The Mount Care Home, Reading, Berkshire

The Mount has been purpose built behind an impressive house in the heart of the smart and picturesque Berkshire village of Upper Wargrave. Two miles from Twyford, four miles from Henley on Thames, and six miles from Reading.

Being in a village setting, The Mount is accessible, with shops, pubs, restaurants and public transport links being just a short walk away. The Mount operate its own own minibus for your convenience.

The majority of rooms are purpose built and single storey overlooking the sheltered gardens. Most are single rooms with ensuite facilities.

All rooms have television points, a lockable facility for valuables, a nurse call alarm and smoke detectors.

Provide personal, nursing and specialist dementia care for older people on a long term, convalescent and short stay basis. Twenty-four hour cover is provided by a qualified, experienced and committed care team specifically recruited for their sensitivity, dedication and professional expertise in this area of care. All specialist equipment is available.

All Majesticare’s Homes put Residents’ choices first, and at The Mount you are free to eat your meals in dining rooms or in your own room. Happy to provide meals for visitors as well for a nominal charge. Fresh home-cooked food is nutritionally balanced and The Mount caters for special requirements such as vegetarian or soft foods.

At The Mount there is a dedicated activities organiser who arranges a lively social calendar including arts, entertainment, exercise, trips such as shopping, and events in the Home. Also arranges regular visits from Hairdressers, chiropodists, dentists, opticians, local GP’s, and a range of other professionals.

Group: Majesticare

Person in charge: Emma Fielder (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Wokingham Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 37 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on The Mount Care Home: click here

posted 08 Nov 2017

Thank you for viewing our home. We currently have 1 bed vacancy. Please contact our Manager Emma Fielder for further details or to arrange a visit. We look forward to seeing you soon!

9.5 The Mount Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.531)

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for The Mount Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.5 out of 5 from 33 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for The Mount Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 23 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.531 for The Mount Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (216 Excellents x 5) + (156 Goods x 4) + (12 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 384 Ratings = 4.531

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for The Mount Care Home is based on 23 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.4 positive Reviews (37 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 23 Reviews ÷ 7.4 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend The Mount Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to The Mount Care Home

I am more than satisfied with the care and attention provided to my mother by all the staff at The Mount.
My mother suffered from dementia and everyone was very understanding towards us each time we visited.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 23 Oct 2017:

Dear Tom, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are pleased to hear you feel that we cared for Mum so well and that you would be extremely likely to recommend our home. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff teams. Warmest regards, Emma.

My wife has Alzheimer's (PLA, quite advanced) and has been in The Mount now for 2 months. I am convinced she would not get better treatment elsewhere. She is being well looked after by good, caring and well-trained staff, and has a very nice room.

The food is very good, plentiful and varied. The Mount is continually kept clean.

Two enthusiastic and dedicated members of staff ensure a full and varied programme of activities for residents. The management team are helpful and informative and ensure my wife's medical needs are well monitored and catered for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 02 Oct 2017:

Dear John, Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our home. I will ensure that these are shared with the whole team! Warmest Regards, Emma.

Our dad was moved to The Mount in May due to the fact that he needed more nursing care. From the very moment he arrived the staff were so welcoming to Dad and also to us as a family. Dad had lost the ability to speak due to the Alzheimer's, so we had been his voice for some time. All the staff made such an effort to get to know Dad as we were able to tell them all about him and his life. The care he received was fantastic. Which was so lovely for us as a family to feel confident that this was the perfect place for Dad. Unfortunately, Dad was only at The Mount for 10 weeks before he peacefully passed away due to a decline in his Alzheimer's. During Dad's final few days, all the staff were so attentive towards Dad to make him as comfortable as possible. The family were looked after as we stayed with Dad, we were offered cups of tea and lunches in the beautifully decorated vintage tea room within the Mount. We would like to thank all the staff for making Dad feel so welcome and comfortable!

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 04 Sep 2017:

Dear Tanya, Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review. We are pleased to hear that you felt we cared for your Dad so well. Your comments will, of course, be shared with the staff teams. Thank you again.

