Pinewood Residential Care Home

96 Manford Way, Chigwell IG7 4DA

The facility of Pinewood, in Chigwell, Essex, is owned by Sanctuary Care and provides a pleasant residential care setting for up to fifty-four residents.

Pinewood supports the independence of the elderly and takes many steps to ensure that residents feel empowered within the service, while having all their care needs met by skilled professionals.

Staff like to encourage hobbies and personal interests amongst those in care and involve residents with any management decisions where services are likely to change or develop.

Group: Sanctuary Care Ltd

Person in charge: Denise Brown (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Redbridge Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 54 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Pinewood Residential Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.4 (maximum of 10) for Pinewood Residential Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 10 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Pinewood Residential Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.9 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.517 for Pinewood Residential Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (69 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 118 Ratings = 4.517

The 4.926 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Pinewood Residential Care Home is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.8 positive Reviews (54 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 10.8 Target = 0.926

9.4 Pinewood Residential Care Home has a Review Score of 9.4 (9.443) from 10 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Pinewood Residential Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Pinewood Residential Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My mother is now in her seventh year as a resident at Pinewood and, throughout that time, she has been very well cared for and always treated with dignity and respect.
Whenever my family or I visit, we are dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. The communication between us is excellent and, over the years, I have got to know many of the staff personally. I feel that I am extremely fortunate to have all of the staff at Pinewood helping with my mother's condition and I trust their judgement and recommendations. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Pinewood to any family seeking a residential care home in this area of Essex.

How likely would you be to recommend Pinewood Residential Care Home? Extremely Likely

My priorities when considering long-term care for my mother were no doubt typical: safety & security, attentive medical care and responsiveness to emergencies; quality and cleanliness of individual room and environment. I would positively endorse Pinewood in each of these important categories and have been especially impressed with the degree of seriousness and attentiveness they maintain when dealing with my mother's medical issues. I feel that the provision of care at Pinewood is undertaken by dedicated individuals with patience and kindness; I would positively endorse the degree of friendliness and goodwill shown to my mother. Pinewood is also highly conscientious in keeping me updated with developments and issues relating to my mother's health. Overall I believe that Pinewood provides an exceptional level of care for my mother as well as a warm and cordial environment for residents and relatives alike.

I find Pinewood Residential Care Home a very welcoming place to visit. Staff are very friendly and we are all on first name terms. I can visit at any time and there are no restrictions.

I have often visited and taken part in the activities the patients are doing on that day I.e bingo. Tea is always offered to visitors.

I have visited other care homes which I did not like - not a nice atmosphere but this does not happen at Pinewood Residential Care Home.

If I ask for something to be done for my brother, it is done ie chiropodist visit - very happy with Pinewood Residential Care Home.

My mum was in Pinewood Residential Care Home for just under a month. Unfortunately, she was very unwell straight away. All members of staff including maintenance staff were kind, caring and efficient. I was comfortable to leave my mum in their care when I left to go home each day. Thank you.

The facilities, staff and standard of care are excellent. My mother considers Pinewood as her home. Over the last five years, as a resident, she has really regained her zest for life.
Unfortunately, there is sometimes a breakdown in communications regarding hospital appointments and postponed hospital appointments between the home and myself. I feel this could be improved upon.

I found the staff very caring and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Pinewood Residential Care Home? Likely

Our friend ( with brain damage after cardiac arrest) has found a caring, tolerant place in Pinewood. Physically he has remained stable and healthy with satisfied, good appetite and more cups of tea than you could wish for. His room is clean and odour free, his bed also although his memory for names has gone he is aware that people working there are willing to help whenever necessary. The facilities are clean and there is a programme of events through the week. Visitors are always welcome.

How likely would you be to recommend Pinewood Residential Care Home? Likely

The care home is clean and staff are very friendly and helpful.

Pinewoods is a modern, purpose-built home. It is exceptionally well managed and as a consequence, the staff have time to do their jobs and are friendly, open and competent. The home is a safe, clean and tidy environment. A good choice of food is on offer to residents.

I understand that all residents are placed by the local council. Without additional income from private residents, finances may be under pressure and this may explain the slightly poorer choice in activities than you could get with privately funded residents.

Home Manager, Denise Brown at Pinewood Residential Care Home responded to this review on 21 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your review and lovely comments about our team. I am always here to talk to if you have any concerns, as is our full-time activities leader who provides a wide range of stimulating activities and outings, which she tailors to our residents individually as well as groups. If there is something that you feel we are not including please do come and speak to us as we welcome any feedback at all.

Very pleased with the home.

Submit a Review for Pinewood Residential Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pinewood Residential Care Home