Course Title: 1 Day - Safe Use of Restraint Equipment - Handcuffs and Soft cuffs (MUST HAVE COMPLETED OUR 2 DAY PMVA COURSE) Add Course to My Folder
Category: Challenging Behaviour / Aggression / Anger
Price: £85 +VAT (Min. 6 delegates)
Duration: 7 hours
Format: On Site (ie at your work place)
Minimum Participants: 6
Maximum Participants: 12
Certificate: Certificate of Achievement (Assessed by Provider)
This is a 1 day course with a 6 hour duration. Equipment type can be varied by need
The first session covers:
1. Human Rights legislation, in particular Articles 2, 3, 5 and 8
2. Reasonable force, including Common Law and Section 3(1)(a) Criminal Law Act 1967
3. Health and Safety at Work legislation, duty of employers and employees under Sections 2, 3 & 7 of Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
4. Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
5. Manual Handling Regulations
6. Recognising & preventing positional asphyxia
7. NHS Positive and Proactive Care: Reducing the Need for Restrictive Interventions
The second session covers:
1. Identification of handcuffs and/or soft cuffs
2. Loading of Handcuffs and/or soft cuffs
3. Applying Handcuffs and/or soft cuffs in various positions to compliant and violent clients
By the end of this course you will be able to:
1. Understand the primary reason for applying restraints.
2. Understand the law, including compliance with: Section 3 (1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967, Common Law, Section 117 PACE and Articles 5, 3 and 2 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
3. Understand the medical implications of cuffing, including positional asphyxia.
4. Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs and/or soft cuffs to a passive subject.
5. Demonstrate how to apply handcuffs and/or soft cuffs to an aggressive subject.
6. Demonstrate how to remove handcuffs and/or soft cuffs correctly.
Enquire by Email by completing the following form: