Anchor’s Barnfield is located at the heart of the Horley community with good road and public transport links. The home provides tailored care for up to 63 customers, striving to meet individual needs and enhance quality of life.

Each resident receives a personalised care plan which is designed to ensure their needs and desires are always met while they are living at Barnfield. Dementia care is available at the home, where staff receive on-going training to ensure their approach reflects best practice. Anchor's Dementia Care Team was awarded the Outstanding Dementia Care Innovation at the 2015 Dementia Care Awards.

The group is a 2016 Sunday Times Top 100 Not-for-Profit Organisations to work for and reinvests money in its services to ensure customers receive the highest quality of care possible.

Group: Anchor

Person in charge: Sue Lewis (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 63 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Barnfield: click here

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for Barnfield is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Barnfield in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.567 for Barnfield is calculated as follows: ( (119 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (17 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 180 Ratings = 4.567

The 4.476 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Barnfield is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12.6 positive Reviews (63 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 12.6 Target = 0.476

9 Barnfield has a Review Score of 9 (9.043) from 15 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Barnfield?

Reviewer Connection to Barnfield

• Respite Resident/Service User

Friendly, supportive, responsive, professional, caring to both the resident (my mother) and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

Barnfield staff are very caring for my mother's needs, she has dementia - the staff are aware of this and talk to her and care for her needs with respect and consideration for a lady of her age. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

My mother moved to Barnfield after 3 months in the hospital. The staff and management have been most helpful at all stages and rooms have been refurbished when she has moved a couple of times.

At all times, the staff have been very good to my mother and I would recommend to anyone who needs daily care. Barnfield is a bit tired but recent repainting and general updating of rooms has helped.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

My father has been a resident in Barnfield since February 2016. The care he receives is excellent. At the age of 95, he is totally happy in Barnfield.
Nothing is too much for the caring and friendly staff. The support, personal care and professionalism is fantastic!

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

My husband has been attending Barnfields for day care and respite for nearly 2 years now.
I find the staff wonderful, caring, helpful and so friendly with a sense of humour.
The home is kept really clean, the food is excellent, really it's hard to find fault with this care home.
My hubby will be going in permanently and I have no worries about his care at all.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

I came to this care home for respite and I liked it so much I decided to stay. I love it here and my room has become very much my own home. The carers here are so lovely and I have found that they put themselves out to make sure that I am happy, and I am.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

When I was admitted, I was very nervous, worried and in a lot of pain. All staff (day and night) and residents made me feel at home and welcome. All members of staff are very understanding, caring and sympathetic.
All staff showed me such loving, tender care to make me feel better, they all are really lovely. If someone wants to be admitted, I will recommend Barnfield to them and tell them with all my experience. What a nice place to come.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

I cannot say a bad word about anyone working at Barnfield even the receptionist is fairly good (joke).
The are all friendly and very good with the people they look after. I must say a special person there is a man who goes above and beyond. I cannot understand why he is not a team leader or something similar.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

My Mum was taken here in February 2016 for respite care whilst her husband was in hospital.
She is now in permanent care at Barnfield as he has since passed away.
The staff are so friendly and helpful in all ways.
Any health concerns are dealt with efficiently.
She is very happy and comfortable in her new home as are all our family for her.
Many thanks to all at the home, long may it continue.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

My wife has Alzheimer's and attends Barnfield two days a week.
It is a pleasant place and the staff have always been very friendly, considerate and helpful.
My wife has always been willing to attend there and is always welcomed by staff and other clients when she arrives.
As to the care home itself what I have seen is excellent and it has what I would call a "welcoming air".

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

Mother came to the home last year and is now a permanent resident. She has dementia and shakes. She is quite happy and likes the staff. She is cared for and kept clean and tidy and is well fed.
She always says how nice the staff are and I have always found the staff very pleasant and friendly. I have never had any cause for concern for her care and management are always helpful and kind. Facilities and overall look of home is very nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Likely

My mother has been at Barnfield for three years.
In that time we have seen a lot of staff changes and improvements.
Overall I feel very satisfied and confident with the care she receives, she is very happy.
My only concern, which is nothing to really worry me, is I would like to see less agency staff and more permanent, so a relationship can be built up with the residents.
I would thoroughly recommend Barnfield to anyone I feel my mother is in very safe hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

My mother who has been with you for 2 and a half years has been very well looked after. The staff are very caring, friendly and welcoming. Just to say I hope that everyone feels like I do.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Extremely Likely

The regular staff are caring and friendly however when bank staff are covering, not enough information appears to be made available to ensure residents needs are efficiently met.
There is not enough consultation between myself and the home about medication and changes in my wife's condition. This could be improved. The food is very good - selection and amount.
Too often clothing goes missing, some of which fails to reappear - brand new birthday jumper and slippers.

How likely would you be to recommend Barnfield? Likely

I was in the home to give my wife a well needed break. Everybody in the home was really nice, helpful and 99% cheerful. If I needed to go to a home again I truly hope I could come here again.

Submit a Review for Barnfield