Manor House Care Home

80 Huntingdon Road, Upwood, Ramsey, Huntingdon PE26 2QQ

At Manor House, a dedicated team of carers provide round the clock care to elderly residents for short or long-term needs. Care is also available to people who are living with Parkinson's and to those who require palliative care.

Situated in the village of Upton, Manor House is a restored and modernised vicarage that features bright and comfortable rooms as well a large garden and patio area. Most bedrooms have ensuite facilities and views of the garden.

A variety of freshly prepared meals can be enjoyed in the sociable dining rooms, or in the privacy of Residents' own rooms if preferred. In the warmer months, dining can be enjoyed outside in the garden with the company of visiting guests. All dietary preferences and tastes are discussed on arrival.

The activity coordinator works with residents to create an activities calendar everyone can participate in if they wish to, including Macmillan coffee mornings and social events such as the rotary proms.

Person in charge: Bheki Perelion (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , Registered for a maximum of 40 Service Users

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest Care Quality Commission* Report on Manor House Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.5 (maximum of 10) for Manor House Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.8 out of 5 from 11 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Manor House Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 4.8 out of 5 from 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.769 for Manor House Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (103 Excellents x 5) + (24 Goods x 4) + (3 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 130 Ratings = 4.769

The 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Manor House Care Home is based on 6 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 8 positive Reviews (40 registered maximum number of service users ÷ 5). 6 Reviews ÷ 8 Target = 0.750

9.5 Manor House Care Home has a Review Score of 9.5 (9.519) from 11 Reviews

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Manor House Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Manor House Care Home

• Respite Resident/Service User

I enjoyed my stay at The Manor, all the staff are very kind and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Likely

Thank you for the care, love and attention given to my mother during her final months in the Manor House Care Home. I cannot praise ALL the staff enough. Their friendliness and support for us the family was very much appreciated and nothing was too much trouble when it came to the needs of my mother. It was a great comfort to us to know she was comfortable and peaceful at the end. God bless all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

The staff are very friendly and caring. I have every confidence that my mother is in safe hands. Nothing seems too much trouble for the staff, they are a credit to their profession.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

I feel confident that my wife is well cared for when I am not there. I am kept informed as to her condition, staff always ready to help. They treat all the residents with kindness and consideration.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

This is an interim care placement for my mother before returning home from hospital. My family and I have been impressed with the care shown by all the staff. The catering is of a good standard, the laundry service is excellent and activities well thought out. Her room is of adequate size, well furnished and kept very clean. Unfortunately, her toilet is always very cold and plumbing very noisy. Overall though, it's pretty good and she's definitely been well looked after.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Likely

Clare Sheehan, Care Advisor at Manor House Care Home responded to this review on 13 Feb 2018:

Thank you for your kind comments following your Mother’s recent stay. I was pleased to read that you were impressed with the care she received. I was, however, sorry to read of the noisy plumbing and heating issues in her toilet. Following your feedback, a plumber has since visited the home and the issues of the noisy plumbing and chilly toilet are being addressed.

I was well cared for by very pleasant carers and staff. They all made my daughter and myself very welcome. If I was a Queen, I couldn't wish for better care and staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer services administator at Manor House Care Home responded to this review on 01 Aug 2017:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments about our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager.

Couldn't wish for better. Everybody is really friendly and you feel really secure.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Manor House Care Home responded to this review on 28 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My experience here has been a very happy one. I was not sure what to expect when my husband was sent here from the hospital, but I have now grown to respect the hard working and caring ladies here. They have given my husband and I wonderful care and support 24 hours a day. When you first enter through the door, the atmosphere and laughter greet you from management, all the staff, kitchen staff and the maintenance man. These caring ladies are angels and I cannot thank them enough. They always help with any problems large or small.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Manor House Care Home responded to this review on 10 Jun 2016:

I feel I have been very well looked after, staff have been very kind and made my stay enjoyable, sometimes the tea time food could be better.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Manor House Care Home responded to this review on 18 May 2016:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

I found the home really caring in looking after patients and the staff are wonderful.

How likely would you be to recommend Manor House Care Home? Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Manor House Care Home responded to this review on 16 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

All work hard to make Manor House a home. My mum is treated with respect and her wishes are met. All the staff from every part of the home have her interests at heart. I receive all information concerning her care. I feel when I visit like a part of a family.

Submit a Review for Manor House Care Home

posted 08 May 2018

Please contact us for information regarding our bed availability

Bhekimpilo

Bhekimpilo Perelion

Bheki is a Registered Nurse with many years’ experience in providing care and support for older people to enrich their lives. She is a knowledgeable and dedicated leader who is passionate about delivering the highest possible standards in care and quality of life for Residents.

Having worked at Manor House for a number of years, Bheki shares HC-One’s vision in aiming to provide the kindest care for each and every Resident. She extends a kind and caring approach to her residents and works closely with colleagues to meet the Residents needs in order for them to gain the most benefit, in a warm and welcoming home.

She also works hard to arrange events and activities with nearby schools and clubs in liaison with colleagues ensures Residents experience life outside the home on day trips and is always keen to include the local community in life at Manor House.

When asked what she enjoys most about her role, Bheki said:

“The best part of my job is being available to talk to Residents and their relatives, to ensure that we meet their needs, which enables us to provide them with the best possible care.”

Outside of work, Bheki likes catching up with friends and family members and going on holiday.

If you would like to find out more information about Manor House Care Home, Bheki has an ‘Open Door Policy’ and would be pleased to welcome you for an informal chat.

T 01487 814333
W hc-one.co.uk
E manorhouse.manager@hc-one.co.uk

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Manor House Care Home