My wife has dementia and has an amputation above the knee.
When I first visited The Mount, I had certain criteria I looked for.
* A comfortable room which my wife could easily feel was her own.
* A vibrant lounge with voluntary activities and a range of activities being arranged on a daily basis.
* A colourful well stocked and well looked after garden which could be accessed safely and easily.
* Appetising and nourishing food preferably prepared and cooked on site.
* Welcoming regular visits and willing to answer questions about my wife’s care.
* A close working relationship between the home and the local surgery.
* A dedicated team from top to bottom, committed to the residents interested in their well being.

After 9 weeks of my wife being in The Mount, I can honestly say that the team have far exceeded all my expectations. My wife has settled in exceptionally well. They fully deserve the recognition and praise. As a frequent visitor, I enjoy my interaction with the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2017:

Dear Peter, Thank you very much for taking the time to write this detailed review. We are grateful for your very positive feedback - I will, of course, ensure that your comments are shared with the staff teams. Thank you again, Warmest Regards, Emma.

In 2013, my mother was taken ill and required full-time care. After searching local care homes, myself and my two brothers agreed on The Mount Care Home. Our mother was a resident at the home for nearly 4 years. She was very happy there and was well looked after. She participated in the activities and became a well-liked resident. The management and staff were all excellent. We would like to take this opportunity to thank the management and staff for taking care of our mother and would not hesitate to recommend The Mount to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 14 Jul 2017:

Dear Colin, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I will, of course, ensure that your comments are shared with the teams. Thank you again.

Lovely homely atmosphere.
Very welcoming staff in all areas.
Lovely to see so many happy faces.
Excellent food variety.
Lovely lunch with personalised cake for my nan's birthday.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 28 Jun 2017:

Dear Natalie, Thank you so much for your lovely comments and feedback! - I will share this will all of the staff teams. Warmest Regards, Emma.

My husband was treated with the utmost respect and dignity and great consideration given for his condition. He was treated gently and the staff always chatted to him so that he would be aware of what they were doing.
Some of the staff are trained in palliative care and good at their job. All of the staff from cleaners to senior management were welcoming, cheerful, friendly and professional in their approach to the residents.
As a visitor I was treated equally as well as my husband never being left out of tea and cake time and when I stayed overnight offered dinner and breakfast. The home is kept clean and the quality of food is good.
My husband's room was a good size and although towards the end of a corridor, heads would frequently pop through the open doorway with a cheery "how are you today?" I was aware of a variety of activities going on in the home eg. craft, dancing and singers too. I was impressed with the obvious care and attention given to residents.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 19 Jun 2017:

Dear Sylvia, Thank you for your positive feedback and lovely comments. I will share this with the whole team. Warm Regards, Emma.

My father has been in The Mount nursing home for the last four years. I am extremely happy with the care that the nursing home provides. All the staff - nurses, health care, activity and manager are very helpful.

My father is well cared for and staff is attentive to small things. Food is also good - my father is a vegetarian and the home provides nice vegetarian food.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 23 May 2017:

Dear Rishi, Thank you for your review, as always your comments and opinions are valued. We are so pleased that you feel we care for your father so well. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff teams!.
Thank you again, Emma.

The Mount Care Home was a very peaceful, soothing and relaxing place for my Mum to stay at her end of life, it was such a shame that it was so short-lived.
My Mum was always washed, neat and tidy, which was always something she prided herself on being. It was set in extremely pleasant and calming surroundings as she did like to sit outside in the garden when possible.
The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, nothing too much trouble and were willing to make you feel very welcome, whatever time of day you came. It was very clean and tidy.
I have already recommended this Care Home to a couple of my friends that are looking after their parents and may need care soon. I am full of praise that my Mum and her family were treated here.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2017:

Dear Linda, thank you so much for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that you feel that we cared for Mum so well and I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the staff team. Thank you again.

The Mount provides exceptional care for my father-in-law who is suffering from dementia. The staff are kind, thoughtful and patient. Under the excellent leadership of the Manager, they have provided a safe home and warm environment. However, what is even more impressive is the energy and fun the team bring to his day- from live music, to cake decorating (who knew!) -his quality of life has improved and he is so much happier. He still has dementia but everyone at The Mount treats him with respect and as an individual. I can't recommend this place, this team more highly.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 27 Mar 2017:

Dear Jackie, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for sharing your comments. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff team. Thank you again, Emma.

My mother has been a resident at The Mount Care Home for approximately 1 year and I have been very happy with the care and support she has received.
The staff are friendly and attentive, treating the residents with respect. She has a care and well being plan that has been discussed with us. Trained nurses dispense medication and are very focused on the health of the residents, they are quick to arrange a doctors visit if it is required. In addition to monitoring health, well being includes many activities includes arts and crafts, fairs, cake sales, entertainers, trips to the shops etc.
The food is very good and there is plenty of it, whilst the additional 'cafe style' coffee room with it's cooler cabinet of cakes, is a very nice (and a little more private) area to meet my mother without having to go to her room. Let's be honest, old people like a moan and my mother is no exception, but overall she is happy in a safe and caring environment, which is a massive worry off of our shoulders.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 20 Mar 2017:

Dear Mark, thank you very much for your detailed review - as always your comments and views are appreciated and valued - We are so pleased that you feel that we care for Mum so well. I will ensure that these are fed back to the staff teams! Thank you again!

Careful staff, happy and always ready with encouragement. Up to date decorations and cleaning, hairdresser, management. Nothing too much trouble. Providing excellent all round service.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 17 Mar 2017:

Dear Barbara, thank you so much for your review. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff team. Thank you again!

The Mount is a nursing home with very friendly, helpful staff.
I am always welcomed with a cheerful smile and offered a cup of tea of coffee, sometimes with a piece of cake, depending on the time of day.
The Mount had a large Christmas tree in the reception area which was a pleasing sight.
The lounge rooms were tastefully decorated with Christmas items and Christmas music playing in the background.
All staff are compassionate to residents and their families. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
The residents respond well to their carers.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 13 Mar 2017:

Thank you so much for your detailed review! - I will ensure that your comments are shared with the staff team. Thank you again.

Contact with head office staff has always been relaxed, along with the management team at The Mount Care Home, a well-run team always starts from the top. The staff are always prepared to help and assist whenever required. The introduction of the tea room is a great improvement, along with the food preparation, which is performed to a very clean and high standard. There are some issues with the laundry process, which I believe is being corrected by the management team.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 07 Mar 2017:

Dear Brian, we are delighted that you would recommend our home to others. Thank you for taking the time to write this balanced review - Your comments are very much valued and appreciated. I will, of course, ensure that your comments are shared with the staff teams. Thank you again!

My mother has Alzheimer's and moved to the mount from a residential home fairly recently in January 2017. We were a little concerned that the move may be disruptive for her but she has settled in very well and seems very content. Both my sister and I have been very impressed with the care, enthusiasm, warmth and helpfulness of all the staff members we have met and feel that mum is in safe hands. The mount has a homely feel about it and there is a good range of daily activities provided to encourage a continuing good quality of life.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 19 Feb 2017:

Dear Sarah, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. I will ensure your comments are passed on to the staff team! Thank you again!

This home, overall, has many strengths. The staff members are welcoming, friendly and have an appropriate sense of humour, seemingly engaging with each of the residents sensitively, according to their (the residents) needs and different personalities. The staff members, who all seem to really enjoy their work, also appear enthusiastic to continuously develop their skills and understanding. While they are clearly very busy, their patience with the residents is always maintained. Nursing staff keep me, as a relative, informed about any medical matters and they communicate effectively in detail.

Food at The Mount is colourful, well presented and plentiful with available choices shown to residents. My mother's room is kept very clean and fresh and laundry is efficient. Activities in the home cover a wide range and there are outings and regular varied entertainments.

On several occasions, I have strongly recommended The Mount to people whose relatives are seeking home placements.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Dear Lyn, Thank you so much for your detailed review of our home and for your comments. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the staff team. Thank you again!

My mother is bed ridden and needs constant care. After several average homes, we brought mum to The Mount.

All I can say is that wish we had found this place a lot earlier, they are very caring to mums needs and treat her with the respect she deserves.
Everybody is very welcoming and treat you like one of the family, at a very difficult time is nice to know you can depend on them.

I would recommend The Mount to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 31 Jan 2017:

Dear Ian, Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are extremely grateful for your comments and very happy that you are pleased with our home. I will of course pass on your comments to the staff team. Thank you again.

