588 Altrincham Road, Brooklands, Manchester M23 9JH
Maybank House is a family owned residential care home which has just celebrated its 30th anniversary and their door is always open to visitors.
The home is staffed by a loyal caring team, many have been with the home for more than 15 years.
Maybank House Achieved the Investors in People award in 2007 which has been successfully reviewed since then. The home also achieved the "Dignity" award and played a part in developing the "Brownie badge for dignity".
Maybank House Care Home is a residential home for the elderly with centrally heated accommodation for 25 residents in 19 single and 3 twin-bedded rooms, which are tastefully decorated and furnished with basins/vanity units or en-suites and television points. Several bedrooms have patio doors leading onto the gardens.
There are three comfortable, well-furnished lounges. The rear lounge leads out to the patio area and gardens. There is an integrated dining area, which is also used for activities such as board games, painting, craft, etc.
• Three lounges with colour television and DVDs.
• Library in house facility with large and small print books as well as talking books.
• Extensive patio and gardens with two mobile vegetable patches.
• Outside, undercover smoking area.
• Car park
• Good food with specialist diets catered for and input from nutritionist.
• Nurses call system and care staff 24 hours.
• Specialist bathing equipment, including Parker Bath and wet room.
• Automatic lift to first floor.
• Personal laundry service.
• Personal supervision by own G.P.
• Visiting Chiropodist, Physiotherapist, Optician, Dentist and Hair Dresser.
• Visits by ministers of religion.
• Regular in-house recreational and social activities.
• Social events and outings organised.
Owner: Maybank House Ltd
Person in charge: Mark Wallis (Registered Manager)
Local Authority / Social Services: Manchester City Council (click for contact details)
Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 25 Service Users
Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age
Admission Information: Private and social services \manchester Trafford surrounding area local authority. Ages 65+.
Single Rooms: 19
Shared Rooms: 3
Rooms with ensuite WC: 3
Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £500 – £550 , Personal Care Shared (per person) £500 – £525 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Maybank House to find out the exact price for your requirements.)
Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access
Close to bus servises 11, 11a, 18, 108, 109, 114, 168, 290, 370, 371, 500, 01, 902
Close to Metro
Stretford, Sale,Timperley,Altrincham, and central Manchester (bus link needed)
Please note that the metro link has now been extended giving greater accessibility.
Maybank House has an open door policy but asks visitors to be respectful of other residents. After 10am and before 9pm where possible unless prior arrangements are made and also asks visitors to avoid meal times as a courtesy to other residents. Lunch is between 12.00 and 1.00, Dinner is between 5.00 and 6.00, supper is served from 8pm.
A large car park with access to the entrance on the corner of Altrincham and Ferndown Road.
Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Maybank House: click here
* Care Quality Commission is responsible for the registration and inspection of social care services in England.
There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Maybank House