Owner: Arch Initiatives

Person in charge: Natasha Harris (Deputy Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , Registered for a maximum of 20 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Substance Misuse

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Drug Dependence (past or present)

Admission Information: No serious psychiatric morbidity, no couples. Ages from 18 to 65.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single up to £1190 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Birchwood to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Gardens for residents

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Birchwood: click here

8 Birchwood has a Review Score of 8 (8.025)

The Review Score of 8 (maximum of 10) for Birchwood is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 221 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Birchwood in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 3.3 out of 5 from 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.775 for Birchwood is calculated as follows: ( (2144 Excellents x 5) + (387 Goods x 4) + (85 Satisfactorys x 3) + (5 Poors x 2) + (5 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 2626 Ratings = 4.775

The 3.25 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Birchwood is based on 1 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 = 3

2. Target of 4 positive Reviews (20 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 1 Reviews ÷ 4 Target = 0.250

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Birchwood?

Reviewer Connection to Birchwood

It is with regret, that I have had 2x3 days stays in the last 13 months. This review takes in my experience of both visits. I have only praise for every member of staff who treat you with the utmost dignity at all times. The establishment is always spotlessly clean and provides great food. The accommodation is modern and boasts a room with wheelchair access, plus an accessible lift to get to lower levels. Birchwood should be justifiably proud of the service it provides to its clients. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I mention I was in twice. If you get it wrong the first time never be ashamed and get more support.

You only fail, when you stop trying. Life is so good when clean.

For potential clients: I have mentioned the dedication of the staff who have to deal at times with very trying clients. They are also firm with breakers of the house rules. If you need help with your addiction then respect the Staff and establishment.

Be Safe!

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I arrived because of health (ref GP). I leave a lot healthier. This is down to excellent care and advice given. The staff, I couldn't praise high enough, friendly and so helpful. Excellent support and non-judgemental. The facilities were also high quality and food high standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Made to feel relaxed instantly. All staff will always talk to you any time of the day/night, be it just light conversation to in-depth trouble help. A welcoming, warm, safe environment which has felt more 'homely' than my own! Thank you Birchwood for everything. I have learned a lot about myself whilst here with your help.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I cannot praise the staff of this centre highly enough for their care and professionalism. They perform their duties with grace and good humour. I feel they have a genuine concern for my wellbeing - they are after all trying to save my life!

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I can't fault any member of staff. Fully supportive of my needs. The building is very clean. The food was beautiful, treated with respect by all staff. Met some nice people. However did struggle with one particular client. Other than this there were no other negatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My week away at detox was a good start to my abstinence. It was the "kick-start" I needed. The staff were professional and caring and the daily schedule was well-planned. Also, the environment both inside and outside was very pleasant. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

The staff have all been fantastic, supportive and caring. I couldn't have asked for any more. The food has been good too. Thank you to all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

As a first time resident, I was very nervous and scared. On arrival, all the staff were very welcoming and friendly. My assessments were all done very professionally and quickly, again with a friendly manner. I was very impressed with the building as I wasn't expecting such a comforting place to recover. The staff in general during my time here have been very friendly and helpful, day and night, excellent service.
My medication was presented efficiently every time. The food was also beyond my expectations. My only complaint would be that I had no bedside lamp for reading before sleeping, and no mirror in my nearest bathroom for shaving. All in all, thank you Birchwood for the care during my detox.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have experienced a really comfortable stay, all the staff been great and made my detox a lot easier.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

During my time at Birchwood, I found all the staff to be very kind, caring and supportive to my every need. I was in for 2 weeks and they all looked after me by talking to me when I was upset and they also sorted most of the problems I had when I came in. I would recommend the service to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

It's been a nice experience, but could have stayed longer.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

Staff were so nice and helpful. Cannot thank you enough!!!

