Acacia Lodge is a care home providing nursing care by qualified & trained staff.

The residents and their family carers are always involved in the process of planning care and personalising it to the needs, choices and preferences of the resident.

It has a homely feel, most of the bedrooms are single occupancy most with en suite facilities.

The food served at the Home consists mostly of traditional British fare - home cooked meals using fresh seasonal produce.

Owner: Metro Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Rahat Tharani (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 36 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Learning Disability • No Medical Intervention • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Malayalam, Polish, Portuguese, Sinhala, Sinhalese, Tamil

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £700 – £900 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Acacia Lodge to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Acacia Lodge: click here

9.5 Acacia Lodge has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.478)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Acacia Lodge is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Acacia Lodge in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5.0 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.506 for Acacia Lodge is calculated as follows: ( (107 Excellents x 5) + (48 Goods x 4) + (15 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 172 Ratings = 4.506

The 4.972 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Acacia Lodge is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.2 positive Reviews (36 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 7.2 Target = 0.972

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Acacia Lodge?

Reviewer Connection to Acacia Lodge

Mum is looked after with kindness, empathy and with respect. The staff treat her in a friendly and reassuring way, almost like family, but still with the professionalism and standard of care she needs. The manager and nurses are always happy to talk to me and anything requested is put in place quickly. I feel they include me in every decision about mum's care. Mum is content and comfortable and the patience and dedication of the care staff are fantastic. I never have to worry about mum's care as I know the staff look after her with real care and compassion.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

RAHAT THARANI, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 02 Nov 2017:

Jill, Thank you for your kind remarks- the staff team at Acacia Lodge appreciates your acknowledging their efforts. Its a pleasure to facilitate your mum's care - she's very fortunate to have such an attentive and loving family.

Our mother lived at Acacia Lodge from March 2017 until she passed away in August 2017, after a short stay in hospital.

The care and support she received was nothing short of outstanding, and all the staff and management were fabulous. They genuinely cared for Mum and showed her and the other residents the greatest respect at all times.

Mum was well fed at all times. A varied menu, the food was of an excellent standard. The chef would prepare something not on the day’s menu if needed, to ensure mum would eat something that day.

My sister and I are so grateful to Acacia Lodge that our mother was so well cared for and happy in her final months. It gave us great peace of mind when she was there.

Activities: Don't Know

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 05 Oct 2017:

Thank you very much for your kind words - your mum was an exceptional lady and it was a pleasure to facilitate her care. James, it was great to know your sister and you - Your mum was fortunate to have such a loving attentive family. Do keep in touch and all the best!

A close friend needed excellent nursing care, Acacia Lodge provided careful affectionate exemplary care.

Facilities: Poor

Activities: Very Poor

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 13 Sep 2017:

Thank you, Jennifer, for your kind words. With the affection and support of all his friends, the difficult times in your friend's life will pass. All of us at Acacia Lodge wish him the very best. Please feel free to call us should you want to discuss anything.

I was very pleased with my weeks stay after an operation. I picked Acacia Lodge after an initial visit and met the staff. Not only were they proficient in their jobs but the service was excellent and everyone was so friendly. The meals were top class and home cooked and I had the best chips for a long time. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Acacia Lodge to friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 07 Jun 2017:

Thank you for your compliments - We are glad that you found your stay with us after the surgery restful. Hope you are continuing to recuperate well. Don't hesitate to drop in, if you ever feel unwell and we will be happy to support you through the not so good days.

It is the staff which make Acacia Lodge.
They are all extremely competent, kind and caring.
Their warmth and compassion with my father and us as a family made the transition to residential care much easier on all of us.
The standard of care provided is very good and I feel confident my father is in good hands and being well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 18 Apr 2017:

Thank you, Amanda, all the staff are indeed very pleased that you have taken the time to appreciate and acknowledge their compassion and hard work. It has been a pleasure to facilitate care for your father- he is a thorough gentleman!

