Barchester Harper Fields, Coventry, West Midlands
Barchester Harper Fields
Barchester Harper Fields

Barchester Harper Fields provides first class 24-hour general nursing and residential care, as well as expert care for those living with dementia in our Memory Lane Community.

Our team is committed to providing professional and respectful care and maintaining Barchester's exceptional standards. In discussion with you, our team creates a tailor-made care plan which is regularly updated, we recognise that no two people are the same and our care is tailored to your personal preferences, lifestyle, and medical history.

Our Memory Lane Community provides supportive care for people living with dementia and related challenges with memory. Our care delivery is 'person first' in its nature and philosophy, that is to say, we continue to see the person before we see their dementia. Memory Lane is uniquely built upon personalised values; to provide a comfortable, safe and familiar environment, promote self-esteem, encourage independence, support life skills and individuality, and enable freedom of choice.

Group: Barchester Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Janet Hutchinson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 80 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Barchester Harper Fields: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Barchester Harper Fields

(1 Residential, 2 Memory Lane)
posted 15 Aug 2014

March 2013

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.9 for Barchester Harper Fields) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 14 August 2014 by Margaret C (Wife of Respite Resident)

Very professional and reassuring care made to feel very welcome which made it more comforting to leave my husband on his first respite experience. He enjoyed all his meals and I would be happy to use Harper Fields in the future. A little more expensive than others in the area but still very good value for the money.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 12 August 2014 by David W (Son of resident)

We needed respite care at short notice for my 92 year old mother. She stayed 3 weeks and was looked after in an exemplary manner. I cannot fault any aspect of the whole process.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 4 August 2014 by Sheend G (Daughter of Resident)

This is a very efficient and caring home. The staff are excellent and provide sensitive and appropriate care sometimes under difficult circumstances. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for specialist dementia care for relative or friend.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 31 July 2014 by Michael Goodenough (Advisor to resident)

Lovely people, genuine care, hotel 4* standards, clean and friendly. Lots of opportunity to join in activities, privacy and tailored care. Highly recommended and well thought of in local community. Expensive so not available to all but a lucky few.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 28 July 2014 by Celia T (Daughter of Resident)

All the care has been superlative! Really has put my mind at rest. Thank you.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Gladys B (Resident)

I like it all. I love the food, the care and attention. I want to get better and enjoy myself even more. There's good entertainment. The mens choir sound of three spices were lovely in particular. I wont be packing my bags any time soon.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Gladys M (Resident)

Much better than I expected. I settled within a month. I like the girls the care and the food. The entertainment is good, always something to do. I like the concerts and musician best. Particularly Rani and Nisar, Bollywodd dance company.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Helen E (Daughter of respite client)

Dad had a really enjoyable fortnight in Harper Fields as a respite client. I was able to have a relaxing holiday in the knowledge that dad was being looked after by caring staff in a wonderful environment. Hopefully we will be able to book another respite stay in the future. Super care home.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 10 July 2014 by Janet C (Wife of Resident)

Harper Fields was recommended to me through a friend, who herself and her husband came for respite and told me how wonderful it was. My Husband has been here since November 2013, and it is a wonderful unit in every way. The staff and everything about it is marvellous and I'm so happy my husband is under their care.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 31 March 2014 by Olive C (Resident)

I would recommend this home. It is everything you could need when you have to give up your home.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 27 March 2014 by Dorothy Davidson (Resident)

I had a very good and well cared for fortnight at Harper Fields after an operation on my shoulder. It was a well needed rest and the staff couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful to ensure I came home feeling a lot better and able to cope for myself. I would recommend this care home to anyone who needs a rest or looking after. Well done to everyone involved!

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 14 March 2014 by David (A relative is resident in Harper Fields)

My elderly Aunt (vascular dementia) became a resident in October 2012 and ever since has been extremely happy with the Home and the attention she receives. Daily activities, exercises and trips out keep all residents alert. The Harper Fields team is always prepared to discuss any issues that may arise and very transparent with family relatives. Relatives can visit any time they wish. Quarterly Family Meetings give relatives an opportunity to discuss issues about the Home and receive briefings of developments. Nothing but praise for the organisation.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 7 March 2014 by Kenneth Foxley (POA for and nephew of Care Home Resident)

My Aunty has settled in more quickly than we could have hoped for and is happy (she would let us all know if she wasn't!)

