Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Feng Shui House Care Home, Blackpool, Lancashire
Feng Shui House Care Home
Feng Shui House Care Home

Feng Shui House, in Blackpool, offers a warm and comfortable environment, with luxury bedrooms and its own therapy centre, in order to achieve high standards of residential care and a satisfying and comfortable lifestyle.

Therapies available can include reflexology, vortex healing, crystal healing, Indian head massage and hot stone massage, while a gentle exercise programme keeps all residents physically active.

Respect and independence are central to the care home's aims, with personalised care plans and regular medication audits making sure services are satisfying and of a consistently high standard.

Owner: Ms Kate Burns

Person in charge: Marea Preston (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Blackpool Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 17 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 60 to 110.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £325 – £500

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Feng Shui House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Feng Shui House Care Home

(Large Single - En-suite with showers in every room. Investors in People registered)
posted 17 Mar 2014

February 2014

January 2013

Investors in People

Date: Wednesday 02 Jan 2013

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.9 for Feng Shui House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Anita Haigh (Wife of Resident)

My husband has settled very well and it is so very friendly. Every member of staff couldn't do anymore to help or assist. He enjoys all his meals. He has a lovely and the cleanliness right through the home is great. There is no TV in the ground floor lounge this makes for more social atmosphere and able to partake in entertainment and activities.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Nouille Haigh (Resident)

The staff are excellent, the care I receive is good. The food is great. It's so clean with a big comfy bed, my room is huge.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 6 February 2014 by Manjorie Banks (Resident)

I have always declined the offer to write a comment as I wanted to have plenty of time to view all aspects of the care in this home, I am an ex RGN 87 years of age, there is very little I can find fault with regarding food, care, atmosphere, outings and consideration for everyone in this home, I have chosen to stay permanently.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 5 February 2014 by Margaret G (Respite)

I have enjoyed my stay; the staff are very nice and caring. Plenty of choice of food and I've no complaints at all.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Tuesday 4 February 2014 by Derek Ritchie (Resident)

Best food I've had. The staff are wonderful, always willing to help me. The staff always make me laugh even when I don't feel like it. I couldn't be looked after any better.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 2 January 2014 by Bernard Davis (3 Months respite)

The food is good/very good, any request is met. Staff courteous.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 2 January 2014 by Peter T (Son of resident)

Warm and welcoming atmosphere, great food - what more could you ask for? It's like being on holiday. After viewing a lot of care homes for my Dad this was the best and far more superior. I can rest easy now that I know he is getting the best care and attention.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by Peter Seddon (Son of resident)

Kate and her staff have gone to extraordinary lengths to accommodate mum. With the best will in the world mum is not easy to deal with and this, plus a lack of support by social services made for a difficult transition. However with the outstanding care and patience shown to her, mum is settling down and we can see that she is in a clean, safe and cheerful environment. I cannot adequately express my gratitude.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 21 November 2013 by Christine Seddon (Daughter of resident)

My mother was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a couple of years ago but had steadfastly refused to move out of her home into care or even acknowledge she has a problem. She became a danger to herself and we had to act. The Feng Shui accepted mum, helped her to adjust, and have offered her nothing but kindness and understanding. For the first time in years, my mum is calm and content. My brother and I were in the depths of despair, Feng Shui have performed miracles. This care home is wonderful.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Saturday 21 September 2013 by Brenda Holden (Sister-in-law to care home resident)

We looked at other care homes but knew straight away that this was the right one for him. Kate and the other staff are very welcoming and he has settled in well. It is a comfort for us to know he is in the best environment possible.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Friday 23 August 2013 by Derek Ryden (Resident)

Comfortable beds, lovely company, and great food! I think my son made a good choice for a care home. I have no complaints at all, very pleased with his choice - I am not known to be easily pleased.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 11 July 2013 by Carole Parker (Daughter of resident)

Good food. Lovely place. Top class nursing home. Excellent care facilities.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 26 June 2013 by Lily Bates (Respite resident)

This is an excellent care home, I am satisfied with surroundings and quality of service. I would definitely come again. I am here on respite. They really do care here. Food - everything you want, they ask you what you want.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Monday 17 June 2013 by Janet M (Daughter of Resident)

Feng Shui House provides a very good standard of care for elderly people. It was a lovely bright and clean home, with very pleasant staff.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 12 June 2013 by Jean F (Resident)

I would recommend this home to anyone - the staff are very helpful and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. Music hall events are marvellous. Family and friends made very welcome. Superb food. We always have a good laugh at night if wide awake with Kate. All have good sense of humour. I want to stay here now even though I wanted to go near to home which is St Annes.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 12 June 2013 by Alice H (Resident)

I was aware of this ladies ability to care for her residents in the last home she owned. When I heard she had opened another 10 years later it was the right time for me to be cared for so I knew what I was going into. The care is superb and the entertainment is every week. Food quantity, quality and choice is all you could ask for.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 12 June 2013 by George Thurman (Resident)

I am surprised this home is not full. I have been treated exceptionally well by the staff. Excellent range of foods to satisfy anyone's desire. I find the actual building clean, it presents a wonderful stay. I am delighted to have found this particular home. The owner Kate is a genuine carer, wonderful lady, no nonsense, good humour.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Tuesday 16 April 2013 by Eveline Porter (Resident)

