Moors Park House

Moors Park, Bishopsteignton, Teignmouth TQ14 9RH

Moors Park House has an excellent environment with ground floor rooms featuring access to the inner courtyard or garden, is equipped for the practice of modern care provision, while allowing residents to experience an active and interesting lifestyle.

A friendly team respect personal choice and make sure that visiting family and loved ones also feel welcome. A day care service is available and makes for a good social atmosphere.

The home has good community links, can welcome convalescence needs and also adults with dementia.

Group: Crocus Care Ltd

Person in charge: Linda Lowe (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Devon County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 37 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Head/Brain Injury • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £650 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Moors Park House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Anytime

Parking on site

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Moors Park House: click here

The Review Score of 9.1 (maximum of 10) for Moors Park House is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 7 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Moors Park House in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.817 for Moors Park House is calculated as follows: ( (67 Excellents x 5) + (15 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 82 Ratings = 4.817

The 4.291 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Moors Park House is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 7.4 positive Reviews (37 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 7.4 Target = 0.541

9.1 Moors Park House has a Review Score of 9.1 (9.108) from 7 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Moors Park House?

Reviewer Connection to Moors Park House

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

Care given by all staff far exceeded my expectation. Lovely atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Moors Park House? Extremely Likely

The overall standard was excellent.
I was treated with dignity.
The staff were caring.
Management made me feel welcomed.
The rooms are clean and bright.
The food is good.
Activities are excellent.
Safely/security is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Moors Park House? Extremely Likely

My mother had a stroke last January and the medics were called immediately. Their quick action saved her life.
After she came back from hospital she was well cared for, from the manager to the cleaners, all came into her room and spoke, as they passed. When she became particular what she ate, the cook managed to satisfy her.
After a short illness, she passed away very peacefully. We were there at the end and several carers were still very attentive.

How likely would you be to recommend Moors Park House? Extremely Likely

I have always known that my aunt gets excellent care. Her dementia greatly affects her moods but as far as I am aware she is always treated with respect.
The staff are excellent and always willing to spend time to talk to me about my aunt.

How likely would you be to recommend Moors Park House? Extremely Likely

I felt that people were against me at first. I think it was because I felt strange. I enjoyed the bingo sessions. I feel a lot of my problems were due to nerves. I suffer with my nerves. I would like to come back again if I needed respite because in the end I found the home friendly and homely. My son was very impressed.

How likely would you be to recommend Moors Park House? Extremely Likely

Most important of all, the staff were very caring and were able to offer good but appropriate advice to my family. My mother was a resident quest/patient, NOT just a unit. She was treated as an individual and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The private rooms were spacious and warm. The catering and cleanliness were to a very good standard. In their own way all the residents appeared happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Moors Park House? Extremely Likely

Following 18 months of care my siblings and I are completely satisfied with the standard of care and service provided to my mother. My mother is cared for 24 hours a day and her many needs are attended to promptly and with dignity. Knowing she is happy and attended to so well gives us all peace of mind and as a family we are completely satisfied with all aspects of the services she is provided. We can visit anytime and find all things to be OK.

Submit a Review for Moors Park House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moors Park House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moors Park House