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 4 March 2014 by Eileen Breeze (My mother is a resident)

My mother originally went into Harper Fields for respite. Yet after only a couple of days, she was so settled and happy, as we were as a family. I myself do not keep good health, one of my sisters is in nursing and consequently works long shifts, the other sister lives in America part of the year and down South part of the year. With having my mother settled and so happy in Harpers we do not feel we have to be visiting her twice a day as we know that she is not only getting round the clock care but should we be needed at any time the wonderful staff will look after her until our arrival. How do I praise the staff, I personally cannot single out one person as they are all so good, the wonderful team of carers, and the activities team are kept very busy with an amazing array of concerts, outings in the homes mini bus to some wonderful interesting places, Rachael who took care of our mothers and ours introduction to Harpers and everyone who we come into contact with on a daily basis. Everyone knows all of the visitors' names, and we are always greeted by smiles by everyone we meet on the journey to mother's room. I know mother originally went in for respite but I do not think we could prise her out of Harpers with a shoe horn now. It is great for us as a family to know that our mother's final days (hopefully not for a long long time) will be spent being surrounded by so many caring, thoughtful and "special" people. I cannot speak highly enough of Harpers Field and am so glad we found them. God Bless you all. Eileen

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 20 February 2014 by David Phillips (Husband of resident)

Great facilities and staff attitude in general. I feel my wife is safe and well cared for. She is on the dementia unit and the majority of staff can manage her behaviour.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 20 December 2013 by lynda Larsen (Daughter)

Since my mother arrived she has received excellent care. The nursing staff interact well with my mother and at all times treat her with respect and dignity, as well as talking to her when she is in communal areas. Mother is always nicely dressed, hair done, jewelry on and is kept clean and has good personal hygiene (despite being incontinent). Mother enjoys the comfort and surroundings of the home as well as meals that are freshly prepared and served in a dining area.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 9 December 2013 by Mellisa D (Wife of resident)

From the first time you enter, through the doors there is a wonderful homely presence. Always very welcoming, with tea, coffee and beautiful cakes. There's always someone to raise your spirits when you are feeling down. The décor and detail that has been taken into this home downstairs and also in memory lane is truly outstanding, which shines in all carers and other people that work there. Really can't recommend this home highly enough it's truly the best home around.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Wednesday 4 December 2013 by James M (Son of resident)

Mother stayed for a 2 week respite period. Staff were extremely good and professional. The building is immaculately clean, safe and pleasant. Food and hotel side were also an excellent standard.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 26 November 2013 by A Whateley (Daughter of Service User (Respite))

The staff are so kind and so caring, giving families so much attention and support up and beyond you would expect from a nursing home. The love and dedication that was shown to my Dad during the final days of his life will remain in our hearts. If he could not have been in his own home there was no other place he would rather have been.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 22 November 2013 by Alan Smyth (Service user)

I was a resident for 10 weeks following extensive and unusual hip surgery. I was very immobile on admission, but now walk quite well with aid. The staff were excellent in helping me get mobile again.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 7 November 2013 by Geraldine E (Daughter of resident)

I was very impressed with how welcoming and helpful the staff were when I inquired about respite care for my mother and whilst she was staying at Harper Fields. The boxes below were filled in by me but my mother chose the options. I would certainly choose Harper Fields if my mother needs further respite or permanent care.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 29 October 2013 by Mark T (Son of residents (both parents are here))

Beautiful location surrounded by countryside and lovely internal courtyard and external gardens. Safe and secure. Wonderful internal decor to 'Memory Lane' (dementia care unit) with open plan, friendly, and relaxed atmosphere. Fantastic, caring, enthusiastic, and motivated staff. Clean and tidy. Superb wholesome meals, drinks, and cakes! Relatives made so welcome and involved.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 22 October 2013 by John L (Son of Resident)

The ethos of Barchester Care Homes is that everyone has the right to a good quality of life. Harper fields exemplifies this spirit. This is a new establishment and all the staff I have spoken to consider it to be the best they have worked in and never want to leave. I did extensive research before settling on Harper Fields for my mother. It is the best in Warwickshire and is expensive, but great value for money.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 22 October 2013 by Sarah Openshaw (Daughter of resident)

