Course Title: 2 Day PMVA (Prevention and Management of Violence and Aggression), Physical Intervention, Control & Restraint Course Add Course to My Folder
Category: Challenging Behaviour / Aggression / Anger
Price: Up to 6 delegates £860 + VAT. Up to 12 delegates £1200 + VAT
Duration: 2 days
Format: On Site (ie at your work place)
Minimum Participants: 2
Maximum Participants: 99
Certificate: Certificate of Achievement (Assessed by Provider)
Two Day PMVA Course Content -
Course duration is for approximately 7 hours per day.
Day 1 addresses:
1. The use of force,
2. The Health & Safety at Work Act,
3. The Human Rights Act,
4. Conflict Management & De-Escalation,
5. NHS Positive and Proactive Care - Reducing the need for restrictive interventions
6. Report writing and recording of incidents
7. Instruction and practice of breakaway techniques
Day 2 addresses:
1. Clarification of techniques that should not be used, following NHS guidelines
2. Avoiding and detection of Positional Asphyxia,
3. Instruction and practice of low risk restrictive physical intervention techniques.
4. Instruction and practice of high risk (Advanced) restrictive physical intervention techniques.
5. Further practice of breakaway techniques.
Additional delegates are charged at £100 + VAT per delegate
Enquire by Email by completing the following form: