Chaseview Care Home

Off Dagenham Road, Rush Green, Romford RM7 0XY

Located in a residential community in Romford, Chaseview is a friendly care home, offering residential, nursing, residential dementia and nursing dementia care.

The professional staff are also experienced in caring for adults with Parkinson’s and Huntington's disease.

Chaseview offers pleasing interior features including comfortable and spacious lounge areas that provide the ideal setting for relaxing, watching TV and socialising, as well as a quiet lounge which is also used as a sensory room.

Residents can enjoy the wonderful private and secure gardens with its many plants and flowers and a greenhouse. All bedrooms have 24-hour call systems and some have views of the garden.

Mealtimes are tailored to individual preferences and there are light snacks available throughout the day and night. Mid-morning and afternoon tea or coffee is served with a range of sweets.

Monthly and seasonal events add to the atmosphere of the home, with professionals encouraging residents to pursue their own hobbies and personal interests. The home has a hairdresser who works from the site three days a week and a mobile library visits regularly.

Person in charge: Kristine Ogunkoya (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 120 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Chaseview Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.2 (maximum of 10) for Chaseview Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 3.9 out of 5 from 17 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Chaseview Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.3 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 3.871 for Chaseview Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (46 Excellents x 5) + (99 Goods x 4) + (44 Satisfactorys x 3) + (11 Poors x 2) + (2 Very Poors x 1) ) ÷ 202 Ratings = 3.871

The 4.292 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Chaseview Care Home is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 24 positive Reviews (120 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 24 Target = 0.292

8.2 Chaseview Care Home has a Review Score of 8.2 (8.163) from 17 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Chaseview Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Chaseview Care Home

• Son-in-law of Resident/Service User

My mother is happy. What more can any family member wish for?

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

I go home of an afternoon knowing my mum looked after. I'm with mum every day and she joins in all activities throughout the home on a daily basis.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Likely

Due to my mum's Dementia, we have to tell her she is in a private hospital to save further distress. The staff all look after her, all agree to say it is a hospital.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are amazing. I have sometimes moaned about the cleaning and it could still be improved but apart from that, we have no problems with the care. Entertainment has improved.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Staff provide care and support in a difficult and challenging job. While reluctantly accepting I cannot provide the care my husband requires, I appreciate the care and attention given to him by the staff in a pleasant, secure environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Likely

Very good staff and facilities. Food is good and standard of care high.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Likely

On the whole, my experience of Chaseview has been a fairly positive one however, there are areas which could definitely improve upon. Communication concerning medical matters often fall short of how they ought to be and I've now resorted to attending the local doctor's surgery. I have personally found this to be the only way to obtain the correct diagnosis and remedy for the complaints healthwise I've had thus far. Foodwise, although there is plenty to be had, hot meals are often only warm, therefore far less appetising than they otherwise would be, this is no reflection on the staff but a lack of facilities to keep it warm/hot once it gets to the dining room. On the whole, the staff always endeavour to help when and where possible, are respectful of our privacy and give myself and my family all the freedom we require.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Likely

Tom Meyer, Customer Service Administrator at Chaseview Care Home responded to this review on 20 Mar 2017:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing are our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

My mother was well cared for whilst in your care. The staff were always honest, helpful and caring in everything that they do.
I would highly recommend Chaseview and all the staff who work there.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, customer services administrator at Chaseview Care Home responded to this review on 15 Feb 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team

My father has stayed at Chaseview in Hart House on two occasions on respite care and he has really enjoyed his time spent there.
The staff at Chaseview always treat my father with dignity and respect.
He looks forward to his next stay there.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Care Service at Chaseview Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

Overall the home is satisfactory for my mother in law's needs. Food is good. Staff are attentive to her needs. Home is a good location for local buses enabling my mother in law's friends to visit her frequently.
Not enough activities though. Activities appear to happen only once a week.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Likely

I am deeply concerned about the level of staff cover in the evenings. I cannot see how a Senior Nurse and two carers can be responsible for 42 residents at times with the nurse doing medication, one carer doing a tea round and one trying to put residents to bed. There have been many times when I am left in the lounge alone with many residents whilst trying to visit my father in law.
Don't get me wrong the staff are doing a fantastic job in very difficult circumstances but there urgently needs to be more staff on duty at night.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

When Mum first went into the home the care and service were great, but over the last year everything has gone downhill. There is never enough staff, the chef has left and food is unappetising and is generally cold before it gets there. Rooms need updating, not just the hallway.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Chaseview Care Home responded to this review on 21 Nov 2016:

I have always been very pleased with the care and atmosphere in Chase View Care Home. I've always felt very welcomed when visit my mother. I have recommended this home to other people, but the problem is the waiting list as it is obviously popular.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

It is difficult to say whether the standard of care is better than satisfactory because I am not there all the time. There are staff that I can see have different attitudes and I can tell if they are genuine or not. I am concerned about the shortage of staff where carers are concerned at times but especially in relation to nursing. I would like a special mention the senior carer on Kennedy House because he is a good lad and my mum and dad know him to be responsive and understanding. I know that I can approach the home manager any time on a Tuesday or Thursday and have no problems with this.

I would extremely recommend Chaseview Care home to anyone.
My Mother came to Chaseview care home as a palliative care resident in July of this year and stayed in Nicholas House.
Staff were Caring and considerate at all times.
We were able to make the room my Mums own by bringing in as many belongings as we wished to.
Staff were supportive and treated her with dignity and respect at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend Chaseview Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent caring staff, nothing is too much trouble. Spotlessly clean.

Submit a Review for Chaseview Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Recipient: HC-One

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chaseview Care Home