Very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Don't know

Friendly staff and residence. Food is excellent as usual. Room very high standard. The group meeting was informative.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

Fantastic service and staff once again.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My experience was excellent, the staff were more than helpful in every way and made my stay second to none. I would like to say thanks very much with all my heart.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My stay at Birchwood was difficult at first but the staff, all the staff, changed that and gave me strength and hope of a fresh new star. They got me back on my feet and I'm very glad I came here. If other people in my situation need help and guidance, Birchwood is the place to be.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Very good as I saw the nurse first, I saw a helper, my meds really helped, staff very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I did find it really daunting and scary at first but the staff were brilliant, helpful and supportive of my fear. Once I settled in and associated with others and engaged in the activities I felt really welcome. The food and facilities were great (the chef gave me a choice of food as I'm fussy and have allergies). They looked after me with the utmost of care which I'm totally grateful for. There was someone to speak to whenever I needed them (which was a lot of the time). Thank you to all at Birchwood.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Great staff, very welcoming. Lots of support. Knowledgable in all aspects.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have had a really good experience, the clients really supported me along with the staff. I have not felt as happy as I have until now. I have been very lucky to come into Birchwood due to the opportunity for recovery and the dynamics are great. The staff are fantastic and very knowledgeable and supportive. I am leaving very happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My experience here was amazing, the staff, and I mean all the staff were the best people in the world. I would have lost my life if it was not for these beautiful people. The care was so amazing, they were always there when needed.
All I can say is they all need a big pay rise, I have had so many people looking after me in my life and it never worked, but when I came to Birchwood, wow they are the best people in the world.
All the staff work so so hard, they listen and when you need a cuddle they give you a cuddle and they were always there to help me 24 hours a day. If I had bigger words to say thanks, I would say it, you are all super!

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have found my stay at Birchwood to be great, the staff have been brilliant and they are all very nice. I have been well supported in any help I needed. I would recommend coming into Birchwood and the food is very good.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My experience here at Birchwood has been really helpful and a good thing meeting people in similar situations to myself. The medication I have received has worked brilliantly and has stopped all withdrawal symptoms I was experiencing.
The group meetings have been really interesting and all the staff have been very helpful. The food has been great and the bedroom I stayed in was quiet, clean and tidy. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Felt a bit shy and secluded on my first day but after that, I have made a lot of new friends and being here has done me the world of good.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Birchwood for me is the most positive experience I have had for my detox and recovery. I would recommend anyone needing treatment to ask for help immediately and aim for a stay at Birchwood.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Had a great detox. Staff very supportive and helpful. 24 hours nursing support. Kept checking on me, even at night. Very good group sessions.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My stay was enjoyable, I was looked after well. I was anxious initially but the staff put me at ease and looked after me well. I would recommend others to come to Birchwood as the schedule is effective and I've had a lot of support. I've had lots of help with my aftercare plan and ready to start my recovery.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

Staff are amazing, welcoming and warm. Easy to approach and caring individuals. Really looked after :). Thank you all! You've saved my life.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My time at Birchwood was very helpful for my detox, staff very friendly and helpful. Group sessions are informative.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

I have received excellent care throughout the duration of my stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

"What a brilliant place". The food, staff the whole place and everything it stands for. It has given me my life back again. Praise the Lord what a place. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I felt very supported and encouraged to succeed by everyone there and feel I learnt a lot from the group meetings.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Glad I have been allowed to stay but its been difficult due to my condition. Overall its been excellent as usual. Staff here are all nice people and are there to help with any problem you may have.

Care / Support: Poor

My stay has been a good eye opener. I have learned so much about alcohol and what it does to you. I am feeling positive and want to stay sober forever. The staff have been excellent and a real support I feel sorry to leave as have made some good friends too. I have been given the tools to move forward with my sobriety.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I can't fault my stay in Birchwood, staff the best from walking in the door, lovely smiling welcome! Got everything I needed when needed. My room was lovely. Food amazing. Staff kept my anxiety down when asked questions was happy to tell the truth because I trust everyone I have had to deal with. I thank you all for getting me started on two feet again XXX :) XXX

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My stay at Birchwood was really helpful. The staff were really encouraging and helpful to talk to and the group meetings were helpful too, my peers, we all helped each other along which has made me a much more positive person and I wish them all well!

