Hartwood House, Lyndhurst, Hampshire

Hartwood House is a state-of-the-art purpose-designed home set in its own extensive grounds and beautifully landscaped gardens. The bespoke care home has been created through a combination of new construction and the comprehensive refurbishment of a former care home, keeping the exterior and the very best features of the original building. The result is a safe, appealing and comfortable home for its residents which fuses modern innovation and traditional pleasures.

Located in Lyndhurst, the heart of the New Forest, Hartwood House also lies within easy access of the City of Southampton and the South Coast. A fully-trained, compassionate and caring team has created an exceptional residential care home equipped with 50 bedrooms, which can be found throughout the residential floor, the specialist dementia care unit and the bespoke nursing unit. In addition, there are ample spaces inside and out to enjoy both companionship and privacy.

Hartwood House is a family home created with three underlying values at its core. These are care, comfort and companionship.

Group: Hartford Care Ltd

Person in charge: Moira Baxter (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Hartwood House: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Hartwood House) is based on 26 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Hartwood House

The care provided at Hartwood House is second to none. from the manager down. The staff are lovely. They are always cheerful, helpful and kind. My mother absolutely loves living there! We can visit at any time and enjoy sitting with her in the beautiful gardens. The facilities provided, the excellent food and the general atmosphere cant be faulted.

Excellent care
My mother stayed for 11 days respite care whilst we were away. She was very reluctant to go at all, but within hours she had settled in and was made to feel so welcome that we knew she would be happy and therefore we could relax on our week's holiday. When I went to collect her I had to prise her out! She had had a marvelous time. Not only are the surroundings absolutely beautiful, but the staff are wonderful - she loved them all! They could not have taken more care of her; they were so kind and attentive and she wanted for nothing. Because of this I am taking her for a day every month, both for her benefit and mine so that she remembers how much she loves being there when I need another break. I really cannot recommend Hartwood House highly enough!

Hartwood House

Mum has dementia and needed to go into care for her safety. We are very impressed with the staff here and have always had confidence that mum is properly cared for and is happy. Between family members we are frequent visitors. Hazel on Minstead wing is particularly impressive, but all are very good.

Hartwood House

My parents in law spent 2 weeks in respite care in the home and were very happy there. Management and staff are very kind and considerate and I would recommend to any friends.

Hartwood House

Mum is well cared for and encouraged to join in and socialise with other residents. The home is beautiful and immaculately clean and all the staff are very friendly. I would have no hesitation in recommending the home to anyone.

Hartwood House

My mother and father both suffer from Alzheimer's Disease which is very stressful for my sister an myself, who are the main carers for them both. My mother requires help with personal hygiene and is unable to look after herself or my father in he role of housewife, she needs complete care. My father needs help with showering but can get himself dressed. We were recommended to have them go for respite care for two weeks, by our G.P and the team who look after them for their Alzheimer's care. We found this home to be able to provide the same quality, as our home care. Furthermore, they would not be separated after nearly 63 years of marriage.

Hartwood House

I chose Hartwood House for my mother following a short respite stay. She really liked the environment and found the staff very kind and helpful. She moved in from her own home as a permanent resident in March and the staff could not have been more caring in making sure her room was made as homely as possible with her own familiar items and pictures hung on the walls. Having regular communication with her key worker has meant any concerns raised have been dealt with promptly ensuring she has settled very quickly into her new home.

Hartwood House

My sister moved Dad from a care home that we felt was failing to meet his needs. We were most concerned that the trauma of moving would really upset him. On the contrary the excellent kindness and care he received on arrival and since has resulted in him looking happier than he has for a long time. The staff worked quickly to discover what he liked to do, the foods he enjoys and even the music that he enjoys listening to. I am impressed by how dapper how dapper he looks now and feel confident that the move has been entirely positive. (Great staff and a great manager).

Hartwood House

Hartwood is a lovely safe environment, the home is clean, bright and cheerful. The staff are extremely dedicated and caring, nothing is too much trouble and it is clear to see that they genuinely care. We know our mother is safe & secure in their hands.

Hartwood House

My Father is happy in his environment. He is treated with dignity and respect, enjoys the food and activities provided.