The care is excellent. The staff take time with the residents whenever possible. There is a lot of effort put into activities and entertainment. The Manager is great and takes the time to listen to any concerns or requests and actions everything within her power.
Fully trained nurses are on hand all the time to discuss any medical matters and offer advice and suggest corrective action.
Comprehensive daily records are kept by the carers, but in the main, the staff know every resident personally as there are only around 40.
The food is a little "samey" and could be improved for those residents that don't need soft food daily but on the whole a good standard.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 16 Jan 2017:

Dear Greg, Thank you for your detailed review, your comments are valued and are very much appreciated. I will ensure that all of your comments and suggestions are passed on to the staff team! Thank you again!

We were entertained to an excellent Christmas lunch which was provided by the staff. Everyone was so friendly, professional and caring.
The atmosphere was relaxed and jovial. The setting quite and relaxed, the visit was a lovely occasion.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 06 Jan 2017:

Thank you very much for your review! We are so pleased that you enjoy celebrating Christmas with us. I will pass on your comments to the staff team. Thank you again.

The Mount provided temporary respite care initially for dad (3 months) following my mum having a stroke and therefore unable to care for his needs at home. He is now a permanent resident since August and we felt this was better due to my mum's recovery. Initially, I was the one who had to find a home and when I spoke to the manager she made myself and my auntie at ease answering questions and showing us around. Since then we have found the staff friendly and a drop in approach has made it easier to visit. We were grateful for a general meeting to discuss future plans and to inform us of information in the home. We liked the idea of a newsletter to keep us up to date with what was happening. My dad finds it hard to understand why he is living there are we are kept informed as much as possible about his general needs.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 09 Dec 2016:

Thank you, Debbie, for taking the time to share your thoughts and compliments. We are pleased you feel that we are caring for Dad so well. I will share your comments with the staff team - Thank you again!

Very friendly and accessible home, staff very keen to strike up personal relationships with relatives and very receptive to requests, concerns and feedback. We like the cheerful, informal and restful ambience with a philosophy that puts the personal needs of the residents above outward appearances. We have been impressed by the low profile but always reassuring presence of staff on hand at all times and the excellent quality of the food and attention to diet and nutrition. So far, minor medical needs requiring outside intervention has been prompt and effective and the activities programme is imaginative.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 09 Dec 2016:

Dear Richard - Thank you for your detailed comments and for the positive review of our Home. I will ensure that your thoughts are shared with the staff team.

When the manager and a member of her staff first came to assess mum, I was immediately impressed by how warm they were with her and how they listened to her and gave her their full attention. Mum initially went to The Mount just for respite but due to the continued warmth of the staff, the high level of care and the way her dignity was at all times preserved I felt she was in safe hands and she has stayed.
The management is very good, the staff work hard as a team and are always welcoming. Any issues or queries have been easy to discuss and have been acted on. Mum has been able to continue an activity she did before going to the home which really enriches her life.
The manager states that she chooses her staff for their heart and this is what you see, the care is genuine and the home has a friendly, homely, atmosphere.
It is hard to put your loved one into the care of someone you don't know but I fully trust that mum is in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 28 Nov 2016:

Thank you Nicola for your detailed comments and kind words. I am very pleased you feel that we care for Mum so well. I will make sure that your comments are shared with the staff team!

I have volunteered at The Mount Care Home for over 2 years and can honestly say that the management and team are wonderful. The home has a very warm and welcoming atmosphere, where everyone is made to feel a part of the family. The quality of food is excellent and the chef on duty serves each plate directly, ensuring a high standard of service. The life enrichment team ensure that there is never a dull moment!! - including lots of trips out, even to the seaside! Overall, the home is extremely friendly, very welcoming and the staff team are just lovely!

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Likely

The care home is very nice, the management and staff are excellent but like most of which I have visited, there is never enough staff to care for all eventualities. If a resident needs to use the toilet two carers are needed to take them but there is very rarely two available which makes the resident very agitated.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emma Fielder, Home Manager at The Mount Care Home responded to this review on 25 Nov 2016:

Thank you for sending in the review and for your comments. We are delighted that you would be extremely likely to recommend our home. We are all very proud to be part of enhancing the lives of our residents at The Mount and its good to know that you will pass on the recommendation to others. In response to your view on staffing levels, I always ensure the correct number of staff are on duty each day, and continually assess our residents needs to see if higher levels of staffing are required. So once again thank you for your comments they are much appreciated.