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

The support is excellent. All staff are pleasant reassuring and understanding and treat everyone with humility and respect. The group classes are very helpful and explain in a way so all can understand. The general environmental is great. The rules are fair and are good in helping build a structured stay and can only benefit us upon leaving.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Made very comfortable. Staff very helpful. Fantastic Food.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Just done a Meth, Benzo and Beer detox over 4 weeks, been really well looked after by all staff who were all really supportive. No complaints just wish there was more available and weekends and groups were aimed more at people like me not just alcohol detox.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I found the staff at Birchwood thoroughly caring and helpful. I did complete my detox and the staff ensured I had a place in after care.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Helpful staff, previous problems after leave with arranged after care not being in contact with me even after my own several attempts to access the care, even spoke leader. No key worker followed my after care.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

As before the help and support from staff and peers was excellent. Full recovery made. No complaints, although I do expect to be here again. Food 1st class, which was important. Many, many thanks to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Here at Birchwood is the best thing I have ever done. The care is second to none, nothing is ever too much trouble for staff. The facilities are out of this world. They have given me a second chance at life I thought I'd lost. Superb.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Absolutely brilliant experience and has helped me so much, I cannot put into words. The staff have been brilliant - each and every one of them, incredibly supportive, kind, friendly and so adept at their jobs. The facility is also excellent, with a lovely garden and nice, light, comfortable rooms and bedrooms accompanied with nice food. I cannot rate this facility highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

This has really got me looking at things in a different light, as now it's time to grow up and get my priorities right, and this is thanks to the staff and my peers who have been a great help. I would recommend it to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Excellent staff, classes, food and programme.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My stay has been fantastic in every way. It has without a doubt helped me on my road to recover, beyond belief.
All of the staff have been amazing. Actually I am sad but excited to leave.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have been very well looked after and I am very grateful.

Very good...

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Staff were good to work with. The food was like a five star hotel. Bedrooms are good.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Very helpful friendly staff always there to help. Great clients which all got on well. Excellent food and facilities. Didn't like the bed by midnight rule especially when feeling anxious and couldn't sleep.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Wonderful place, friendly and informative staff. Excellent course material. Great food. Beautiful unit. My experience here was amazing but unfortunately due to funding I feel the length of stay was not long enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My stay at Birchwood has been fantastic the staff are amazing really caring. The classes are brilliant and has given me a lot of confidence in my next step.The food has been fantastic as well. Big pat on the back for an all round team effort for a person that really needed help. Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I felt welcome, the staff have treated me well and the unit is brilliant. I was treated well within my detox and the groups were very informative. I enjoyed them and recommend. If any carers in to speak to staff as they help you a lot. I was treated fairly and equally. The food is excellent and all the staff are amazing.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Mum is well cared for 24 hours a day, which is a relief to family. To know she is always safe is a great comfort to us and allows us to carry on day to day, without the worry we once had.
The staff are caring and treat mum respectfully.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Staff were caring and most issues are sorted. Felt safe, mordern place. Comfortable surroundings enjoyed the groups.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I entered Birchwood House a very poorly woman and came out nearly a new and healthy person. I have received kind and loving care. Birchwood has rules which are structured and have helped with my recovery and has helped me to go home and be normal again. On my first day naturally I was ill and anxious, but staff and kind residents helped me to relax and fit in with the Birchwood routine.
All staff have been kind, friendly and professional. I have found the garden extremely relaxing. My room is lovely and comfortable and the living room is great. I have thrown myself straight away into the group meetings even on my first morning on arrival which I would recommend to everyone. It has stopped me from being antisocial and has also helped my recovery. I would definitely recommend Birchwood to any poorly addict.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My experience at Birchwood has been beyond excellent. The staff have been exceptional.
The care I got was excellent. This experience has helped me so much in my recovery.
The clients also were a big part of my recovery, we helped one another so much. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My stay at Birchwood was a pleasant surprise although difficult at times due to my physical and mental varied state during the detox. Despite this, I am happy with the way the staff treated me and others which was always professional, sincere, friendly, caring and compassionate.
Especially with the more permanent members of the staff. The one thing relating to this that may be approached in future is a more permanent structure to night staff etc. Only reason would be improved trust, better communication between clients and staff. Another recommendation would be some more healthy form of activities or an idea pot for the community at weekends for boredom.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

