Glen Heathers Nursing Home

48 Milvil Road, Lee-on-the-Solent PO13 9LX

Group: Saffronland Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Kelly Burrows (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 53 Service Users

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alzheimer's • Anorexia/Bulimia/Self Harming • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Dependant on assessment.

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £600 – £800 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £530 – £650 (These prices are only a guideline, please contact Glen Heathers Nursing Home to find out the exact price for your requirements.)

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Separate Dementia Care Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Glen Heathers Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Glen Heathers Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 8 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Glen Heathers Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.6 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.768 for Glen Heathers Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (73 Excellents x 5) + (22 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 95 Ratings = 4.768

The 4.566 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Glen Heathers Nursing Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 10.6 positive Reviews (53 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 10.6 Target = 0.566

9.3 Glen Heathers Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.334) from 8 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Glen Heathers Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Glen Heathers Nursing Home

• Grandson of Resident/Service User

Just to say my mum was moved here when her home was closed.
My Mum is a different woman. She seems happier and is able to communicate with me, something she never could. Mum even knew my name, and it's 10 years since she has done that.
The staff are efficient, caring and friendly.
My mum has Alzheimer's and can be difficult but has totally changed and is friendly, smiley and relaxed.
Well done all the staff for their good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Glen Heathers Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have just returned from visiting my mother as I normally do, at least three times every week as I have done since she moved into Glen Heathers one year ago. Once again as I have found on every other occasion, the staff have treated my mother with nothing but kindness, consideration and with total respect for her dignity. While myself and my sisters and our extended families have found living with dementia really difficult we now have absolutely no concerns for her welfare. We have always been actively encouraged to let the staff know of any concerns that we may have so that they can be dealt with. They have always treated all of the family as considerately as the residents. The Manager is really trying to make a difference to the quality of life of the residents and it is plain for everyone to see that she is fully supported by all of her team. A nicer, kinder, compassionate group of people would be impossible to find.

Kelly Burrows, Registered Manager at Glen Heathers Nursing Home responded to this review on 24 Nov 2017:

Thank you for your kind words.

Visited my friend today and on arrival, I was met by staff who let me in. Place was friendly, warm and welcoming. As usual, the place was up to its high standards and I was greeted by staff who were happy and pleasant. I feel great visiting here knowing that everyone is treated with dignity and respect.

My 95-year-old Grandmother has Vascular Dementia and has now been in Glen Heathers for nearly 2 months. I can honestly say that this is the happiest I have seen her in years! All her needs are met by caring, considerate and happy staff and she looks so much more physically well now than she did prior to moving in. The building itself is so spacious and I am 100% confident that the manager and her team will look after my Nan and it is lovely to see her looking so well and happy.
To sum it up, I don't worry about my Nan anymore (she previously lived alone) because I know she is now being cared for by a team of people who have nothing but her best interests at heart. I can think of nothing negative to say about Glen Heathers and placing my Nan there currently feels like one of the best decisions we have ever made.

Kelly Burrows, Registered Manager at Glen Heathers Nursing Home responded to this review on 16 Oct 2017:

Thank you Steve. Your Nan is a pleasure to have here and I'm very pleased your experience has been so positive.

For over a year I have found the staff at Glen Heathers are very caring and approachable. Whenever I visit, Mum is always well situated and in possession of all she needs.
Despite Mum's drastic lack of communicative ability staff try very hard to connect with her, often with more success than I can achieve.
They are always frank and constructive in their reports to me about her. I often find the staff have taken any necessary steps such as GP and hospital visits to ensure Mum's continuing well-being, informing me of any outcome and any necessary contribution that may be needed from me.
I have always found the staff cheerful, unendingly patient and committed to maximising my mother's quality of life. I would have no hesitation in recommending Glen Heathers to any prospective family member looking to place their loved one in good care.

Kelly, Registered Manager at Glen Heathers Nursing Home responded to this review on 25 Sep 2017:

Thank you David for your kind words.

Both my parents entered Glen Heathers as a result of age-related health issues approximately 3 years ago.
Sadly though my mother passed away within a couple of months and didn't have the opportunity to enjoy the facilities, but was well looked after in her last few months.
At that time and subsequently over the last 3 years my father has been there, I believe he has always been looked after very well, which has led to his continued good spirits, positive state of mind and generally good health.
I live abroad and call him on a weekly basis to make sure all is OK. Communication from the management and nursing staff in the care home when abroad is very good and more so from the hard working general staff and carers when I pay him visits is equally very good.

My last visit to the UK and the care home was only a few days ago and on each occasion all was fine and as expected, with my dad in very good spirits and with no complaints.

Long may he live and long may this be in Glen Heathers.

Kelly Burrows, Registered Manager at Glen Heathers Nursing Home responded to this review on 20 Sep 2017:

Thank you for your kind words. It is nice to hear you have found your experience at Glenheathers a positive one.

We currently help recruit for Glen Heathers, they have been great to work with and have been really efficient and friendly. We keep in contact with them regularly to find out up to date vacancies and to check up on the progress of our candidates waiting to start with them. They have given candidates a chance even if they are wanting very few hours as other homes aren't always willing to be flexible and take on candidates needing these kind of hours. Overall, we are glad to do business with them and will continue to do so.

My nan has been there several years now.

Absolutely lovely home with caring and friendly staff and a fantastic manager. Always clean, always tidy and they make sure each resident is made to feel special as well as the family members. Plenty of events going on, food is fantastic and they are faultless in letting you know when something is wrong that you need to know.

Feels like my nans home away from home and nothing is ever too much, even when I turn up at silly times!!!

Thank you everyone at Glen Heathers for treating my nan so very well.

Submit a Review for Glen Heathers Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Glen Heathers Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Glen Heathers Nursing Home