Extremely happy with the way my father settled quickly and for the excellent care he receives.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Excellent in every way. My mother is cared for extremely well.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

When we first visited the home, we were struck by how welcoming it was and by the warmth and kindness of the staff.whilst my mother lived there, they were always welcoming and it felt more like a family than a care home. The staff went out their way to make a personal connection with family members and treated Mum like their own mother. They said their aim was to care for her in the best possible way to ensure she was without pain and that she had a good death and they achieved this. When the end was imminent they made an extra special effort, even though she was in a deep sleep, e.g. coming in to kiss her goodbye before going off shift. They gave her wonderful nursing care, dignity and love. They were disappointed they couldn't attend her funeral.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Due to my wife being in the advanced stage of Parkinson's Disease, plus other problems. It became necessary for her to enter a care home. Regretfully the home that she went to was inadequate resulting in her having to be admitted to hospital, an official complaint by me was made to CQC.
Regarding this home I can honestly say that after a lot of investigation and deliberation of various other homes, I consider "The Mount" to be one of the best. Since my wife has been a patient there, I have found all the staff to be very conscientious and very considerate to all patients, relatives and all other visitors. The home is well administered and maintained to a very high standard at all times.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

For three and a half years my husband lived happily at The Mount. At all times he was treated with respect, kindness and dignity. The food was always plentiful and delicious.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Very kind, considerate and friendly staff. I felt confident my mother-in-law was well cared for. Always approachable at any time of day or night.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

My Nan was very against moving into a care home but had no choice in the last few weeks of her life as she required proper full time nursery care. However my nan absolutely loved The Mount Care Home and called her carers "my angels". They were so lovely to her and she had a great relationship with them. She was always treated very kindly and with great respect. Also the food was amazing. My nan was extremely particular about her food yet she loved the food at The Mount Care Home which is high praise indeed! I would have no hesitation in recommending The Mount Care Home as a kind, caring, competent, friendly, excellent place to be cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

I am a registered nurse. Mum has been a resident at The Mount for 18 months. Mum had Alzheimer's and died on 8/10/15. During her time there she settled quickly. The staff patiently care for the residents and genuinely are fond of them. I visited at least three times a week and only ever witnessed kindness and care delivered with respect and professionalism. I felt able to make requests and felt part of the team looking after her. I felt her needs were met by us working together and me being her voice. The staff were always kind and patient with me, and did their upmost of care well for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend The Mount Care Home? Extremely Likely

Thank you all for the tireless care shown to my father during his stay with you. His care was 1st Class, his room clean & comfortable. Food was nourishing & plentiful. Overall the Mount is a welcoming place for people in need of specialist care. Well done to you all.

Submit a Review for The Mount Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Mount Care Home

Emma

Emma Fielder

Joined: 2015

I am very proud to be Home Manager of The Mount Care Home, my journey has taken me from working as a Health Care Assistant back in 2002 to becoming a Registered Nurse in 2007 (BSc (Hons), RN). Within my Nursing career, I have enjoyed working both as a Senior Nurse and also as a Clinical Lead within High Dependency and Dementia Care settings. My most recent achievement is that of obtaining a Masters Degree in Leadership and Management (Mmgt) which has enabled me to develop and explore my leadership skills and ability. I believe my approach to be that an inclusive and supportive leader and most importantly, I promote a coaching style to my leadership. Ultimately, my personal and professional values are very clear - I aim to empower my team, and enable them to be the very best that they can be!
Whilst I bring a wealth of experience of working within Care Home environment I am a compassionate and understanding person that advocates Quality Care for our residents. The team at The Mount offer and provide the very best possible care for our residents and together, we aim to capture, share and lead the true nature of a person centred approach to care, meaning that every person is cared for as an individual and are very much involved in their care needs.
I am available to speak to regarding all aspects of care and I aim to answer any questions that you may have. I truly believe that within The Mount, we have an environment that feels like an extension of a person's own home - that we can all be very proud of! We offer a very warm welcome!!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Mount Care Home