Sycamore Court

Magpie Lane, Little Warley, Brentwood CM13 3DT

Sycamore Court, Brentwood, Essex

Located in the scenic Essex countryside, close to the town of Brentwood, Sycamore Court is an excellent choice for people with residential care needs and those living with dementia.

All single bedrooms are tastefully decorated with en-suite facilities.

Residents can enjoy home-cooked meals within the beautifully appointed dining and lounge areas and all dietary requirements are catered for.

A varied activities programme is available together with picturesque walks and landscaped gardens for residents to enjoy.

Fees will depend on the needs of the prospective resident but more information can be provided in the home.

Group: The Holmes Care (Group) Ltd

Person in charge: Angie Bacon (Service Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 39 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Huntington's Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Smoking not permitted • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Located close to the town of Brentwood with very easy access to the M25 (J29) and the A127.

Open policy.

Parking on site.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Sycamore Court: click here

8.4 Sycamore Court has a Review Score of 8.4 (8.352)

The Review Score of 8.4 (maximum of 10) for Sycamore Court is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 5 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Sycamore Court in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.9 out of 5 from 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.467 for Sycamore Court is calculated as follows: ( (33 Excellents x 5) + (23 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 60 Ratings = 4.467

The 3.885 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Sycamore Court is based on 3 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.5

2. Target of 7.8 positive Reviews (39 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 3 Reviews ÷ 7.8 Target = 0.385

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Sycamore Court?

Reviewer Connection to Sycamore Court

From the moment my mother arrived at Sycamore Court, she has been treated extremely well by warm, caring staff. The room is beautiful, the dining area light and airy encouraging relationships with other residents. The lounge is used by residents that wish to enjoy the company of other residents. December has a good range of entertainment and I was delighted when visiting with other close relatives of my mother that Christmas Decorations had started to be put up with music being played. I feel my mother is in safe hands. If there are any queries they are answered in a timely manner.

How likely would you be to recommend Sycamore Court? Extremely Likely

Pauline Ritchie, Regional manager at Sycamore Court responded to this review on 08 Dec 2016:

Thank you for your kind words Lynne.

My mother who is 94 has been in Sycamore Court for over 6 months now she was in respite now been granted permanent residence. Though I wish that she did not have to live in a care home I researched and visited many homes in the area, none of which I thought were suitable for my mother until I visited Sycamore Court. It is tastefully decorated not old and drab like some I could mention. The staff, from management through to the care workers/nurses, have been brilliant. Though sometimes I feel they are understaffed (I am sure that is because good carers/nurses are hard to come by) the staff they have are hard working and caring, especially seeing what they have to contend with on a day to day basis. Most of the staff I have come know quite well, and they always have a smile and a welcome when you arrive. I visit my mother 2/3 times a week and think I can honestly say that I feel I choose the right home for her, keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Sycamore Court? Extremely Likely

Mandy Lee, Service Manager at Sycamore Court responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

Thanks for your kind words Pauline. We are pleased that your mum is happy with us.

Sycamore Court has a very friendly feel, the staff are so helpful and professional. My Father is very happy here. It's positioned in beautiful surrounding countryside. When visiting my Father all the other residents seem happy and the staff really look after them.

How likely would you be to recommend Sycamore Court? Extremely Likely

Mandy Lee, Service Manager at Sycamore Court responded to this review on 27 May 2016:

Thanks Mark for your kind words, we are pleased that your father is happy at Sycamore Court

I am a 66 year old female. I am not a patient but a resident with the freedom to come and go as I please. I do self medication and self care. When I want to to go out I give notice and contact phone numbers and my cars registration number. I have a mobility car. I am a retired SRN with widespread osteo-arthritis. Here at Sycamore I find excellent care and safety whenever I need them, from wonderful caring management and staff. A private room with small bathroom. I will pay for my bed and board with the proceeds of my house sale. I have 3 lovely meals a day, freshly prepared and cooked in the Sycamore kitchen, GP visits once a week, hospital referrals, repeat prescriptions. I could not have made a better choice. Sycamore has no neighbours but is surrounded by woodland. Peace and quiet and very beautiful.

How likely would you be to recommend Sycamore Court? Extremely Likely

Mandy Lee, Service Manager at Sycamore Court responded to this review on 17 Mar 2016:

We are so pleased that you are very happy with your home here at Sycamore Court Elizabeth.

I absolutely love the place staff are very good and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Sycamore Court? Extremely Likely

Mandy Lee, Service Manager at Sycamore Court responded to this review on 15 Mar 2016:

Thanks for your kind words Elizabeth.

Submit a Review for Sycamore Court

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

Angie

Angie Bacon

Job Title: Service Manager

Joined: 2017

Angie has worked within the public and private sectors throughout her career; and as such she has a tremendous amount of skills dealing with very different personalities.

Angie has worked in care for the past 7 years working her way up from a carer to a Home Manager.
Angie brings a wealth of experience to her role having completed an NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care and is near completion of Diploma in Leadership and Management Level 5.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sycamore Court