Cambridge Park

Peterhouse Road, Off Cambridge Road, Grimsby DN34 5UX

Cambridge Park is a modern home providing high quality residential care for those needing additional support and living with dementia.

Situated just outside Grimsby town centre, the home has ensuite rooms decorated to a high standard, with modern furnishings and fittings.

The brightly decorated communal areas are airy and spacious and provide a space for residents to spend time together, often taking part in activities and enjoying entertainment or simply relaxing with friends and family.

The on-site activity coordinator prepares a programme of events that changes daily, striving to meet the individual interests and hobbies of the residents. Specialist champions within the home including dementia care and men’s wellbeing, aim to provide a varied and engaging lifestyle for residents.

The home regularly engages with members of the local community, including school exchanges and visits to the nearby shops. There are also secure gardens, which are greatly enjoyed during the warmer months.

Group: Orchard Care Homes

Person in charge: Robert Haigh (Care Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North East Lincolnshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 60 Service Users

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

On the outskirts of Grimsby, off Cambridge Road - situated on Peterhouse Road a short distance from town centre.

Visitors welcome at any time.

Free on-site parking available.

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Cambridge Park: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Cambridge Park is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Cambridge Park in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.488 for Cambridge Park is calculated as follows: ( (107 Excellents x 5) + (36 Goods x 4) + (21 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) + (1 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 166 Ratings = 4.488

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Cambridge Park is based on 9 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 12 positive Reviews (60 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 9 Reviews ÷ 12 Target = 0.750

9.2 Cambridge Park has a Review Score of 9.2 (9.238) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Cambridge Park?

Reviewer Connection to Cambridge Park

My husband has been at Cambridge Park almost a year and over that time he has settled in very well and much of this is due to the staff and how they deal with him.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Rob Haigh, Home Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 26 Mar 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Cambridge Park, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you are happy with the care your husband is receiving. We very much believe that the residents are part of our family and it is gratifying to hear that you have found that your husband has settled in well.
Kind regards Rob Haigh, Home Manager

My dad has been in the home for nearly two months and the care has been excellent. All the staff are friendly, helpful and very caring. I would highly recommend the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Rob Haigh, Home Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 22 Feb 2018:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review for Cambridge Park, your positive feedback is greatly appreciated and I will most certainly pass your comments on to the team. As a team, we strive to provide the best care possible for our residents and I am pleased to hear that you find the staff friendly, helpful and caring. It is also pleasing to hear that you would highly recommend the home, which is the greatest outcome that we always strive to achieve.
Kind regards, Home Manager.

Generally, we are satisfied with mums overall care. We are concerned that mum doesn't get out of bed every day. I know she is stubborn and refuses to move. The staff are very friendly and always willing to help. Things are improving generally, however, I do think the home would benefit from an on-site handyman.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Likely

I have experienced 11 years of visiting this care home and seen many good and bad things about it. But the best thing which has always been consistent is the care from the staff, who have given my mother in law much care and done with great dignity and love. I have noticed a big difference in the last 2/3 months since the new manager - how much cleaner the rooms are and how he is connecting with us as well as the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Likely

Our mum has been resident here for one year after looking around numerous other local services. She has settled well with staff support. Carers genuinely care. The service is clean and has no malodours. Activities are available. As a family, we are able to visit anytime and made to feel welcome. Mum appears happy and her dementia is managed well with appropriate support from visiting professionals. Have and will continue to recommend this service.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Likely

I looked at several homes before choosing Cambridge Park and I chose this one because it was so clean, friendly and smartly dressed carers. Above all, I can go home after visiting my sister and know she is safe and well cared for because those girls are Angels from the management to kitchen staff and cleaners. You as a company should be proud of your care home and your staff.
Pure Angels each and every one of them.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Amy Anna Davis, Deputy Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 16 Nov 2017:

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive for our care home, Cambridge Park, all feedback is much appreciated and I will certainly pass your comments on to the team. The staff strive to be as friendly and as caring as possible to all of our residents so that their relatives know that they are safe and well cared for when they go home. We, as a home, have each service users person-centred care at the heart of what we do and I am pleased to read that you have noticed this.
Amy Anna Davis, Deputy Manager.

Home from home Cambridge Park is an absolutely stunning home angels for staff. The care level is so high not a minute goes by that I worry about my aunts care. The carers and management are to the highest standard. I know that my aunt is safe, warm, fed beautiful food and cared for on a level that is as she was family to them. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Cambridge Park, all feedback is really appreciated and I will definitely pass your comments on to the team. I am very pleased to read that you know your Aunt is safe in our home and that you don’t have to worry as much because of this. As you have seen we have each resident's person-centred care at the heart of what we do and the staff strive to provide the best care possible for each of our service users.
Amy Anna Davis, Deputy Manager.

