The Potteries, Broadstone, Dorset
The Potteries
The Potteries

Tel: 0333 321 0929

Opened in October 2013, The Potteries is a brand new care home that focuses on professional and personalised care provision, with superb interiors and attractive gardens.

A short drive from the seaside, residents have good access to amenities and independent living, while enjoying a purpose-built facility aimed towards a luxury lifestyle.

Pleasing additions to the home include a contemporary coffee shop, a cinema and a hair salon that is ideal for pampering.

Care UK staff are experienced in nursing and dementia care, with the aim being to get to know each resident's likes, dislikes and history and therefore to support them in the interests they enjoy.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Donna Milne (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Borough of Poole Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 80 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on The Potteries: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by The Potteries

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Potteries

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.1 for The Potteries) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of The Potteries on Thursday 17 July 2014 by Karen R (Daughter of resident)

My mum has recently moved to The Potteries from another home. From the first day I walked through the doors, I could feel the warm and friendly atmosphere. Everyone is so kind and helpful. They made the move for mum so much easier and less stressful. I know that I can walk away after a visit and know that mum is being well cared for.

Submit a Recommendation for The Potteries

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of The Potteries and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Hostess

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

26 Aug 2014

Domestic

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

13 Aug 2014

Care Assistant

Meets National Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

07 Aug 2014

Donna

Donna Milne

Joined: 2013

Donna Milne became manager of The Potteries in June 2013. Here she tells us about the favourite part of her working day.

"I qualified as a nurse in 1999 and spent several years working at Poole Hospital NHS Trust. After leaving the NHS, I became manager of a private nursing home and really enjoyed my new role. I then went on to manage a small group of care homes before spending some time as a commissioning manager for new build homes.

I am always excited by my job and could not imagine working in any other environment. When you work in a care home the residents, their relatives and the team become like a large family.

Walking around the home each day and chatting with residents, relatives and colleagues is my favourite part of the day. I learn so much on my rounds and often these little gems of information can help us improve the way we care for and support residents, making a huge difference to their lives.

For me, being a care home manager is about providing the quality of care and choice I would expect for my own family. I believe it is important to remember that we are guests in the resident’s home and we should respect that and assist everyone to have a happy and fulfilling life."

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Potteries