Woodlands

Great North Road, Wideopen, Newcastle upon Tyne NE13 6PL

Woodlands is part of the North East Care Homes portfolio and has been established to support comfortable lifestyles, while employing highly-trained care workers skilled in specialist needs such as dementia.

Residents' choices and wishes are honoured at all times, as the provider is focused on a personalised approach where care plans are always assessed in advance.

Homemade meals support a strong healthy eating philosophy and staff assist residents with the management of medication.

Group: North East Care Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Julie Robinson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: North Tyneside Metropolitan Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 42 Service Users

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Hindi, Panjabi, Punjabi, Romanian

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single from £508 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Woodlands to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Fee's will increase in line with council payments each April.

If a trial stay, short stay, respite stay, night care or day care is required rates can be negotiated with the home.

Podiatrist, Hairdressing, physicotherapy, toiletries, top up may be required when seeing dentist, optician.
We hold regualr raffles and sweet trolleys which are chargable.

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

On site parking available

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Woodlands: click here

The Review Score of 9.8 (maximum of 10) for Woodlands is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Woodlands in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.804 for Woodlands is calculated as follows: ( (139 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) + (4 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 168 Ratings = 4.804

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Woodlands is based on 10 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8.4 positive Reviews (42 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 10 Reviews ÷ 8.4 Target Reached = 1

9.8 Woodlands has a Review Score of 9.8 (9.804) from 14 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Woodlands?

Reviewer Connection to Woodlands

• Great-grandson of Resident/Service User

I have found the care given to my mother to be compassionate caring and efficient. The room could probably do with being refurbished. The food is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

My mother was resident of Woodlands care home for 5 years, in that time she had been well cared for if we did have any concerns we talked them through with the staff. My mum died on November 29th. The staff were exceptional. They cared for her with love, dedication, dignity and kindness and when my mum left us - they cared for us.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Likely

Went to visit grandmother and found that she is well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

Went to visit my grandma in the home and it was a very pleasant experience and I would recommend this home to friends and family who have unwell relatives.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

My mum went to Woodlands 6 years ago. What attracted her was the room it was really spacious with her own front door and a key giving her still a feeling of privacy and independence.
My mother was happy, safe and well looked after. The staff were very caring and had time for her. If she was unwell they would sit and help feed and give her drinks.
She liked to help out at events and enjoyed the entertainment.
The home cooking was good and plentiful especially the cakes. She enjoyed getting her hair and nails done.
On her birthday she had a cake baked and entertainment put on. I can certainly say mam was well looked after and cared for there.
The staff did all they could to care for mam and ensure she was happy and well.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

My wife has been in Woodlands for over 8 years. If I was not satisfied I would have moved her someplace else. The food is excellent, I stop for lunch on Saturday/Sunday to keep my wife company. The laundry does a good job (occasionally they get lost to other rooms, but with detective work, they are returned). The home is very clean, any mishaps are cleaned straight away. The activity organiser has a hard job. Until more residents come to the home, there are not that many who can actively take part. The home has had some bad press in the past. The staff and situations which caused this are long gone.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

I tend to mention problems as and when they arise. I think the recent renovation has helped considerably and even dads friends who visit commented on the improvement both of who have previously had issues with the home.
Some staff are more approachable/dedicated than others but all in all quite pleasant especially pleased with two people this week who ensured dad was ready for his visitors.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Likely

An excellent dementia care and residential care home, which also caters for respite care needs as well and is located on a main bus route and beside a bus stop, as well as car parking.

It is a very clean and well-maintained building and the staff and management are very friendly and are always on hand for any concerns that any family or friends may have. The meals are excellent and all dietary needs are catered for, however the residents can have anything to eat or drink any time of the day or night, as well as at meal times if they are hungry. Also drinks and biscuits are available throughout the day and night when the residents require them.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

My Mum has been at Woodlands care home now for 9 years in October. During this time she has received excellent care and compassion from both staff and management. As her daughter, I can see how happy and content my mum is and it's her home from home. During difficult times personally, when I lost my Dad and sister suddenly, the staff were very comforting towards my mum and also myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

I was quite concerned at first when I came to Woodlands as I had never been away from home by myself before. The manager and all staff quickly put me at ease and I soon settled in. I found all staff very helpful, supportive and we enjoyed a good laugh.

The facilities and rooms were perfect for me and I have not enjoyed myself so much for a long time. The food, the staff and the friendship and company all mean that I would be happy to return.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Woodlands Care Home was our first place of choice when we looked for respite care for Mam. I was made very welcome on my first visit and found the staff knowledgeable and very willing to help.

I was concerned that Mam would not settle, never having been away by herself, never in hospital, and was amazed at how quickly she adapted and made friends.

I would have no hesitation asking her to return for respite in the future. I cannot comment high enough the care, support and safety that the manager and her team have provided.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Likely

I would always say to anyone looking for a care home to use The Woodlands Care Home. My Mam is very happy here. We as a family have peace of mind. Very, very kind staff, good food and lots of loving care to my Mam. You will never find a care home that really care for your family member in the way that everyone does at The Woodlands Care Home. A while ago, the home was starting to look run down, but not now. New chairs and floors, but at the end of the day, it's care that's important, food and being one big family.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

When we first visited Woodlands with regard to moving my aunt here, the staff were very welcoming and we have had no complaints with regard to her care since. Everyone is very friendly and obliging and my aunt has settled in very well.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands? Extremely Likely

Staff very friendly and helpful. Mam has enjoyed her stay.

Submit a Review for Woodlands