Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice

Owner: Life Style Care plc

Person in charge: Mary Tengenesha (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Luton Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 80 residents

Latest CQC* Report on Moorland Gardens Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Moorland Gardens Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moorland Gardens Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.2 for Moorland Gardens Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Moorland Gardens Care Home on Thursday 9 January 2014 by Hazel Nield (Father is a resident)

My father is a resident at Moorlands and I am a community nurse so I have knowledge of the care homes in the local area. I must say Moorlands is far the best and the only home I feel happy for my father to reside. The home is spotless, has no nasty smells, the decoration is of a high standard and the food is all home made, fresh each day, cooked to the clients individual requirements. The care is the best, professional, kind and caring staff - who notice immediately if things are not as they should be. The clients have an allocated activities worker. I must say in all other care homes I have been horrified with what takes place I visit Moorlands on a daily basis, at different times, throughout the day and evening and I have always been satisfied with what I observe. My father has experienced years of poor care and suffering despite my profession and interaction. My father is very happy at Moorlands and I have confidence that he is safe and cared for to the highest standard. When the later stages arrive it is unsafe to care for your loved one in the home environment. Trust me and to save yourself time and effort, you will find nowhere, near to the standard of Moorlands and many homes with appalling standards of care, unless u can spend many hours at the care homes u will never know what takes place. Do not go by appearances alone as I initially did - saying that Moorlands is by no means of poor standard it is of a very high standard but the most important thing to consider is the staffing levels - without this, good care cannot take place - most have minimum staffing levels. Moorlands have the most staff. The Manager is fantastic and approachable. Trust me go for Moorlands you will not regret it.

Review of Moorland Gardens Care Home on Monday 30 December 2013 by bob hill (my wife was a resident.)

My wife was a resident of Moorland`s from the 7th November until the 14th December 2013. During her time there, she was treated with the utmost dignity & respect, fed well & nursed professionally. Her room was neat, clean & tidy, and felt like a home from home. When she finally succumbed to her illness, the staff were magnificent; they stayed by my wife when she passed, & offered my family & myself a great deal of support. I will never forget their kindness.

Review of Moorland Gardens Care Home on Thursday 31 October 2013 by Rosalind Martin (Daughter of resident)

My father was a resident for only 3 and a half weeks to receive "end of life" care and passed away on 26th October 2013. The staff were very caring and respectful and made my father's last few weeks as comfortable and dignified as possible. They also were very caring and attentive to my sisters and I during such an emotional and distressing time. The facilities and general atmosphere of Moorland Gardens were very warm and pleasant and also very clean.

Review of Moorland Gardens Care Home on Tuesday 29 October 2013 by SALLY HOOKER (Father's Care -William Burrows)

Our father, William, Burrows was a resident at Moorland Gardens for 3 1/2 weeks. He received his end of life care there. The Care that dad received was OUTSTANDING! Dad's condition deteriorated rapidly towards the end and he became very challenging, he needed 24 hr 1 to 1 care. The care staff were amazing, so kind and gentle at all times. Dad's final day Sat 26/10/13 was everything we could have expected and more. We were all treated with the upmost compassion, dignity and privacy. Dad was made very comfortable and looked at peace. So Moorlands, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts and our final day with Dad was amazing. The whole family got to say goodbye.

Submit a Recommendation for Moorland Gardens Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Moorland Gardens Care Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Moorland Gardens Care Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moorland Gardens Care Home

Other Care Homes located nearby to Moorland Gardens Care Home

Click here for information on how to remove the 'other' Care Home listings from your profile page