My stay at Birchwood has been very helpful, the staff are excellent and answer any queries you have they made me feel very welcome and secure. They all made me feel good about myself, I've really learnt a lot within my stay here at Birchwood. Food was excellent, lovely clean bedrooms, and great to meet other residents in my situation.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have been in rehab/detox in 2012 and remember it like yesterday, but can honestly say it was 100 times better going from the care, staff, rules everything. I felt so looked after and I'm so grateful to them all for all their hard work.
I hope I never need to come back for obvious reasons but this is the place I would as I completely trust them. As silly as this sounds I'm going to miss everyone. Thank you to all the staff, you are wonderful people and I will never forget you!! xx

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I was booked in for alcohol and methadone detox for up to 28 days, I'm leaving alcohol and drugs free after just 16 days! That alone should say it all, remarkable! What a beautiful caring and comfortable place to get clean 10/10.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I found staff very helpful and friendly but it would run more smoothly if there was permanent staff. Not agency staff. Also some people don't have visitors on a Sundays, I feel there should be alternative things for people without visitors to do, but overall excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I thought it was hard at times, but really help you out, staff are brill, honest and check on you always. Food was brill, thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

The staff and residents have been amazing in my recovery and I couldn't have asked for more.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have had a wonderful stay, I cannot praise the staff enough. The food was good and I would like to pass on my gratitude for making my detox as painless and pleasurable as possible. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I can only give full praise for the care and treatment I was given. All staff were always helpful and pleasant which went a long way to helping me during my stay.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I had a good experience and really enjoyed my stay, food was excellent but there could be more activities to keep you occupied. I was disappointed I wasn't able to complete my full detox in this environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

When I first came in to Birchwood I felt withdrawn and not very optimistic. As the week went on I started to get my confidence back. It was also nice to see other people get better. I am very grateful for the support.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Excellent programme. Excellent Staff. Food lovely. Lacking activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My experience on the whole has been a positive one. The staff are all extremely friendly and respectful, professional and courteous. The food is excellent. Everyone is cheerful and the atmosphere is great. The only problem for me was that I felt another couple of days would have been helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

A life changing experience, fantastic, committed, dedicated, caring staff, always felt welcomed and safe. Groups were for me, life changing, and so informative! I would seriously recommend anyone in need of Birchwood services, please don't hesitate. :)

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I have had a wonderful time here, everyone, staff and residents were very welcoming. Was a life changing experience. I have walked away knowing that there is lots of support and lots to friends. I cannot thank all the staff and residents here enough. Will definitely recommend to friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Very caring, polite and thoughtful staff that would help out with any problems whatsoever. Impressed with the standard of professionalism of the medical care. Did think some of the rules were a bit strict but I realise they are in place for genuine reasons. Lots of stepped access required to rooms - would have appreciated hard rails on both sides of the stair walls when feeling unsteady. Excellent and nutritious food. What I was dreading would be a 'nightmare' week turned out to be just the opposite. Educational talks are very informative and well presented.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I could not recommend Birchwood highly enough. Caring highly professional staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. All clients treated with dignity and humanity.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Excellent staff and great accommodation.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

A very welcoming environment both from the residents and staff. Spotlessly clean. The group therapy sessions were interesting and you always learnt something. The food and chefs were magnificent and helpful. I thought when I came in I would dread it but today on leaving I am a little bit sad, but still happy to be going home. The residents are so caring for each other it's amazing. The staff are so professional it amazes me they know our name from day one. The facilities are everything you need and it's a comfortable stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Its been a joy to experience all your friendliness. Thank you to all.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My experience was a learning curve, it helped me find myself and I hope it has changed my life for the better, and how I am now able to conduct my life.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Staff are excellent, had the best care possible. I will really miss Birchwood, peers are also very supportive, and finally after years they managed to get someone to look at my leg and it is much better. Will miss everyone and give my love to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

