St Fillans Care Centre, Colchester, Essex

St Fillans Care Centre in St Fillan Road, Colchester is from the portfolio of Excel Care, a premier care provider.

Opened by the Mayor of Colchester Christopher Arnold on May 24th 2012, this light, airy spacious building is beautifully decorated and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

The home offers a variety of accommodation from garden rooms on the ground floor to a first floor apartment for a couple.

A hardworking and attentive team really focus on the needs of residents treating them as the individuals they are.

Staff care for those people requiring either residential or nursing care as well as people living with Dementia.

Situated in the peaceful residential area of St Johns in Colchester, St Fillans is literally a few minutes’ drive from Ipswich Road and the A12.

Please don’t hesitate to contact should you wish any further information, a friendly team will be happy to help you in any way they can.

Group: Excelcare Holdings

Person in charge: Janet Beacham (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 71 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on St Fillans Care Centre: click here

Review Score: 9 (9.021)

The user 'Review Score' ( 9 for St Fillans Care Centre) is based on 12 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

St Fillans Care Centre

The care my husband has received in St Fillans in the nursing home, I highly recommend. It's very clean, the food is excellent. The staff are so caring, nothing to too much trouble, always pleasant and always speak to myself and my daughter when we visit. Even the staff in the reception area are so nice and always have time to speak to us. The manager is also very nice and have time to say hello and come out of her office to speak to us. I would recommend St Fillans.

St Fillans Care Centre

My 48 year old daughter became a resident in march 2014, being so young we found it very difficult to find her a home. My daughter has deteriorated over the last few years after having a brain tumour, she is now unable to walk and has very little mobility, speech and she is doubley incontinent. We feel we couldn't have found a better home for her, the staff look after her with love and care. We are always welcome at any time, as my daughter has a husband and son it has been very difficult, my grandson visits his mother all the time, the staff make him feel at home. We love all the staff and see them with the older residents who are treated with love and respect.

St Fillans Care Centre

My husband has been a resident of St Fillans since may 2014. He suffers with Bensons Syndrome, and Parkinsons with Lewy bodies. In my opinion the care my husband has received has been far above all my expectations, from management, nursing and care staff all have done their very best. To keep my husband clean, comfortable and as happy as possible. I can never thank them enough and will be forever grateful that we found St Fillians.

St Fillans Care Centre

The staff at St Fillans are all friendly and caring to their residents and also their families. The care is excellent, the carers treat the residents with respect and dignity and are always willing to help and comfort the residents. They treat the residents as friends and have a laugh and a joke with them. Couldn't have placed my wife in a better care home and I thank everyone at St Fillans for looking after and caring for her so well.

How likely would you be to recommend St Fillans Care Centre? Extremely likely

Janet Beacham, Home Manager at St Fillans Care Centre responded to this review on 23 Jul 2015:

We now have a new activities co-ordinator who has developed a fabulous programme of group and 1:1 activities. We welcome residents and relatives input at meetings to ensure we are meeting their needs.

St Fillans Care Centre

My mother who is 91 has been at St Fillans for nearly three years and we have found the level of care to be excellent. During her time here she has had several health problems which have been dealt with very well. She can be quite difficult at times due to her dementia, but the staff cope with this in a very professional manner. We have no worries how she is looked after, which gives us peace of mind.

St Fillans Care Centre

My husband came into nursing care after breaking his hip and the hospital said I could not look after him as his needs were now too great. I had nursed him at home for 4 years with dementia. I found the care and carers at St Fillans to be excellent. He was able to stay downstairs for a few months and enjoyed the musical afternoons, but eventually had to be moved to the nursing floor, lovely room and constant supervision and care.

St Fillans Care Centre

My mother has been a resident at St Fillans for nearly three years. In that time she has been treated with the utmost of care and compassion. The staff are always helpful and conscientious and able to deal with my mother's medical and dementia needs in a very professional manner. I have no concerns whatsoever.

St Fillans Care Centre

Before my father came to St Fillans we were very concerned about his welfare. We cannot believe the improvement in him since arriving and we are very content knowing that he is in such good hands, the manager Janet and all the staff are so caring.

St Fillans Care Centre

My brother had two stays in the care homes prior to the St.Fillians care centre, he wasn't happy and didn't settle. Now Excel Care are very caring and understand his needs. Thank you.

St Fillans Care Centre

I have always been impressed by the patience and dignity with which residents are treated by the staff, they take a genuine interest in them and their families. The food is varied and palatable, residents are given appropriate help with feeding if required. My sister has quite advanced dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend St Fillans Care Centre? Likely

St Fillans Care Centre

I chose to use individual words to describe the overall experience. * Consistency - Throughout the whole period at the home. * High level of support - Neutered in spite of differing moods/ dementia moods. * Dignity - Margaret has enhanced this in spite of differing circumstances. * Staff - Regular visitors 3 times per week, Excellent signs of progress, skills and experience. * Cleanliness - Excellent.

St Fillans Care Centre

Lovely home. Mum has settled in very well, 100% better than the previous home mum was in. The staff are so lovely, from the time you walk through the door. Its good to see Mum take part in activities, such as painting and needlecraft, also to see mum having her hair done. Keep up the great work to all at St Fillans.

Submit a Review for St Fillans Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for St Fillans Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for St Fillans Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Fillans Care Centre