Job Title: Unit Manager Nurse Add Job to My Folder
Job Setting: Care Home / Nursing Home
Job Category: Nurses
Date Posted: 22 Feb 2012
Job Location: Riverside, Hyde, Greater Manchester
Salary: £13.40 p/h
Hours: Full Time
Contact Name: James Murphy
Job Reference: RCS00110/Rvsd
There are many reasons why people choose to work at Care UK, and even more reasons why many people stay and build a career.
You will have the opportunity to spend real quality time with residents, right from their initial assessment with us. To ensure that the right services are continually delivered to the highest possible standards, you will oversee the care team and be available to them for advice and support.
Our teams of care professionals share our values, their input helps to shape our future and keep patient choice and safety at our core. We’ll share our specialist knowledge with you and you’ll have access to state-of-the-art facilities and opportunities for career development.
• Provide leadership and support for care staff and act as an champion for residents safety and dignity
• To maintain skills and knowledge and ensure that care is delivered according to latest guidelines and best practice evidence available
• Ensure the ongoing safety of residents, staff and visitors through systematic assessment, monitoring and reviewing processes
• Ensure that clear and accurate records and communication systems relating to clinical and care delivery are maintained and effectively used
• Act as a role model for good clinical and care governance practice
Skills & Experience
• You will have NMC registration and evidence of PREP. Experience of working with older people is required as are excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to plan, allocate and delegate work appropriately.
• Must have experience of managing and motivating a team of staff on a 22 bedded general nursing unit.
• Must be able to plan duty rotas ensuring adequate skill mix at all times; carry out staff supervision and lead by example; must have experience of medication management, ordering, receiving and dispensing; wound care management and management of residents with complex nursing needs would be an advantage.
• Customer service is of high importance and marketing the unit through networking with other care staff in the hospitals and community. We are looking for someone who will take responsibility and ownership for the running of the unit with the support of the Deputy and Home Manager.
If selected for interview the candidate will be expected to deliver a presentation on
“The role of the Unit Manager in a modern care home setting – how would I raise the profile of this important role whilst ensuring delivery of high care standards?”
This job is no longer available, please click here to search all available jobs