The care and kindness given to my husband is first rate. The help and advice given to myself and our daughter has and is great. The staff and management are friendly and so helpful, their care of my husband gives us peace of mind and takes the worry away.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 11 Apr 2017:

Liz, Thank you for taking the time to review us - it's much appreciated! We are glad that we have been able to be of assistance to you - it has been wonderful to know you all - a loving devoted family. Thank you also for your regular little treats for the staff.

Acacia Lodge is a very caring, understanding and friendly place. We find the staff well trained and have a good attitude towards clients. The meals are excellent and filling. The cleanliness of the place is also excellent. In one word this home is wonderful!!

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

June, Thank you for taking the time to review us and your kind words. We always marvel at your sincere friendship for our resident and it has been lovely to know you.

Acacia Lodge gave my husband excellent care, they were very good to him, you could not fault their care, all of the staff were very assertive if he needed anything or was in any pain. My husband seemed calm and comfortable at Acacia Lodge and would always mention how friendly and lovely the nurses were. The staff were also very caring when my husband passed, to me and my family.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Likely

RAHAT THARANI, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 30 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your kind words - much appreciated!

Acacia Lodge is providing excellent care for my mother in the last days of her life. The staff regularly check on my mother and make her clean and comfortable. The home is well organised. The staff are very caring, friendly and supportive to my mother and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 04 May 2016:

Thank you Gordon - it was a pleasure to have facilitated your mum's care - you had indeed set a high standard when caring for her yourself and I am happy that you feel we were able to continue to maintain those high standards at Acacia Lodge.
A big thank you also from all of us for the lovely treats you got us!

You made my nan comfortable in her last few weeks. Not only did you look after her but you looked after my uncle and even us when me and my mum visited. I can't fault the care you gave to us all. I can't thank you enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

RAHAT THARANI, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 03 May 2016:

Thank you Clare, it was good to know your Nan and your family all be it too briefly.

We cannot fault the staff at Acacia, they treated my mother-in-law with unfailing kindness, patience and maintained her dignity at all times. They treated and welcomed us with warmth and sensitivity. They all made a very anxious dying lady feel safe and secure. My partner and myself can find no fault in the care home and we would both recommend it highly to other people.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 04 Apr 2016:

Thank you all. It means so much to us when we are appreciated for what we are here to do - to support the resident and the family at very difficult time in life. In the short time she was with us, J inspired us all- with her forbearance and loving nature. May she rest in peace.

Dad was only at Acacia Lodge for two weeks as an end of life patient, but during this time we felt extremely welcomed and informed as a family and could not fault the care he received. When he passed away the home showed great compassion and thought for us as well as dad and I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Thank you Denise. Hope all is well with mum - we wish you all the very best for the future.

Acacia Lodge has always treated my mother with care and dignity. The staff are always friendly and the whole home is always clean no matter what time you visit. Food is superb.g

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 14 Mar 2016:

Thank you! It is so heartening to know that you and your brother spend so much quality time with your mother. She is lucky to have you all!

My father was a resident at Acacia Lodge for nearly ten months. I want to thank all the staff at the home for making dad very comfortable and knowing he was safe with them was very reassuring to myself and my family. My father past away on 30th January 2016. I want to let all that need to know about this lovely and caring place called Acacia Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Extremely Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 16 Feb 2016:

Thank you Linda, your dad was fortunate to have such a loving family - hope all's well with mum.

When visiting my father staff are helpful and keep the family updated on his situation. When doctors are required the problem is dealt with immediately. Access to Acacia Lodge at any time appears not to cause any problems for the staff. Admin staff are kind and courteous.

How likely would you be to recommend Acacia Lodge? Likely

Rahat Tharani, Registered Manager at Acacia Lodge responded to this review on 20 Jan 2016:

Thank you Susan, we appreciate your feedback.

Submit a Review for Acacia Lodge

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Acacia Lodge

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Acacia Lodge