Confused on arrival as I wasn't sure why I was here. Delighted with the care. They even bought an electric piano so I can sing. Lovely girls.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Monday 15 April 2013 by Graham S (Resident)

Recently moved from a home that had closed down. This was the best move ever. They care in this home and clothes get washed. As soon as I arrived my hair was cut I was showered and had good food. The entertainment carers cannot do enough for you, plenty of interaction.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Tuesday 2 April 2013 by Margaret Capeling (Resident)

Lovely relaxed and extremely caring atmosphere. Food is excellent in choice and quantity. Position of the home is excellent. Happy to have found this care home. Care is the key here.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 28 February 2013 by Susan C (Daughter of resident)

Found the manageress to be helpful, caring and considerate. My mother said the food was excellent. Will definitely place her in this rest home again. The staff very obliging.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Friday 15 February 2013 by Yurek Solecki (Resident)

Very good with the care and TLC. Very prompt with washing, medication and meals etc. I would recommend it to anybody and will extol its virtues to anyone interested. I am still resident at present.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Thursday 14 February 2013 by Diane Hammond (Daughter of resident)

After visiting numerous nursing homes which was an eye opening experience we viewed the Feng Shui House ,straight away we knew this was where we felt happy and comfortable for our Mum to stay for respite. It is like walking into a 5 star hotel as you enter the door. The first thing i noticed straight away there were no awful odours !! The decor is light and airy not a bit like the usual nursing home. There's a lovely bar for the residents if they fancy a drink. The lounge is lovely and homely and looks out over the promenade ,so you can do some people watching. The bedrooms are all gorgeous and very comfortable with matching drapes and bedding with a lovely en-suite area. We found the staff are all marvelous very friendly and they are so attentive to make the residents comfortable and fulfill their needs. My Mother has had respite in other places and always said she didn't like it and the food was awful and was unhappy , but she is always praising the food and staff at The Feng Shui House I wouldn't hesitate to recommend The Feng Shui House

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 13 February 2013 by Terry (son)

First class care home spotlessly clean very caring staff my mother has been looked very well nothing too much trouble. After spending days looking for somewhere nice for my mother this is the only place I have been which I would be happy to stay in myself , The rooms are spacious and very comfortable, TV, fridge, en suite and very clean, My mother is very happy with care received by the staff and enjoys the food. This Care home is a must if you are viewing somewhere for a family member you won't be disappointed.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Friday 1 February 2013 by Denise Marsh (Daughter of resident)

Having looked around a number of care homes and being disappointed and uncomfortable at the idea of putting mum in there, it was like a breath of fresh air when I saw the Feng Shui. It was a feeling of home from home. Not your typical home. Mum has all the needs she requires. It is very friendly. Nothing is too much trouble. I would highly recommend the Feng Sui for respite or permanent care.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Tuesday 18 December 2012 by David Moul (son of resident)

I live in the Isle of Wight/Wales and the company I work for offered to transfer me to Blackpool for a couple of months to complete a project. I care for my mother so I looked on line for a Care Home in the area to take Mum short term while I was working there. I viewed a couple that appeared on line to be suitable, but on arrival they weren’t what they seemed at all. Just as I was thinking I would have to decline the move, which would have lost me a lot of money. Just by chance I was on the Promenade looking for a hotel to stay in, when I came across the Feng Shui House Care Home, we went in had a look around and I told them why I was in the town, not only did they meet my needs for Mum in every way imaginable they said they would put me up for the night while I went round finding accommodation for myself. Mum was happy, she has all her faculties and didn’t want the average run of the mill Care Home, what we found was more like a hotel and a good one at that, the only difference being all the staff are trained in caring for the elderly. I even got to go on their toning tables and got a haircut while I was there. Well done to Melanie and her staff, this is truly a different concept in care. It apparently has only recently opened, so there aren’t that many people in it, though I doubt that will be the case for long, good luck for the future and thank you once again, for taking care of Mum for me.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Monday 12 November 2012 by Margaret N (Daughter of Resident)

On looking round for a rest home for my mother we could not find anything suitable. Mum is 92 years young and her brain is very active, but she needs 24/7 care because I cannot look after mum any more. This care home was recommended and has been a godsend to me and the family. We think that most care homes would have given up on mum by now but not the Feng Shui House. Thank you very much.

Review of Feng Shui House Care Home on Wednesday 3 October 2012 by GAIL BLYTH (daughter in law of resident)

My mother in law has recently moved into the Feng Shui House, I feel I have to make a comment on here after visiting her this weekend!! On arriving at the home, we were greeted by a lovely young man, who offered us tea and coffee and was made to feel instantly at ease. The homes décor is fabulous and not what I expected to see in a retirement home, the 1st thing that stands out is the cream marble tables and gold chairs, that lead down to the beautifully lit bar area, where there's every drink you can imagine available. We were escorted up to Mum's room, again to my surprise the room was open plan with a beautiful airy feel, stunning bedding and an en-suite second to none, as well as being able to see straight out to sea. Mum had said she had just been fed lunch, that was beautiful and she had really enjoyed all the food she'd had, and that they would always make her something special if she asked. All in all I have changed my opinion of what I thought a retirement home was going to be, and I'm booking a place for myself!!LOL congratulations to Mrs Burns and her staff for making our visit enjoyable and good luck for your continuing success.

Submit a Recommendation for Feng Shui House Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Feng Shui House Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Feng Shui House Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Feng Shui House Care Home