Cedar Lawn, Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire

Cedar Lawn in Stratford-Upon-Avon is dedicated to caring for older people.

Staff demonstrate a clear understanding of older people's needs and are able to engage with them in a positive manner. They are focused on speaking to residents with dignity and respect. As a result, residents are relaxed and happy in the company of staff.

Residents choose what time they want to go to bed and get up in the mornings.

Delicious meals are prepared by the chef, who speaks with each person to ask how their meal is and discusses their food preferences for the next day. If people do not like the food choice available, they are given other options.

Staff give everyone the choice of whether or not to join in with activities such as board games. Local schools visit residents at the care home regularly.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Local Authority / Social Services: Warwickshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 37 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cedar Lawn: click here

9.3 Cedar Lawn has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.286)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Cedar Lawn is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 5 out of 5 from 16 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cedar Lawn in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.995 for Cedar Lawn is calculated as follows: ( (190 Excellents x 5) + (1 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 191 Ratings = 4.995

The 4.291 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cedar Lawn is based on 4 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 3.75

2. Target of 7.4 positive Reviews (37 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 4 Reviews ÷ 7.4 Target = 0.541

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cedar Lawn?

Reviewer Connection to Cedar Lawn

• Brother-in-law of Resident/Service User

Cedar Lawns have given my mother superb care and have given me my life back. I cannot fault their excellent service in any way and appreciate everything they do for my mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

On our first visit to take a look around the home the first thing that strikes you is how bright, fresh, airy and clean the place is.
All the staff were happy and welcoming and smiling. There was a lovely sense of calm.
It's a very homely feel at Cedars staff are always on hand to help or assist when needed. There are lots of places to sit and chat and have tea or you can have you own privacy in your own room. It really is a lovely place. The staff are all friendly

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

Moved to Cedar Lawn at the end of January. I was made to feel welcome on my arrival. I have been given respect and dignity at all times. Food is very good and the house is kept very clean. There is plenty for me to do activity wise and drinks are available at all times. I love all the staff and I feel safe and secure. Management is very efficient and my room is good.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I moved into Cedar Lawn hoping my husband would join me from hospital, but sadly he died. I am staying at Cedar Lawn until January and my stay has been great. I have had respect and dignity at all times and if I need to stay in a home again, I would choose Cedar Lawn again. The food in the home is excellent. The home is clean and I feel very secure here.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I came to Cedar Lawn in June. I am from India and felt I needed more support than my family could give me. I have been given excellent care, treated with respect and dignity, I come and go at all times and the meals are excellent. Staff are all friendly will go above and beyond their duties.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I am very happy at Cedar Lawn. Treated like part of the family, which is lovely. The meals are good and homely.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I came to Cedar Lawn in August for a one month respite. I didn't want to be permanently away from my home, but wanted my daughter to have a rest for a while. so went to Cedar Lawn. I have had the most lovely care and treated with respect and dignity at all times. Staff are always welcoming to all people that visit and nothing is too much trouble. We have the most amazing meals cooked for us and can choose whatever we want. I have been made to feel as if this is my home. I have decided to sell my home and live at Cedar Lawn permanently.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

Cedar Lawn has a very homely feel. The staff are lovely and very professional. The care they provide far out weighted my expectations.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I moved to Cedar lawn in March 2016. I have found the home very comfortable and well staffed. I was in a lot of pain when I moved from my own home but now am pain free. The food is excellent also so clean. The support I get is amazing also there is always a cup of Tea to hand day or night. I have been treated with the utmost respect and dignity. I have plenty of room which is kept very clean. I would recommend going to Cedarlawn to anyone and everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I was living on my own I am 73 years of age and have had a stroke I am now unable to walk. I can talk and tell my needs that is all. I was very unhappy about going into care but have lived at Cedar Lawn for 2 months how my experience is now I am so glad to be their my needs are met to the highest standard. Food is excellent, I do as I wish when I want all is up to me. Staff treat me with respect and give me dignity at all times nothing is to much trouble for the staff. I lived on my own for years I now have a family again.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I'm very happy living here and would never want to move.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

The residential home is homely and is a very traditional home with long serving and excellent staff. The care provided is 100% and my next of kin and myself are most satisfied with the welcome received. All the help that was provided to make the room to my liking etc. The location of the home is very good, with views to gardens and in a lovely quiet and peaceful area. No complaints to the way care and attention is given and all my needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I came to Cedar Lawn at the beginning of January, I did not know what care would be like but I was becoming more dependent on my family so know I needed help. I visited Cedar Lawn and was welcomed by staff to a degree I didn't believe possible, 3 days later I moved in. I don't know what they have done but all my illness has gone, I eat well, the food is excellent, plenty of choice. I am treated with respect and dignity at all times, everything is done to my wishes. I wish I had found Cedar Lawn before, I love it here and would recommend it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

My mother spent the last two and a half years at Cedar Lawn, passing away on January 19th. During that time she received excellent care. The end of life care that was shown to my mother was wonderful. I cannot praise Cedar Lawn highly enough for the care and love shown to my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

I moved into Cedar Lawn residential home first week January and I did not know what to expect. I need not have worried as I was made very welcome immediately and everyone who works here treat me with the utmost respect and dignity. The food is excellent, activities are varied so there is always something for everyone to do or I can choose to do my own thing. Nothing is too much trouble and I am so glad that I moved in.

How likely would you be to recommend Cedar Lawn? Extremely Likely

Mother was in Cedar Lawn for nearly four years and she could not have been cared for any better as far as I am concerned it is the best care home in the district. All the staff were all wonderful to her and she was very happy.

Submit a Review for Cedar Lawn