In our experience you have angels as staff, they look after my sister, the food is good. They keep her lovely, clean and her health is good. She has never been looked after so well so I say to you all thank you for all you do and your staff. She couldn't want for anything better.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Sherri Nicholson, Home Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 07 Nov 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to write a positive review for Cambridge Park, all feedback is much appreciated and I will certainly pass your comments onto the team, they will be very pleased. I am very pleased to read that you feel your mum is being looked after so well as we strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident's person-centred care at the heart of what we do.

The care that my husband has received, as a long term resident, is excellent. The staff, in my opinion, go above and beyond their job description to help all residents with excellent care and compassion. They are also very supportive to relatives, especially as, at times, they can be upset. The staff also treat all residents with dignity, whatever their condition, and constantly update relatives as to treatment, medical conditions etc. The managers are also very helpful and approachable at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Likely

Sherri Nicholson, Home Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 22 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a positive review for Cambridge Park, we are always pleased to receive feedback and I will certainly share it with the team. We strive to provide the best care possible and have each resident's best interests at the heart of what we do and I am glad to hear your husband is receiving this care and that you feel supported too as we try and make the relatives feel at home also.
Kind regards, Sherri Nicholson, Home Manager

Residents seem to be cared for. But sadly lacking in any activities since new management took over, i.e. lack of volunteers to help such activities.
My mum of great age has all her faculties and gets very bored and low in spirits when in her room all day, every day.
Because I am far away from her and getting old myself, I am not able to physically help her or others who need more stimulation.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Don't know

Sherri Nicholson, Home Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 09 Aug 2017:

Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we take all comments and feedback on board as we strive to provide the very best care for the family and friends of our residents. We have two Activity Coordinators in place who plan a varied programme of events and activities during the day, evenings and weekends to suit the varied interests and needs of our residents, such as your mother, and we now have access to a minibus for external excursions. We will aim to work together as a team to ensure that we are engaging with your mother to find activities that appeal to her. Please do feel free to chat about this with us in more detail in person should you wish.
Sherri Nicholson, Home Manager

Our mother has been at 'Cambridge Park' for over 8 years. In that time, we have never needed to complain about any issues at all. Every member of staff has always been kind and polite.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Sherri Nicholson, Care home manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 27 Sep 2016:

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. It is great to hear such positive feedback for our home.
We do work hard to make sure our residents are happy and well looked after and that their families are made to feel welcome too.
We are so glad your mother has enjoyed her stay so far.
Kind regards.

My mum has been a resident for 3 1/2 years and is very happy at Cambridge Park I too am very satisfied with the care she receives and if I have any concerns the staff/management are very approachable and helpful. The atmosphere is very friendly and residents have a varied programme of activities and are encouraged to participate and families are made to feel very welcome at all times. Any concerns are listened to and acted upon and residents are treated as individuals rather than being "lumped together" and sitting in a room staring at a TV. The staff do an amazing job dealing with "difficult" ladies and gents in as homely atmosphere as is possible. Very happy!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Sherri Nicholson, Care home manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 28 Sep 2016:

Thank you for leaving such a positive and detailed review for Cambridge Park.
We are so happy that your mother feels comfortable and well cared for.
It is lovely to hear that our staff are doing a good job and that you feel you can approach them with any concerns. Communication is so important between staff and resident's families.
Best wishes.

My husband has been in 5 different care homes and this one is by far the best. The staff are kind and understanding and do everything possible to care for my husband and support me. I don't have to worry about him at all. They deserve a medal for their patience and a pay rise!

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Thank you very much for your kind words regarding your husband's stay at Cambridge Park.
It is so important to us that our residents feel happy and well cared for, and that their families are content in the knowledge that their loved ones are safe.

Kind regards

What a special place! For all the care you have given to dad during his stay at Cambridge Park over the last two years.

It was so important to us that dad was able to reside in such a caring environment with such an impeccably high standard of care, delivered with such warmth.
To be treat with dignity and respect.

As a care home we are thankful to each and every one for the wonderful work you do, caring and supporting Dad.

For delivering the whole care package provided and your dedicated work and for taking the time to get to know all you’re residents.

The work that you do is so very precious to all who reside with you.

How likely would you be to recommend Cambridge Park? Extremely Likely

Sherri Marie Denise Nicholson, Home Manager at Cambridge Park responded to this review on 06 Apr 2016:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us, we really do appreciate all the feedback we receive. Our team of compassionate staff at Cambridge Park strive to maintain a person-centred approach to care, developing rapport and friendships with the residents and meeting their individual needs and requirements. We are pleased to hear that your dad is comfortable at Cambridge Park and that you regard the home so positively.

Submit a Review for Cambridge Park

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Cambridge Park

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cambridge Park