Gratia, Leicester, Leicestershire

Gratia is a twenty-one capacity care home run by specialists in learning disabilities, offering a choice of multiple lounge areas in which to socialise and bedrooms that are individually designed.

Located in beautiful surroundings, Gratia offers the ideal environment for relaxing and respite, with skilled carers available throughout the day and night and a day care service also on offer to the local community.

Good transport and amenities are nearby and carers are experienced in looking after residents with dementia, through person-centred and dignified methods.

Group: Knighton Manor Ltd

Person in charge: Matthew Smith (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Leicester City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Autism/ASD • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment & Deafness • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 18 to 99.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £362 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Gratia to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Gratia: click here

7.7 Gratia has a Review Score of 7.7 (7.707)

The Review Score of 7.7 (maximum of 10) for Gratia is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.4 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Gratia in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.3 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.457 for Gratia is calculated as follows: ( (48 Excellents x 5) + (41 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 94 Ratings = 4.457

The 3.25 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Gratia is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 4 Target = 0.250

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Gratia?

Reviewer Connection to Gratia

• Father of Resident/Service User

The care home is very nice. The staff team look after me well. The food and care is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Gratia? Extremely Likely

My sister always appears happy here and loves the staff. I am made welcome and always offered a drink on arrival. Nothing seems too much trouble. I signed over my sister's financial affairs when she first arrived at the home and therefore cant comment on value for money. I would like to say though that she never appears to have new clothes. They appear to be from a charity shop and she has had only one holiday in 9 years. The home is clean but tired and my sister's room would benefit from replacement ceiling tiles as these are all stained.

How likely would you be to recommend Gratia? Likely

I have only been at Gratia a short while but I am happy and enjoyed my stay here, the staff are polite towards me and if I have a problem I find staff easy to approach. I enjoy helping around the home doing things such as helping with laundry folding and hoovering the floors. I am happy with my room ans spend the time in there relaxing watching TV or listening to music. I am happy with the level of care I receive and feel safe.

How likely would you be to recommend Gratia? Extremely Likely

I fell safe and happy at Gratia and I really enjoy the food. I like my room and enjoy spending time relaxing in it, the staff are very helpful and ask me if I'd like join in activities but I'd rather sit doing crosswords and staff accept my decision. The home is very clean and fresh. I am happy here and would recommend it to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Gratia? Extremely Likely

I am happy at Gratia. I like being able to watch TV or my DVD's. I like the staff and they are helpful and make me feel happy. If I have any problems or am upset I can talk to staff who will help me. I enjoy the food at Gratia and enjoy sometimes playing board games but I am most happy when I'm relaxing watching TV. My room is very nice and cosy and I feel safe and happy here.

How likely would you be to recommend Gratia? Extremely Likely

Happy and compassionate staff. Well looked after.

Gratia is very nice.

How likely would you be to recommend Gratia? Extremely Likely

I am very pleased to say that my brother is very happy living at Gratia. I have had no problems with any of the staff or bosses. I find them very friendly towards me and my brother. When my brother was ill the staff acted very quickly and sent for the doctor which he sent for the ambulance and he went into hospital. While my he was in hospital a carer went to see him every day. My brother is always well dressed, clean and happy. My brother has been in Gratia over twenty years, his bedroom is clean and tidy, I have no problems with anything, I have always been happy with everything.

Submit a Review for Gratia