The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

(The Oaks & Little Oaks), 172 London Road, Balderton, Newark-on-Trent NG24 3BN

The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire

The Oaks Care Centre has been purpose-built in a pleasant residential aea of Newark to provide a combination of residential, nursing and respite packages to up to seventy-three individuals.

Though a large facility, carers focus upon personalised care to ensure each residents is treated as an individual and has their own particular health needs met.

A wide range of activities and outings are on the itinerary for The Oaks' residents, with day trips to Twycross Zoo proving a popular destination and a range of therapies and church services also available.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Christine Mills (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 73 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home: click here

9 The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home has a Review Score of 9 (9.017)

The Review Score of 9 (maximum of 10) for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 12 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.5 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.538 for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (88 Excellents x 5) + (44 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 143 Ratings = 4.538

The 4.479 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 14.6 positive Reviews (73 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 14.6 Target = 0.479

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

Mum was recently in The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home before passing away.
We visited recently to see a friend of hers and have really noticed the difference in the home. Much more pleasant atmosphere and staff are very welcoming.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home responded to this review on 20 Feb 2018:

Thank you, Pat, for your comments about your recent experience at The Oaks & Little Oaks Care Home. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience was so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised.

We have been visiting my sister for two years. We have found the staff very helpful and seem to talk to residents readily and helpful with their needs.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home responded to this review on 09 Jan 2018:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Have a wonderful day.

I have noticed a marked improvement in the care standards at The Oaks. My mother often complained she had to wait a long time for carers to attend and often said they were too busy and she would have to wait. The carers all seem more prompt at attending to her and other residents' needs.

On the whole, when I visit residents and staff seem a lot happier which gives me peace of mind that my mother is happy and well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Likely

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home responded to this review on 03 Jan 2018:

Thank you, John, for sharing your recent experience of The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home. We are pleased to hear that you have seen improvements within the home as we strive to provide an excellent level of care to every resident. The care and well-being of each resident is our number one priority. If there is anything more you would like to discuss please feel free to speak with us here at the home. Thank you once again for letting us know how we are doing and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Every time I came to visit my mum, I am happy to see her so happy and cared for so well.
Staff always friendly and helpful. My mum says she has a big family around her, she is happy to be here.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home responded to this review on 12 Dec 2017:

Thank you for your comments about your recent experience at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home. Our residents’ well-being is our main priority and it is great to hear that you have been so pleased with the quality of our care. We're happy you have found our staff to be so supportive and are pleased to hear that your Mum is enjoying being part of our family here at the home. We look forward to your next visit. Take care!

It's a good care home and all the staff are recommended as they do a good job.

The manager and unit manager are always there to help if there is a problem.

Ronnie Cavanagh, Digital Marketing Executive at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home responded to this review on 01 Dec 2017:

Thank you, Jeanette. We always appreciate individuals taking the time to give their feedback and we are very pleased to hear that your experience with The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home has been so positive. All of our staff are committed to providing the best possible care experience for all of our residents and it is very rewarding to have their efforts recognised. Have a wonderful day.

When notified of admittance to The Oaks it was viewed with some trepidation.

Since I had no experience of the care home facility, my concern was unfounded since the prefixt "care" was justified from the word "home" because of the welcome on arrival was warm and genuinely welcome. Home it was and people belonging to the staff maintained a genuine warmth.

Thank you, Ted, for sharing your experience of The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home. We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing and are glad to hear it has been so positive. If there is anything more we can do please let us know. We will be happy to help. Have a wonderful day.

Nursing staff were friendly and always busy.
It did seem that they were understaffed.
Patients requesting the toilet or other things were made to wait until staff were free to deal with it but sometimes had to be reminded.
Food looked adequate and nicely presented.
Not easily accessible, door locked and took a while to get in.
Resorted to knocking on a window after waiting 20 minutes to gain access.
Hairdresser and entertainment good.
Glad it was only respite though.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Likely

I'm always satisfied what they do for me and couldn't wish for better. There's always something arranged for us to do.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Don't know

I am as happy as I can be living at the care home. The staff are lovely and my bedroom which has recently been decorated is lovely.

I have fun with the staff and they look after me. Generally I'm looked after well, I like it here. I have been here for 8 years so it must be good!

Over the years, I have been in many services, mental health units and also admitted to hospital because I suffered with depression, stress and anxiety. Nowhere really helped until I met the manager here at The Oaks. She came to assess me and I trusted every word she said. In the hospital, no one had time to spend with me so I was not getting any support with my issues.

I came to The Oaks feeling depressed, I didn't have any confidence, and for years I had never been out shopping because I was too anxious. Since I came to The Oaks for respite with the help of the staff, I slowly regained my confidence, I was able to go shopping and communicate with other people, something I had been struggling with for a long time. My family are really proud of me and because of my depression and anxiety, I hadn't been eating properly which worried my family even more.

The care and support I have received at The Oaks has made a big difference to my life and also to my families. The staff helped in they way they spoke to me, the way they treated me with dignity and respect, took me out when I needed to go out, they also encouraged me to start eating again. The best part of it was they spent time with me.
I have such a laugh and a joke with the staff which is lovely and something that never happened in the hospital. They treat me as me which was all I ever wanted anyone to do. They welcomed me on board from the minute I got there and I have never looked back. I have had a new hair do, new clothes, nails manicured. I feel better than I have in years and they welcome me back with open arms every time I am here.

I am happy at the care home, there is a source of happiness that comes from somewhere. The staff are friendly, all well trained and they are there for me if I need them.

Submit a Review for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home