My father has dementia. Staff have 'bent over backwards' in order to make my father feel comfortable and relaxed here. He is always treated with dignity, and even though he is now unable to express his thoughts well, they still treat him with the greatest of respect. I feel very fortunate to have found this home for my dad.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 19 September 2013 by Mandy Reynolds (Daughter of resident)

My father spent 6 months in this care home. Staff were very welcoming and offered our family lots of emotional support. My father was so well cared for here. Meals were of excellent quality. Rooms were comfortable and very clean. Activities were fantastic and kept him entertained, and they had an open-door policy which allowed us to visit whenever we liked. Fantastic stay for my father.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Wednesday 11 September 2013 by Zena N (Wife of service user)

I was in hospital for 3 weeks so my husband came in for respite care. I then followed him into the home. I had a physiotherapy course, and recommended a course to him, which improved him immediately! Everyone we encountered was very kind and respectful. The home has the most peaceful surroundings to help us get back on the road to recovery. I strongly recommend to all.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 29 August 2013 by Celia T (Daughter of resident)

My mother's care has been excellent. Carers all very caring and involved with residents.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 19 August 2013 by Doreen Woodford (Friend of resident)

Harper Fields was officially opened 18/09/12 and my dear friend moved in 04/10/12. Prior to that she had been in two care homes further away from her home here in Balsall Common. What a wonderful move this has proved. The manager, Miss Caroline Ward, is first class, and all her staff have been appointed and trained with such care. It is such a happy place where the residents are looked after with so much love and kindness. Their friends and families are welcomed with equal kindness and friendship. I visit frequently, so not only know many of the elderly residents but the staff too. Without exception they are all full of life and happy. The residents enjoy the many activities arrabged for their pleasure in such lovely surroundings.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 16 August 2013 by Mary Pollard (Daughter of respite resident)

My mother has recently had three periods of respite care at Harper Fields. The care and attention she received during these periods was excellent. All the staff have been really lovely and the help and advice I received from Rachel Mackay was second to none.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 15 August 2013 by Sally Taylor (Daughter of resident)

My mother moved into Harperfields on the 1st November, 2012. This was a brand new home which opened in September 2012. I had looked at several homes before this one but soon realised it 'ticked all the boxes'. The home has become a 'well-oiled machine' with my mother settling in well. The facilities are perfect for my mum and the staff are friendly and caring. I would not hesitate to highly recommend the care home. It was a relief that, this year when I went on holiday, I wouldn't worry about her and knew that she was safe while I could relax and enjoy my holiday break.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Tuesday 6 August 2013 by J. Higgs (Friends of Resident)

Mrs Cynthia fell. Very well cared for.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 15 April 2013 by Iris C (Wife)

My husband is a resident of the above care home.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 4 March 2013 by Mark H (Son of respite resident)

The home was excellent and very nicely furnished, and had a comfortable atmosphere. The staff were extremely professional and caring. The price was high but it actually felt worth it for the experience. The care provided overall was very reassuring.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 8 February 2013 by Jane Rudge (Niece of resident)

I would highly recommend. An outstanding care home. The staff are very caring and compassionate and provide excellent nursing care. Very well equipped rooms, fantastic and very clean in a homely environment. Harper Fields provides a lovely caring environment where everybody's needs are met to an outstanding level, nothing is too much trouble.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 28 January 2013 by Susan Hulatt (Niece of resident)

Exceptional service, accommodation and staff.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 4 January 2013 by A Whateley (Daughter of service user (respite))

My Dad attended for 2 weeks respite in October. This was his first respite since having a stroke and he was a little apprehensive about being away from home but realised my mum (his carer) needed a rest. Even before he arrived the staff were fantastic, constantly reassuring my mum and answering all her questions. He was treated like royalty from the moment he arrived. The staff could not do enough for him. The food was excellent, they had ongoing activities and made sure his every need was met. They even took him out to visit a garden centre after finding out that gardening had been his hobby prior to the stroke. The rooms were decorated to a very high standard and the gardens were immaculate with seating areas which will be lovely in the summer. Visitors were also well looked after and made to feel like they were 'at home' - there is even a kitchen for visitors with hot/cold drinks and cake available (which my daughter enjoyed on more than 1 occasion!). He was also invited back to their Christmas Concert which he thoroughly enjoyed and gave him an opportunity to catch up with the lovely staff and residents. I would highly recommend Harper Fields and my Dad will be going back for respite in the very near future.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Thursday 3 January 2013 by Alexandra S (Daughter of resident)

