6 Broad Leas, St Ives PE27 5PU
Rheola Care Centre is a 42 bedded care home providing person centred care for adults aged 65+, including those living with dementia.
The home is within walking distance of St Ives town centre which has a wide range of shops including a Post Office, Banks, Supermarkets and a Bakers along with pubs, restaurants and cafes and hosts a Market every Monday and Friday.
Rheola Care Centre is divided into 4 units over two floors. All rooms are single occupancy and 10 rooms have en-suite facilities.
People living at Rheola Care Centre can enjoy a variety of communal areas with the 2 units on the ground floor having a combined dining and lounge areas and the 2 units on the first floor having a combined dining and lounge area to cater for both units. All units have access to a small kitchenette area as well as bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets throughout the home.
The upper floor of the home is accessed by stairs or lift. All areas of the home are accessible for wheelchair users.
Rheola Care Centre provides:
• A high standard of care and support 24 hours a day
• A high standard of housekeeping including a laundry service
• Traditional home cooked meals, using fresh ingredients prepared by dedicated chefs
• A warm, welcoming environment with a ‘home from home’ atmosphere
• Meaningful and purposeful activities and outings planned through a structured programme following discussions with the people living in Rheola Care Centre and their families
• Enclosed gardens at the back of the home
• Long term and respite care provided
Group: Excelcare Holdings
Person in charge: Elizabeth Edgar (Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's
Admission Information: Ages 65+.
Single Rooms: 42
Shared Rooms: 0
Rooms with ensuite WC: 10
Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Rheola: click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
Job Title: Home Manager
Elizabeth joined Rheola Care Centre as Home Manager in January 2013 and has worked in care since 1998 both Residential and Domiciliary care from Care Assistant, Deputy Manager to Area Manager. Elizabeth has NVQ levels 2, 3 and 4 in Health and Social Care.
Job Title: Deputy Manager
Susan has worked at Rheola Care Centre since 2007 and has completed her NVQ level 2 and 3. in Health and Social Care.
Susan is responsible for the running of the home in the absence of the Home Manager.