Dementia Care Specialist

Philosophy: 'Live Well Whatever Your Need'

Bindon and Elmcroft is a home, not a hotel! Comprising of six spacious houses, which have been linked and tastefully converted into a care home with a number of bedrooms, many of which have en-suite facilities. Stair lifts are fitted to give residents easy access to the first floor. Fees are dependent on the choice of room and the level of care required. Emphasis is placed on individual well-being and a warm personal and friendly atmosphere is maintained.

To the rear of the property the gardens feature a lawn and extensive flat patio areas with seating, tables and a variety of shrubs, flowers and hanging baskets.

All services and facilities are provided for the benefit of the
residents, while a large number of services are provided together with special diets being catered for, including: diabetic, low cholesterol, low fat and vegetarian.

Owner: Bindon Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jennifer Kay (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £650 – £1000 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Bindon & Elmcroft to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Fees for guidance only and subject to assessment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Bindon & Elmcroft: click here

8 Bindon & Elmcroft has a Review Score of 8 (7.966)

The Review Score of 8 (maximum of 10) for Bindon & Elmcroft is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 4 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Bindon & Elmcroft in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.5 out of 5 from 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.478 for Bindon & Elmcroft is calculated as follows: ( (24 Excellents x 5) + (20 Goods x 4) + (2 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 46 Ratings = 4.478

The 3.488 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Bindon & Elmcroft is based on 2 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 = 3.25

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 2 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target = 0.238

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Bindon & Elmcroft?

Reviewer Connection to Bindon & Elmcroft

My father was in Bindon & Elmcroft both for day care and as a resident for a couple of weeks before he passed away. I found the staff caring, considerate and helpful. Though my dad had severe dementia he looked forward to his day visits to the home. Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Bindon & Elmcroft? Extremely Likely

Manager and staff always friendly, garden is lovely in the summer, but I do feel its a shame you don't get to see the residents out enjoying it.
I would like to see more music and singing going on. It is always lovely and warm at Bindon. My friend always looks looked after and she enjoys the food and great afternoon cakes.
It would be nice to see a little more memorabilia around the home as its a dementia home.
The home is always clean and never smelly. Keep up the good work, staff work hard, so well done.

How likely would you be to recommend Bindon & Elmcroft? Likely

Chris deVerenne, Director at Bindon & Elmcroft responded to this review on 20 Dec 2016:

Thank you so much for your nice review, Jenny will ensure that your comments are taken into consideration.

In June, my husband moved into this care home which was chosen for him by our wonderful social services. He has Alzheimer's/Dementia. Not knowing what to expect, I found it in a nice quiet road in a block of 4 large Edwardian houses. As I stepped inside, the first door opened onto a very large lounge with panelled walls decorated tastefully with rich tapestry armchairs and a large TV. As I proceeded through the home, I found comfy sitting rooms and lounges, a library with a piano and a dining room with tables and pretty cloths looking out into a glorious garden with lovely views. Edwardian elegance is how I would describe it. My husband has a newly painted and curtained room with a bay window overlooking the street and gardens. It was decorated exactly as I would have chosen myself with fitted wardrobes. The wash basin and toilet is discreetly hidden in the corner. Two chests of drawers. PERFECT! P.S. I do worry about the staff who work hard 8am-8pm with no break to go outside or go home for a few hours a day. They are working 5-6 days a week. I did this nursing 60 years ago and it was TOO HARD. Are there no compassionate laws today?

How likely would you be to recommend Bindon & Elmcroft? Extremely Likely

Chris deVerenne, Owner at Bindon & Elmcroft responded to this review on 22 Sep 2016:

Thank you for this generous review that we will share with our staff.
I would like to reassure our reviewer that whilst our fabulous staff do work a long hard day, they do receive their breaks.

My Father has been here for 15 months. He has Alzheimer's and can be a complex character, I felt guilty that I could not care for my Father myself. Bindon and the care staff not only made me feel that I was doing the right thing they made me welcome as much as my Dad. The home has a real homely feel. The clients are not all just sitting around in a comatosed state (which was my biggest fear) They are in a home from home. I can visit whenever I want, I can arrive unannounced so I see the home in action. I can not express how confident I am that my Dad is safe and well looked after.
So confident am I in the carers, yesterday I helped move in my 95 yr. old neighbour. She has been there less than 24 hrs and well, it is like she has been there for ages. She has a smile on her face and that says it all for me. She was such an independent Lady. They make you feel so welcome.
The manager is always at the end of the phone if I need her. I feel supported as well as my Dad.

Submit a Review for Bindon & Elmcroft

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Bindon & Elmcroft

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bindon & Elmcroft