Very high quality furnishings and decoration. Harper Fields looks and feels like a hotel. There is an extensive and stimulating programme of events and activities. The nursing staff are caring efficient. The carers are kind and attentive to the needs of the residents. The food is good.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 17 December 2012 by Glyn Evans (Son of resident)

Mum settled far quicker than we had hoped. Harpers Fields (Barchester) is definitely 5*. Facilities and care are first class. I would not hesitate to recommend the care home.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Friday 7 December 2012 by Maria Avery (Wife of Resident)

Quality of care and fun.

Review of Barchester Harper Fields on Monday 19 November 2012 by Mike S (Husband of resident)

Excellent accommodation. Kind caring staff. Great food choice. Very impressive. Easily the best nursing home/care home I have ever seen.

Submit a Recommendation for Barchester Harper Fields

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Barchester Harper Fields and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Care Assistant

Kitchen Assistant

Weekend Activities Assistant

to be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Housekeeping/Laundry assistant

Volunteer

0.00

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Voluntary)

30 Jul 2014

Registered General Nurse (RGN)

£To be Discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Registered Nurse (RMN)

£12.50 per hour

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Janet

Janet Hutchinson

Janet is a Registered Nurse and has been managing Barchester homes for 17 years. It is like one big happy family here at Harper Fields, which helps provide the much needed continuity of care for our residents and helps to maintain a friendly happy home. Janet is proud to encourage a relaxed atmosphere in the Home and encourage residents to invite family and friends to visit whenever they are free.

Rita

Rita Kaur

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Deputy Manager Rita is a clinical Deputy and will be the clinical lead for Harper Fields. Rita will manage the nurses and care staff at Harper Fields. Rita will assist the General Manager with the management of Harper Fields. Rita will monitor the delivery of high quality care to all residents and strive to continually improve on services delivered at Harper Fields.

Ajit

Ajit Matharu

Job Title: Head of Memory Lane – Epsom Suite

Ajit will manage all aspects of the delivery of care to residents. The emphasis will be on developing, monitoring and auditing professional standards to ensure consistently high qualities of care are provided.

Rory

Rory Bates

Job Title: Head of Memory Lane – Windsor Suite

Rory will manage all aspects of the delivery of care to residents. The emphasis will be on developing, monitoring and auditing professional standards to ensure consistently high qualities of care are provided.

Rachel

Rachel Mackay

Job Title: Home Services Advisor

Rachel's role is to plan and carry out direct sales activities for Harper Fields. Develop relationships with local community groups, stakeholders, commissioners and other agencies. Meet move in targets as agreed with the General Manager. Manage the customer and contact databases, together with development and marketing plans.

Garry

Garry Walters

Job Title: Maintenance Manager

Garry is responsible for ensuring that the care home, equipment and plants are maintained to a high standard, whilst also remaining fully functional at all times. This will ensure the comfort, safety and wellbeing of all of our residents. Garry will ensure that the grounds and gardens are maintained to a high standard. Garry will be a key contact with external contractors and manage them when they are on site.

Hannah

Hannah Mulholland

Job Title: Activities Organiser

Hannah helps to organise and provide a varied and appropriate programme of activities, based around the needs, wishes and desires of the residents.

Mark

Mark Roberts

Job Title: Head Chef

Mark to provide, manage and develop a high quality catering service to residents, guests and visitors at Harper Fields.

Sarah

Sarah Ravenall

Job Title: Head Housekeeper

Sarah will manage the housekeeping and laundry teams, ensuring that all areas of Harper Fields are clean, tidy, presentable, as well as the residents clothing and bedding. The well being of residents, guests and visitors is paramount for Sarah

Suzanne

Suzanne Bates

Job Title: Admin Assistant

Suzanne provides clerical and administrative support to the Administrator and General Manager. Suzanne meets and greets all visitors to Harper Fields, both on the telephone and face-face.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Barchester Harper Fields