The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

(The Oaks & Little Oaks), 172 London Road, Balderton, Newark-on-Trent NG24 3BN

The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home, Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire

The Oaks Care Centre has been purpose-built in a pleasant residential aea of Newark to provide a combination of residential, nursing and respite packages to up to seventy-three individuals.

Though a large facility, carers focus upon personalised care to ensure each residents is treated as an individual and has their own particular health needs met.

A wide range of activities and outings are on the itinerary for The Oaks' residents, with day trips to Twycross Zoo proving a popular destination and a range of therapies and church services also available.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Local Authority / Social Services: Nottinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 73 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home: click here

posted 17 Oct 2017

Nursing Care

7.7 The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home has a Review Score of 7.7 (7.651)

The Review Score of 7.7 (maximum of 10) for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.1 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.583 for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (47 Excellents x 5) + (20 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 72 Ratings = 4.583

The 3.068 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 14.6 positive Reviews (73 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 14.6 Target = 0.068

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

Nursing staff were friendly and always busy.
It did seem that they were understaffed.
Patients requesting the toilet or other things were made to wait until staff were free to deal with it but sometimes had to be reminded.
Food looked adequate and nicely presented.
Not easily accessible, door locked and took a while to get in.
Resorted to knocking on a window after waiting 20 minutes to gain access.
Hairdresser and entertainment good.
Glad it was only respite though.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Likely

I'm always satisfied what they do for me and couldn't wish for better. There's always something arranged for us to do.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Don't know

I am as happy as I can be living at the care home. The staff are lovely and my bedroom which has recently been decorated is lovely.

How likely would you be to recommend The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home? Extremely Likely

I have fun with the staff and they look after me. Generally I'm looked after well, I like it here. I have been here for 8 years so it must be good!

Over the years, I have been in many services, mental health units and also admitted to hospital because I suffered with depression, stress and anxiety. Nowhere really helped until I met the manager here at The Oaks. She came to assess me and I trusted every word she said. In the hospital, no one had time to spend with me so I was not getting any support with my issues.

I came to The Oaks feeling depressed, I didn't have any confidence, and for years I had never been out shopping because I was too anxious. Since I came to The Oaks for respite with the help of the staff, I slowly regained my confidence, I was able to go shopping and communicate with other people, something I had been struggling with for a long time. My family are really proud of me and because of my depression and anxiety, I hadn't been eating properly which worried my family even more.

The care and support I have received at The Oaks has made a big difference to my life and also to my families. The staff helped in they way they spoke to me, the way they treated me with dignity and respect, took me out when I needed to go out, they also encouraged me to start eating again. The best part of it was they spent time with me.
I have such a laugh and a joke with the staff which is lovely and something that never happened in the hospital. They treat me as me which was all I ever wanted anyone to do. They welcomed me on board from the minute I got there and I have never looked back. I have had a new hair do, new clothes, nails manicured. I feel better than I have in years and they welcome me back with open arms every time I am here.

I am happy at the care home, there is a source of happiness that comes from somewhere. The staff are friendly, all well trained and they are there for me if I need them.

Submit a Review for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Oaks and Little Oaks Care Home