I was so nervous on arrival, but within half an hour I was completely at ease. I found the staff to be friendly yet professional at all times. I thought the open door policy comforting, just to know I could talk to a member of staff 24 hours a day. Fantastic thank you so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

Brilliant service all the staff extremely helpful and has helped me a lot.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Treated with dignity and respect. Groups were informative staff and management were professional. I realise this is a detox centre but personally I think I could have done with a few more days.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Whilst a resident at Birchwood, I found the staff very good and residents very friendly. The surroundings were nice. I have learn't a lot whilst resident at Birchwood, one of the best units I have ever been in.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

My time here has been one that prior to entering was very apprehensive. Once my assessment took place I was reassured and felt more at ease.
All the information provided was very informative and enabled me to have opportunities to start my recovery.
Some members of staff are times were abrupt but this was dealt with in a non confrontational way. Overall my experience was a very positive one and this will help me on leaving.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

It was scary at first for me as my nerves are bad but people, everyone, was so kind in helping me, showing me around, teaching me, after that I got on with it all and interacted as long as you obey the rules. You will get on. Food is fantastic and plentiful. I had "NO" thoughts about alcohol what so ever, bloody marvelous for me!! :) Wish I could stay longer. xx

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Likely

Had a great stay, staff fab, thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

The rehabilitation care/detox care I received during my stay in Birchwood was excellent. Many thanks to all the staff. Much appreciated.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

All staff treat me with respect from the cleaner, kitchen and care professionals. Lovely place residents were lovely and we helped one another and the place was clean.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Birchwood is a caring and conscientious unit. The staff are committed and caring. The facilities are excellent and well maintained. The medical staff are amazing. The whole staff team are amazing. My only draw back/criticism is a lack of activities in "down time" when not in group etc. There is often service user confusion about key worker support/care plans etc.
Need two handrails on all stairs.

Activities: Very Poor

Wonderful stay at Birchwood. Staff couldn't do enough for you, more than helpful, food was fantastic. On the road to recovery with the help I have had.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Was surprised on arrival was not expecting Birchwood to be as it was. Staff and residents very helpful and friendly, food and rooms and facilities excellent. Would recommend anyone in my situation to Birchwood.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

When I came in on the first day I was very nervous. The staff made me feel so welcome. The care, support and help I have been given has changed me for the better in so many ways. I have been given a new life now and its all thank to Birchwood. I cannot put into words how grateful and thankful that I am. So thank you to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

An excellent all round level of care provision, superb facilities. Excellent food and informative treatment package.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Everyone was treated with utmost respect by all staff who are also considerate to everyone's needs. The groups classes are very productive and useful and are conducted in a nice manner and explained well (very useful). The staff are always there to pick you up when feeling down. I personally find it difficult to mix, as are many, but this is encouraged and is a good thing as it has also helped my recovery. The whole program, is great.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

When i came into Birchwood I was a nervous wreck. I didn't know what to expect but when coming through the door I was introduced to everyone who made me feel very welcome. The staff have being amazing and were there for me at all times 24 hours a day. Food was great. I was made to feel very comfortable and I feel so much better and alive after being here. Great service. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

The whole experience has been brilliant. Really happy with the staff and the help I have received. Well prepared for the outside world. Thank you for your help. Many Thanks.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

The staff are very thorough and very polite, all clients very friendly, good atmosphere amongst the house. The care and support that i was given has been excellent, certain issues and encouraged me to seek further support. The rapport i had with staff was excellent, staff experiences highlight the value of seeking support. On the road to recovery, thanks very much for all your help.

How likely would you be to recommend Birchwood? Extremely Likely

Staff and residents were excellent, very helpful and supportive. The chairs in group room were very incompatible. It got boring at times. Bedrooms were very comfortable. The building is spotless. Would recommend anyone who need this type of support to come here and would like to thank all the staff for their support and much needed help. Thank you.

Submit a Review for Birchwood