St John's Nursing Home Ltd

129 Haling Park Road, South Croydon CR2 6NN

St John's Nursing Home Ltd, South Croydon, London

St Johns Nursing Home is a well established care home located in a quiet residential area in South Croydon, Surrey. Professionals provide nursing care for the elderly and frail, specialising in dementia care. St Johns Nursing Home is proud to have been one of the first care homes to be certified as having completed the National Gold Standards Framework (GSF) Programme. Their aim is to provide a safe and comfortable environment for residents, with a happy and homely atmosphere. Care workers are committed to providing each resident with an individual care plan to suit their specific needs. St Johns Nursing Home is also very committed to providing a range of activities and outings for clients to stimulate both the mind and body.

Group: Prime Care Group

Person in charge: Susan Nyakudya (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Croydon Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 58 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Speech Impairment • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: All Welcome. Ages 55+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Gujarati, Hindi, Polish, Swahili, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on St John's Nursing Home Ltd: click here

6.9 St John's Nursing Home Ltd has a Review Score of 6.9 (6.855)

The Review Score of 6.9 (maximum of 10) for St John's Nursing Home Ltd is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for St John's Nursing Home Ltd in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 2.3 out of 5 from 7 positive Reviews in the last 2 years. (A 2 year period has been used as there were no positive reviews in the last 12 months)

The Average Rating of 4.553 for St John's Nursing Home Ltd is calculated as follows: ( (94 Excellents x 5) + (62 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 161 Ratings = 4.553

The 2.302 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for St John's Nursing Home Ltd is based on 7 positive Reviews in the last 24 months and is calculated as follows:

1. 3 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 + 0.25 = 4 then divided by 2 = 2.000

2. Target of 11.6 positive Reviews (58 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 7 Reviews ÷ 11.6 Target = 0.603 , then divided by 2 = 0.302

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend St John's Nursing Home Ltd?

Reviewer Connection to St John's Nursing Home Ltd

• Mother of Resident/Service User

Staff here are very friendly and helpful. Very kind to my mother. The management team are very good, always asking us if everything is OK and are we happy with mother's care. If there was anything we weren't happy about we feel confident that it would be rectified.

How likely would you be to recommend St John's Nursing Home Ltd? Extremely Likely

I was visiting my aunt in St John's. She is the third of my aunts to have resided there so I have been visiting the home over many years. I have always found the place welcoming and the staff pleasant. A good atmosphere, I just wish my mother has been in St John's when it was her time to enter a home. I picked on near me which was just about ok.

My wife stayed at the home recently. I should be honest and admit that I was full of trepidation when I brought her in but I was completely wrong. I think that your home is truly outstanding. You have a quite amazing staff who looked after every patient with care, understanding and good humour. The premises are lovely with the grounds for everyone to move. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed. The food is good. I was more than impressed with the activities and the way that your staff makes them inclusive for even the least able residents. In short whats not to like! NOTHING so far as I could tell. It was great to see my wife making friends with the other residents and she would very much like to visit them regularly. As I said to you I would be very pleased if we could come to some arrangement whereby my wife visited the home, say once a week. It would be so good for her and I think that several of your residents would like it too.

St John's has taken great care of my Mother-in-law. It was a great relief to find St John's after she had been in a number of unsuitable places. St John's did an excellent review of her needs assessment and were confident they could meet her needs, which they have. This is despite complex needs which we felt no home would be able to address.
The staff are friendly and seem to genuinely want to help the residents. The nurses are helpful, knowledgeable and approachable.
The home provides a variety of entertainment for the residents. In the last couple of months there have been 2 trips out and 2 performers. This is on top of a standard rota of activities.
I think the food is of very good quality. My relative looks forward to most meals. Everyone is fed properly with no-one being rushed.
The home is being extended and refurbished. The new rooms are excellent. There is a bright and spacious new lounge and a lovely garden.

Our Mother has resided at St Johns for just over a year. She is treated with kindness and consideration at all times and the nursing care is excellent. She has made excellent progress and has settled very well. The home has a very happy atmosphere and is clean and bright. We feel very welcome every time we visit and there is always someone to speak to should we have any questions at all. We have not had any problems at all since our Mum has been in St Johns. When we visit she looks very well, her hair done and clothes clean and immaculate which are things that are very important to her. She enjoys the activities and is thriving in such a caring community. We are so pleased that we managed to find such a lovely place for our Mum and can wholeheartedly recommend it.

My mother was very well cared for and encouraged to make decisions with regards to her care. Every staff member was very considerate and kind, I was happy to leave mum in respite at St Johns, family and friends who visited said how happy and well she looked. I shall hope to be able to use St Johns again in the future. Staff and residents are happy.

My dad and father-in-law were in St John's we were made very welcome they looked after them as if they were family. The staff made us all very welcome and looked after all the family.

My mum seems so happy since she has been here. She is a different person. The staff are so polite and friendly. I spent my mum's birthday with her at the home and it was a lovely experience, very accommodating. Lovely atmosphere.

Carers are extremely good, kind and look after residents very well.

I've always found the staff at St John's Nursing Home to be both helpful and pleasant. There are always many activities and they do their best to include and stimulate all residents as best they can. They are hard working and are very caring and putting others before themselves. I do find at times that they could do with the odd extra staff but overall I am very satisfied with the care my mother receives here.

My wife was resided at this home from 2010 until July 2015 when she died. During this period I visited my wife every day. I noticed how much the carers at this nursing home, looked after the residents and I was impressed with all the care they took.

Friendly welcoming first visit and each thereafter. Plenty of facilities and activities. My mother appears happy and content. She gets along with the staff very well. The care and welfare appear upper most in the staff's minds and this is shown in the care administered. The home is large and warm and inviting and the residents seem content and happy.

My mother has been a resident for over a year. The quality of care at St Johns is of the highest standard. All the staff are caring, kind and patient with the residents. It's a beautiful building and the rooms are always spotlessly clean and tidy. I know my mum is very happy here and so am I knowing she is having the best possible care.

Our son has been at the home for 18 months. We have found the staff very helpful and caring. The activities coordinator is very good and a good planner and organiser. The trips to the seaside and garden centres and very good. We are very satisfied with the care and nursing our son is receiving. The staff all do excellent work.

Submit a Review for St John's Nursing Home Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St John's Nursing Home Ltd