I can rest easy now that I know he is getting the best care and attention.

Feng Shui House Care Home

Kate and her staff have gone to extraordinary lengths to accommodate mum. With the best will in the world mum is not easy to deal with and this, plus a lack of support by social services made for a difficult transition. However with the outstanding care and patience shown to her, mum is settling down and we can see that she is in a clean, safe and cheerful environment. I cannot adequately express my gratitude.

Feng Shui House Care Home

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a couple of years ago but had steadfastly refused to move out of her home into care or even acknowledge she has a problem. She became a danger to herself and we had to act. The Feng Shui accepted mum, helped her to adjust, and have offered her nothing but kindness and understanding. For the first time in years, my mum is calm and content. My brother and I were in the depths of despair, Feng Shui have performed miracles. This care home is wonderful.

Feng Shui House Care Home

We looked at other care homes but knew straight away that this was the right one for him. Kate and the other staff are very welcoming and he has settled in well. It is a comfort for us to know he is in the best environment possible.

Submit a Review for Feng Shui House Care Home

January 2013

Investors in People

Recipient: Feng Shui House Care Home

Date: Wednesday 02 Jan 2013

There are no jobs posted yet for Feng Shui House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Feng Shui House Care Home