Hartwood House

After a year in nursing care at Hartwood, my mother passed away suddenly and peacefully. There is no where else I would rather it had happened. She was in her own room surrounded by people she knew and who were fond of her. The staff who have become good friends of mine were marvellous and made sure I was given all the information and support I needed and that when I went home I was contacted quickly to ensure I would be with mum at the end. When mum went to Hartwood a year ago I hadn't expected her to last more than a month or so. Many many thanks to all the staff on the nursing floor.

Hartwood House

Lovely home well decorated and spotlessly clean. The staff are friendly and make me feel welcome. Mum is dressed well and the staff try hard to engage with her. Expensive as all care homes are but by far the best I could find in the area. They have all the necessary equipment to cater for her needs.

Hartwood House

This Home has a homely atmosphere with a range of different lounges and community areas for the residents to enjoy, including a well stocked library. The staff are caring and responsive, treating the residents with respect and dignity. It feels as though I'm visiting my extended family when I visit. When my Mother had a stroke the staff responded promptly which enabled my Mother to make an excellent recovery, and contacted me immediately which means that I am confident that my Mother is safe.

Hartwood House

My nan is in this care home as she has cancer and is receiving excellent care. I myself work at Woodlands House care home as their chef. All staff are very friendly and the care is to a high standard.

Hartwood House

My mother is in this care home as she has cancer and couldn't be receiving better care. Everyone is especially attentive and Moria Baxter the care home manager is absolutely brilliant, other care homes should take a leaf out of her book. Also its sister care home Woodlands House is equally as good. My daughter works there as a chef, so food is good. These people should be paid more money for looking after our old as its no easy feat.

Hartwood House

I am extremely satisfied with Hartwood House where my husband is in the dementia wing. The carers are all very patient and kind, and do their very best to make their patients as comfortable as possible. The home has a wonderfully calm and friendly atmosphere, and has been furnished with great thought.

Hartwood House

My husband became a resident in September 2013 and we didn't know if he would improve at all, but due to the nursing care and support from the staff, his condition has improved enormously. I would recommend Hartwood House, especially the nursing wing.

Hartwood House

Hartwood house is very pleasant and comfortable. The staff are exceptionally pleasant and helpful. There is nothing that I should improve in the help and care I receive.

Hartwood House

Excellent - would recommend.

Hartwood House

Mum seems very happy indeed. We are happy with the care she receives. The staff are lovely and support mum, with her every. The staff are the reason I don't worry when I leave mum after a visit, I know she is in a good place and in good hands.

Hartwood House

The Care Home provides the support and care that my mother-in-law deserves. I feel that the staff are exceptional with thanks to Hazel and Emily especially. Both my wife and Sister-in-Law are pleased with the care provided and respect and dignity provided by all. Well done all!!

Hartwood House

We can't fault anything about mum's care and feel extremely comfortable that she is given help, stimulation and attention she needs.

Hartwood House

As a family we are very pleased with the care and support our mother receives. We feel that she is treated with dignity and respect and supported to be as independent as she possibly can. We find the staff to be excellent, caring and are like an extended family to our mum.

Hartwood House

I would recommend this care home to others as first impressions are most lasting.

Hartwood House

The care home is excellent, the staff are very friendly towards patients and visitors.

Hartwood House

Hartwood care home is a home from home, it is like having another family. The nurses and carers are so friendly and caring, and put every effort into their residents, making sure they are happy and comfortable. The home speaks for itself. As the name says this place is from the heart, what you see is what you can always rely on. If you would like a nice place for a family member, I would recommend this home.

Hartwood House

Hartwood Care Home is the most wonderful place. They look after their residents with full care. They are loving, understanding, and very caring. It is like a home from home, it is one big family. Their hearts are in the right place as I have my husband there and I could not wish for anything better.

Hartwood House

My father was admitted to Hartford House in a poor state of health. I cannot tell how much we are grateful for the excellent level of care he has received. Already we have seen a noticeable improvement in his health. The rooms are always spotless and my father always looks clean and healthy now.

Submit a Review for Hartwood House

There are no jobs posted yet for Hartwood House

Moria

Moria Baxter

Joined: 2014

Moira was appointed as the Home Manager of Hartwood House in July 2014.

Moira has 30 years experience of working within the care industry including considerable experience working as a Care Home Manager and then a Regional Manager for a large residential care provider.

Moira brings with her a wealth of different skills including a teaching qualification and her Registered Manager's Certificate

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hartwood House